PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Break out players 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What players do you want to see have a big break out season?

For me it's easily Josh Boyce. He's fast, strong, and could be just as good as Dobson, if not better.

plus we desperately need another option at WR.

Jamie Collins
Chandler Jones

I'm going to go with a somewhat unorthodox pick and say Hightower. I think playing next to a healthy Mayo, rather than playing in lieu of an injured Mayo (and absorbing the attendant responsibilities) should really help better align his positional strengths/weaknesses and elevate his play to the next level.

I think Jamie collins started to get "ii" at the end of last year, if he keeps going hes going to have a huge year.

If it's just for the Pats, I think the most viable candidate for that would be Dobson. He was beginning to catch on last year before he was hurt. If the Pittsburgh game is any indication of where he may be this year (given health), he would be my pick.

Offense: Dobson
Defense: Collins

Offense
  1. Aaron Dobson
  2. Marcus Cannon
  3. Josh Boyce
Defense
  1. Jamie Collins
  2. Logan Ryan
  3. Michael Buchanan

2014 All Pros on defense:

Revis
Jones
Collins

Boom.

It is a long list:

Shane Vereen-Will get the reps to out up really good numbers.

Aaron Dobson-I think the Dobson we were seeing mid season is going to be the player that shows up. I expect a really good season.

Danny Amendola-I believe Amendola is a really good player and he is going to have a great season.

Chandler Jones-he is going to go from good to great this year.

Donta Hightower- I think Jack is dead on and Hightower has a big season.

Jamie Collins-Exceptional talent, if he figures it out he is going to be great.

Collins
Boyce
Dobson

... and my dark horse:

Duron Harmon. I don't think people will be throwing at Revis, McCourty and Browner very much, so there's big potential for Harmon to make some plays.

Not sure Amendola is fully healed, this is from today's OTA, he did return however so it may have been nothing.
Wide receiver Danny Amendola appeared to tweak something midway through practice, so he went to the sideline to adjust something and returned.

Last edited:
Tidbit on Collins from today’s OTA, he does seem poised to bust out.
Linebacker Jamie Collins looks a little bigger this year, and he didn't come off the field much today despite the heavy rotation of players.

Not sure Amendola is fully healed, this is from today's OTA, he did return however so it may have been nothing.
Of course Amendola tweaked something...

Of course Amendola tweaked something...
Overall today was not a good showing for the WRs with the exception of Edelman, hopefully that turns around.
In offense vs. defense drills, receivers dropped at least five passes from Tom Brady, which clearly frustrated him. He eventually turned his attention toward Julian Edelman, who made a really nice leaping catch deep down the field.

Offense
  1. Aaron Dobson
  2. Marcus Cannon
  3. Josh Boyce
Defense
  1. Jamie Collins
  2. Logan Ryan
  3. Michael Buchanan
I heard Larry Izzo thinks it will be Buchanan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results