PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Break It Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I get the sense that when the History of this Season is entirely known ~ if it ever is, that is ~ it will be revealed that Bill The Mad (Genius) made a remarkably shrewd and exceptionally courageous Decision yesterday to risk Home Field Advantage in favor of his Team's Health.

It sort of reminds me of Bobby Fisher's magnificent Gambit in The Greatest Game of Chess Ever Played, when he sacrificed his Queen (HFA?) but in so doing gained an enormous Tactical Advantage.

An enormous Risk, to be certain...but in my opinion: a brilliant one.

All men are fallible, and every single Play in every single Game is at best a Chance for Advantage, not a Sure Thing: The other Coach may not be as good as Mad Bill ~ he isn't ~ but if he guesses right enough times, we'll probably lose to an inferior Team that we would likely beat 8 times out'f 10.

That's difficult even for me to accept, even as I write it, but if you understand this Game, you understand that fact. Random Chance does play a factor ~ albeit a small one, thank the Gods ~ and that is why the expression On Any Given Sunday is immutable Truth, much as we'd all like to believe it isn't.

But On Any Given Sunday ~ or Saturday ~ there's no other Team or Coach I'd be prouder to root for.

Yes, men are fallible, Random Chance does play a part, and I do believe that there are Verminous Scum in New York conspiring to cheat and rob us because New York's always had an Inferiority Complex about New EngLand ~ for good reason ~ and there are Corrupt Parasites always willing to help them, for Corrupt Parasites will do anything for Money, which is what this is all about with them.

But I don't believe that any of the 12 Teams still standing will be better prepared to win it all.

Any Fan basing his Expectations based on yesterday's Game is making a big Mistake.

I believe that we have enjoyed such preposterously sustained Success since Mad Bill took the wheel that many a good Fan has lost sight of just how incredibly thin the line is between Winning and Losing.

And I believe that that causes many of us to react to Losses with a sense of shock...even betrayal.

But the line between Winning and Losing is wafer thin, my friends.

What Mad Bill has managed, ere these 15 Years, is miraculous.

Liberate yourself from Presumption, I beg'f thee.

Liberate yourself from Entitlement.

Enjoy this Historic Ride.

WildCard Predictions:

01 ~ The Chiefs (-3) will play SmallBall on Offense while their Defense crushes Planet Hoosten's Offense.
02 ~ The Steelers (-2) will easily extend Marvin Lewis's PlayOff Losing Streak to 7.
03 ~ The SeaHawks (-5) will smack the Hell out'f the Vikings on both sides of the Ball.
04 ~ The Packers (0) will school the inexperienced and mediocre RedSkins.
Woot!! All FOUR Road Dogs Win!! As Predicted!!!
smiley_headbanger.gif
celebrate.gif
smiley_headbanger.gif

Not ATS, but well done nevertheless buddy.

Let us know if the Pats are gonna win Saturday ;)

Against the Spread, I was 2-1-1, but that's beside the point.

I called 4 Road Wins, and 4 Road Wins there were. :cool:

here ..have a cookie...

0814choice04.jpg

smiley_headbanger.gif
celebrate.gif
smiley_headbanger.gif
Not sure that Steelers and Seahawks "won" as much as the Bengals and Vikings gave the games away.

smiley_headbanger.gif
celebrate.gif
smiley_headbanger.gif

Not sure that Steelers and Seahawks "won" as much as the Bengals and Vikings gave the games away.

Yeah, it's not as if I factored in the inexperience or track record of those Teams into my Predictions or anything...:rolleyes:

Oh.

Wait
a moment.

I did!! :D

A Win is a Win, baby!!

Sooooo funny when Ingrates try to Steal My SunShine!!
jester.gif

4 for 4, baby!! I called it!!
smiley_headbanger.gif
celebrate.gif
smiley_headbanger.gif

Last edited:
here ..have a cookie...

0814choice04.jpg

Hey, anyone else who predicted ~ Link, Please!! :D ~ that the Road Teams would go 4 for 4 is very welcome to join the Celebration!! :D I've read a lot of Jamokes claiming that they knew this or that, but precious few actually linking to Predictions before the Event happened...Just saying!! :D

the last time I saw a win like yours it had a hook in it's lip...

Dangerfield.jpg

I dunno Grid. It just seems like Bill has lost a little something off his fastball. The management of the game at the end of the half in some of the games is head-scratching. Last season, we seemed to fall apart on defense at the end of the half allowing TDs when there was just over a minute in the GB game, 11 seconds in the Miami game and 31 seconds in the SB. This season, we didn't even try to at least get a FG in the Denver game (cost us the game), punted with 8 seconds to go in the Eagles game (resulting in a block returned for a TD), and squandered an opportunity at the end of the half in the second Jets game. Then we have yesterday's disappointing kneeldown at the end of the half. I wonder why other teams don't know you can't score in less than two minutes?

That fastball was looking a little weak yesterday, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes