PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch used by Chayut to gain fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It's pretty clear that Deion Branch was used by this slimeball Chayut. By Chayut's actions, not counteroffering Belichick's offer for Deion, it was clear Chayut wanted a publicized fight vs. Bill Belichick to get his name on the front page of the NFL agent listings.

If Chayut wins, and by all accounts, he will by getting Deion traded and a new contract, he figures he'll attract other top flight talent who will see him as the guy who beat Belichick.

It will be interesting to see if any Patriots now fire their agents in favor of this guy, a clear signal that they are upset with this Branch fiasco. If Branch really wanted to come back, he's the big loser here at the expense of this agent. I remember when Curtis Martin's agent wanted him to sit out when he was still a Patriot, he fired his agent immediately and ended up leaving for NY anyhow.

110% true. Chayut pulled down his pants and took a crap on the sidewalk in front of Pioli's office. No question about that.

What a major a-hole he is.

Jacky Roberts said:
It's pretty clear that Deion Branch was used by this slimeball Chayut. By Chayut's actions, not counteroffering Belichick's offer for Deion, it was clear Chayut wanted a publicized fight vs. Bill Belichick to get his name on the front page of the NFL agent listings.

If Chayut wins, and by all accounts, he will by getting Deion traded and a new contract, he figures he'll attract other top flight talent who will see him as the guy who beat Belichick.

It will be interesting to see if any Patriots now fire their agents in favor of this guy, a clear signal that they are upset with this Branch fiasco. If Branch really wanted to come back, he's the big loser here at the expense of this agent. I remember when Curtis Martin's agent wanted him to sit out when he was still a Patriot, he fired his agent immediately and ended up leaving for NY anyhow.

Ah but you forgot to mention one thing. He has now burned all his Business bridges with this team. BB/Pioli will never do business with this clown or his agency again, IMO. When was the last time we signed a Poston client?
If in his warped mind Chayut believes that he wins something by getting Branch traded, so be it. Whatever, keeps the little guy happy.

Last edited:
DefenseRules said:
Ah but you forgot to mention one thing. He has now burned all his Business bridges with this team. BB/Pioli will never do business with this clown or his agency again, IMO. When was the last time we signed a Poston client?
If in his warped mind Chayut believes that he wins something by getting Branch traded, so be it. Whatever, keeps the little guy happy.

I dont think a team can totally blackball an agent. What if they draft a guy, and then before he signs, he hires Chayut or Poston? The problem is because the NFL collective bargaining agreement 100% benefits the organizations and not the players, every agent who goes against a team will feel like he has the opportunity to go on a very public crusade.

As sick as it sounds, most players in the NFL are looking at this Branch fiasco as a victory for the players union and them in general.

I agree with your analysis of Chayut's motives. However, I think that Deion will either play for the Pats this year, or play for no one. The Pats will let Deion sit out, then franchise him and trade him in the offseason, and if the agent believes that's a victory, then so be it. I don't expect any trade to the Seahawks or anywhere else this season as long as Chayut is the agent.

If he manages to get Deion traded with a new contract, then he has done his job pretty well, no? He may be a slimeball, but the NFL is a cut-throat business. He isn't out there trying to make us happy, he is trying to get the most for his client.

So instead of Branch playing for the Pats this year at a little over $1M, Chayut might be able to get him traded into a 6 Yr/$36M-$39M contract that pays $23M in the first 3 seasons (reportedly).

If that happens, Branch will be forever grateful to Chayut.

Of course, if the flipside is Branch sits out most the season and loses all his income to fines, only to still have the Franchise Tag sitting out there as an option for the Pats, then Chayut will have screwed Branch.

The only time I ever want to hear about Chayut again is in some obscure, cameo-like reference, like Randolph and Mortimer Duke as street people getting a handout in Coming to America. EXAMPLE: Frugal Weddings assistant wedding planner Jason Chayut, a former sports agent, was arrested today for embezzling $600 from the deposit of a Port Jeff bride-to-be.

On a different note, I originally assumed Branch was lured into this fight because of jealousy over what David Givens got as a FA. However, is it possible that Branch has overextended himself and financially needs a signing bonus immediately, and not 2 years from now. IF that were the case, Chayut could actually be protecting his client, taking the slimeball label to get his client out of the hole quietly. I know, not likely, but it had occurred to me as a possible explanation of Deion's marked change in demeanor.

While I'm no fan of Chayut, Deion is a big boy. He's a 26-year old man. He's more culpable than anyone here. And terribly disappointing. What a dip-***** - who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back