PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Baldinger: Evidence Not There, Clear Agenda against NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Kraft will accept a reduction that Brady will not accept (I would bet a lot of money Brady will not accept even 1 play of suspension without going to the highest court he can) and no reduction in the team penalties?
That is getting nothing and liking it. Doesn't sound like thats his attitude right now.

I think Kraft has pledged Brady his unconditional support.

The Patriots won't get their penalty reduced to zero. In fact, they won't get it reduced all the way to a truly fair level. But at this point I think our side is all in on getting Brady's penalty reduced to zero (or perhaps a cash fine that is obviously cheaper than lawyers' bills would be).

How is Borges relevant to anything football related? He has been proven a worthless plagiarizing hack. Has he ever gotten one thing right while covering the Patriots?

Its relevant because Bedard sat beside him and nodded his head while Borges mocked Patriots for their oh woe is me attitude and told Patriot fans to just shut up already. In my opinion, that says more about Bedard than it does anything (new) about Borges.

I was half-listening to the interview online.

He told Zolak and Bertrand at the outset that he would say things they "liked and things they didn't like".

Was the "Kraft would ultimately fold" comment part of the "things they wouldn't like" segment?

Furthermore Bedard was adamant that the NFL hammered the Patriots because they would not make McNally available.

However, he was supposedly interviewed four times and when request for a fifth interview was met with "no but you can interview him by phone", the NFL interpreted this as failing to cooperate and thus slammed the hammer down?

It's just like Al Capone. Couldn't get him on murder so they got him on Tax Evasion.

Couldn't get Brady on deflation so they get him on not 100% cooperating (which is 100% BS).

I was half-listening to the interview online.

He told Zolak and Bertrand at the outset that he would say things they "liked and things they didn't like".

Was the "Kraft would ultimately fold" comment part of the "things they wouldn't like" segment?

Furthermore Bedard was adamant that the NFL hammered the Patriots because they would not make McNally available.

However, he was supposedly interviewed four times and when request for a fifth interview was met with "no but you can interview him by phone", the NFL interpreted this as failing to cooperate and thus slammed the hammer down?

I think he meant that they wouldn't like several of his positions. He's a "yeah they did it, punishment is needed" guy.

As for McNally, the argument Bedard was putting forth is that interview #5 was going to be the big one. It was going to be 'just' interview #2 by Wells, and he'd have been armed with all the text messages. The equation was to the Saints, as this is the approach Wells took there.

Of course, Bedard's take ignores the big question:

What the hell was the NFL doing interviewing McNally 3 times?

A cheap tactic, keep bringing him in - ask the same questions and hope he says something different.

A cheap tactic, keep bringing him in - ask the same questions and hope he says something different.

Oh, I get what they were doing. What they were doing leads to 2 questions, though:

1. Why not let Wells do that?
  2. Why did they not get the text messages during that time?

Those are two easy rebuttals to the 'cooperation' angle.

I think he meant that they wouldn't like several of his positions. He's a "yeah they did it, punishment is needed" guy.

As for McNally, the argument Bedard was putting forth is that interview #5 was going to be the big one. It was going to be 'just' interview #2 by Wells, and he'd have been armed with all the text messages. The equation was to the Saints, as this is the approach Wells took there.

Of course, Bedard's take ignores the big question:

Yes. This interview was going to be the one where Wells would drop the hammer on McNally and get him to sing. When denied, the NFL likely went apoplectic with rage...

You think Kraft will accept a reduction that Brady will not accept (I would bet a lot of money Brady will not accept even 1 play of suspension without going to the highest court he can) and no reduction in the team penalties?
That is getting nothing and liking it. Doesn't sound like thats his attitude right now.

BRADY
IMHO, Brady will be heard before an arbitrator (perhaps after court intervention, and will have his suspension reduced to 1-2 games. Kraft will continue to support Brady. Brady will then decide whether he wants further actions in the courts. As of today, he probably does. So, Kraft will support Brady in any of his actions.

But after a couple of months more, he may or may not go to court. I suspect that when the suspension is reduced, it will be clear that Brady had nothing to do with the alleged deflation of balls. Brady's punishment will be for for 1-2 games for will be not fully cooperating with His Highness The Supreme Commissioner. Will Brady really want to continue to fight in court for many months of 1 or 2 games of pay. My suspicion s "no", but certainly Brady might decide differently.

KRAFT
Kraft is pi$$ed at the severity of the punishments, a bit more than in Spygate. He will make a relatively simple business decision with regard to how much action he is willing to take. Some are easy, like supporting Brady and perhaps not putting up the banner until Brady plays. He might make an appeal of the punishment, or not. I don't think that Kraft will take the NFL to court, since such actions will likely be assessed by his staff as hurting his long-term financial interests.

BRADY
IMHO, Brady will be heard before an arbitrator (perhaps after court intervention, and will have his suspension reduced to 1-2 games. Kraft will continue to support Brady. Brady will then decide whether he wants further actions in the courts. As of today, he probably does. So, Kraft will support Brady in any of his actions.

But after a couple of months more, he may or may not go to court. I suspect that when the suspension is reduced, it will be clear that Brady had nothing to do with the alleged deflation of balls. Brady's punishment will be for for 1-2 games for will be not fully cooperating with His Highness The Supreme Commissioner. Will Brady really want to continue to fight in court for many months of 1 or 2 games of pay. My suspicion s "no", but certainly Brady might decide differently.

KRAFT
Kraft is pi$$ed at the severity of the punishments, a bit more than in Spygate. He will make a relatively simple business decision with regard to how much action he is willing to take. Some are easy, like supporting Brady and perhaps not putting up the banner until Brady plays. He might make an appeal of the punishment, or not. I don't think that Kraft will take the NFL to court, since such actions will likely be assessed by his staff as hurting his long-term financial interests.

I expect you'll be wrong regarding both outcomes.

Where am I wrong?

BRADY
I said that Brady's suspension is likely to be reduced, and that he may or may not go to court after the appeal.

KRAFT
I said that Kraft won't sue the league, or take the league to court.

Where am I wrong?

BRADY
I said that Brady's suspension is likely to be reduced, and that he may or may not go to court after the appeal.

KRAFT
I said that Kraft won't sue the league, or take the league to court.

You:

My suspicion s "no"

I don't think that Kraft will take the NFL to court

I expect you'll be wrong on both of those. Time will tell.

BRADY

KRAFT
Like Deus Irae, I hope you are wrong. This was a frame up on the part of the NFL to punish the
successful Patriots. The manipulation of the psi results was disgraceful. Brady and the Patriots
are being punished for an infraction that did not occur.

BRADY

KRAFT

Disagree with all of that.

Brady considers this a slight on his character and legacy. Yee would have issued the exact same statement if it was a suspension for 1 game, and probably even if it were a fine.
You must understand, this conclusion not only says Brady orchestrated a method to blatantly cheat, but also sat down (under oath?) with the Wells team and lied through his teeth.
His football legacy is only one thing at stake, his character has not only been questioned it has been assaulted.
The not cooperating part is the easiest fight. The NFL does not have subpoena power and we are already hearing they had all of his texts to Patriot employees. You cannot be suspended (not that will be upheld) for failing to comply with a request that is unlawful, unreasonable and one you have collectively bargained as a union to be not allowed.

Yuor speculation on Kraft is nothing more than you sitting down, taking a guess and writing it down. I disagree with it. He gave the finger to the league with Brady's back on all of the teams social media. THAT is an indication that he is taking up the fight.

I cannot see an arbitrator finding any suspension is merited in Brady's case (it is literally a "must have known" when some degree of proof of intent is warranted). The team issue seems sillier, given the fact this hack report concluded the powers that be had no play in this issue.

I don't know about you, but at best this smacks of an agency issue, assuming there was some tangible malfeasance by low level players, that qualifies as a detour or frolic. That is assuming this 'report' could establish misconduct by the two low-level players. My thought for them is probable cause, but not preponderance of the evidence.

Last edited:
I think this is bigger than the patriots. This is the league owners doing what they want. The owners have to much power and they use Roger Goodell to execute what they want.

NFL players need to wake up. The owners will always choose money and public opinion over players best interests. Its the Patriots and Brady today in 10 years it will be somebody else.

Baldinger better be looking over his shoulder for the next few weeks.

Bubble head. She was working at the Avon counter at Macy's 2 weeks ago.

Yup, just find a pair of T&A that can follow a script and that's what you get for most of the personalities on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST