PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brett Keisel out for Sunday's game vs. the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be confused, very few 3-4 DE are as good as Aaron Smith. I was including Keisel in that group and he is a starter. I think it is debatable that A. Smith is the best DE in the league with only Seymour entering that debate.

You said Hoke, Eason and Kirschke are gamers. They're not.

But Kirschke and Hoke are very serviceable. And if you think Eason is terrible you haven't been watching this year.

I never said Eason was terrible. If you think I said Eason is terrible you haven't been reading my posts this year.

Veterans are players that have been in the league a number of years, it's not a definition up for interpretation.

Everything is up for interpretation. Two guys have been in the league 6 years, one has started since his rookie season and the other guy has ridden the pine. Who's the real veteran?

If they had been starting for a number of years in this league they would still be starting right?

I don't know what you're saying here.

Unless they were declining and in that case give me the young guys, especially along the line.

Young guys can be gamers and still not know what they're doing.

This game won't be won or lost based on the Steelers Dline, well not entirely.

It'll really come down to the Steelers offense vs the Pats Defense. The Steelers will need to keep the ball away from the Pats, eat clock, go on long drives, score TDs in the redzone and not turn the ball over deep in its own end giving the Pats a short field. I think the Steelers defense will hold up well agains the Pats as long as they aren't getting the ball at the Steelers 20 yard line right before the half down by 10. Effing Colts.

I said Hoke was a gamer, whatever the hell that means. He started for Hampton for an entire year and the D didn't miss a beat.

No, not everything is up for interpretation. Veterans are veterans. No two ways about it. If you meant you expect to have starting veterans in their prime as your backups, umm... sure, that's practical.

Kriscke and Eason are fine filling in for Kiesel. The dropoff from one to the next simply isn;t that great. Now i feel A. Smith is the mvp of the steelers defense so if he went down, none of those guys, including the gamer Kiesel, could replace what he means to the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back