PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Browner coverage stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripatsfan91

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know Browner had an amazing 2011 season (led the league in passes defended), but does anyone have or know where I can find his coverage stats for 2012 and 2013?

How many times was he targeted? How many completions did he allow? How many yards/TDs did he give up?

Many Seattle fans think Maxwell was an upgrade from Browner, but I just want to try to find some stats that determine what kind of level Browner is at.

I know I saw he only allowed 9 TD in 38 games in Seattle.

Doubt it's meaningful. Seattle plays an unusual defense that maximizes his strengths. Not to mention they have a decent pass rush and amazing safety play.

Personally I trust the eyeball test more on CBs

Doubt it's meaningful. Seattle plays an unusual defense that maximizes his strengths. Not to mention they have a decent pass rush and amazing safety play.

Personally I trust the eyeball test more on CBs

Haha and what do your eye balls tell you about Browner?

Browner coverage stats

Haha and what do your eye balls tell you about Browner?

Pretty much what everyone knows - he'll beat you with strength and length, but if asked to cover for an extended time against shifty opponents... It'll be ugly.

Someone else mentioned something I agree with - teams including the patriots tend to test him with sideline and other routes that require lateral movement. See Lloyd in 2012 game.

Indicates to me that is his weakness so you must account for it in scheme. Better hope one of the cover LBs is dropping back toward his side just in case.

I think Browner ends up playing safety with McCourty regardless of what the party line is now. I think they brought him in to be the Kam Chancellor type safety for them and he will end up inside most of the time. His length is going to work so much better for them inside than it would outside the hashes and his size an closing speed is going to give receivers serious doubt going over the middle.

Revis-Browner-McCourty-Dennard with Ryan and Dennard interchangeable in nickel packages and Arrington in the dime packages

Pretty much what everyone knows - he'll beat you with strength and length, but if asked to cover for an extended time against shifty opponents... It'll be ugly.

Someone else mentioned something I agree with - teams including the patriots tend to test him with sideline and other routes that require lateral movement. See Lloyd in 2012 game.

Indicates to me that is his weakness so you must account for it in scheme. Better hope one of the cover LBs is dropping back toward his side just in case.

Lucky we have some pretty good coverage LB's in Mayo and Collins for our Pass D.

Browner seems like an obvious match up for Tight Ends given his physicality. That said, I'll be happy to see him line up on taller Wide Outs. Interestingly, the Patriots are getting a good mix of DBs in terms of strengths and abilities. Frankly, that excites me.

Browner seems like an obvious match up for Tight Ends given his physicality. That said, I've be happy to see him line up on taller Wide Outs. Interestingly, the Patriots are getting a good mix of DBs in terms of strengths and abilities. Frankly, that excites me.

:yeahthat:

I think we'll see BB match up a lot more and move corners around. He allowed Talib to move around the formation, and I'd expect the same with Revis.

That would mean the other corners have to move around as well, and then I could see us matching up based on the offense's personnel. For the big receivers or TEs, Browner can match up. If it's someone quicker, maybe Arrington or Ryan. Apart from Revis, I don't think any of the corners will play the full game, but split snaps based on what the offense has on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back