PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Baldinger: Evidence Not There, Clear Agenda against NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good interview but to bad you have to go to NFL.com to view it.

BTW, Bedard was just on 98.5

He thinks Brady's suspension will be cut down to 1-2 games, and Kraft will fold.

With all else that the NFL does wrong, let's pause for a moment to acknowledge that NFL.com seems to feel free to offer anti-NFL opinions.

Of course, that's the right decision dollar-wise, as it makes the property more valuable than if it were a pure shill. Still -- it's the right thing to do.

He thinks Brady's suspension will be cut down to 1-2 games, and Kraft will fold.

This certainly seems likely.

Kraft may continue to take token actions, especially in support of Brady. As far as the team penalties, He has said they were more severe than expected. I don't think this will go much further.

If he folds he accomplished nothing.

If he folds I expect I am likely done with the NFL.

His reasoning is that other owners will go to Kraft and give him the "Good of the league" ********.

I think its full exoneration or bust. At least for Brady, and hopefully for Kraft.
It is now about character, integrity and reputation.

Seems majority of talking heads still feel Brady will miss at least 1 game any possible situation he doesn't miss any?

Kraft may continue to take token actions, especially in support of Brady. As far as the team penalties, He has said they were more severe than expected. I don't think this will go much further.

Kraft would be a fool to stop now.

You think Kraft will accept a reduction that Brady will not accept (I would bet a lot of money Brady will not accept even 1 play of suspension without going to the highest court he can) and no reduction in the team penalties?
That is getting nothing and liking it. Doesn't sound like thats his attitude right now.

I was listening to NFL radio this morning and the hosts were saying the recent harsh penalties for teams and players was fallout from the league mishandling the Ray Rice situation. They pointed out Greg Hardy getting 10 games, Ray Farmer getting suspended, Rich McKay being suspended from the Comp committee and the Falcons being fined.

You can argue if the Falcons really received a harsh penalty, but I see their general point. If the league is handing out harsher penalties, how does that explain the punishment for the Jets tampering? When the league is allegedly cracking down more than ever, their punishment wasn't equal to prior violations, it was significantly less. You can't claim teams are being treated equally when things like that happen.

Seems majority of talking heads still feel Brady will miss at least 1 game any possible situation he doesn't miss any?

The smart move here was missed. It would have been easy for the NFL to come down with:

We don't know for sure what, if anything happened with the footballs, but the Patriots didn't produce McNally for that last interview. As a result, we are fining them $x and a low round draft pick.

Instead, the NFL went full ******. At this point, Anything short of unconditional surrender should be considered insufficient by Kraft.

Any court would throw out the suspension in a heartbeat.
If it stays a league matter, who knows, if it becomes a legal matter, Tom Brady will be a free man.

There is simply nothing that even comes close to approaching enough evidence to deny the man the right to earn his living.

His reasoning is that other owners will go to Kraft and give him the "Good of the league" ********.

I was half-listening to the interview online.

He told Zolak and Bertrand at the outset that he would say things they "liked and things they didn't like".

Was the "Kraft would ultimately fold" comment part of the "things they wouldn't like" segment?

Furthermore Bedard was adamant that the NFL hammered the Patriots because they would not make McNally available.

However, he was supposedly interviewed four times and when request for a fifth interview was met with "no but you can interview him by phone", the NFL interpreted this as failing to cooperate and thus slammed the hammer down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes