PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer Draft Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great series. Why can't we get writers like that in Boston?

Id love 2 read it but the comp at work keeps denying me access could somebody post it thanks...

He does an excellent job breaking down the Cowboys prospects, they have a need at CB so there is some overlap to the Patriots.

I've been reading his series right along. Is it any wonder why Cason is my favorite CB. This tidbit from:

ARIZONA DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR/DBS COACH MARK STOOPS

...With his length, and he's fairly tall corner, and his versatility, he's going to be able to do a lot of things. He can sneak up on you and play man, but he's also a good zone corner. The game's very important to him, and he has knack for making plays. ... Some things, when you're coaching, you just can't teach. At some point, players just have to be able to play, and let their instincts take over. And those guys, they can make plays, and that's what he done.

He played a lot of football for us, every down for four years. He has confidence in his ability. The game comes natural to him. ... We played him to boundary quite a bit, because teams would put 'trips' to the field, and that enabled us to put pressure on him and put him in man-to-man situations. He allowed us to flood the field side with coverage, and he could take away the guy to boundary himself. ... It's hard to get much better than Antoine.

He's a tremendous person. He came in from day one with work ethic, an ability to listen. He developed into a top corner, because of his work ethic, and because he listens and he's always been coachable, from the time he arrived to the day he left. He's a great kid, I have a lot of respect for him. He'll be a tremendous pro because of those things. ... (As a student), he was way above normal, he worked it where he had just one class this fall, and he doesn't even have to be on campus. He'll graduate in May with a high GPA, and he's one of most likable guys on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft