Welcome to PatsFans.com

Branch still loves BB, would love to be back (el mergio)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

3. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

"I would love to be back" - Deion Branch

Deion Branch said Wednesday that he would be interested in playing for the Patriots again should the Seahawks let him go.

"I never wanted to leave, nor did coach (Bill) Belichick and his staff and the organization want me to leave, either," said Branch, 30 this July. "We just couldn’t get the contractual part down. And that stuff happens. If the opportunity presents itself to come back, I would love to be there."

Deion Branch

I would not be surprised to see him back here. If he gets healthy, I'd love to have him back.
  4. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Wait, I thought the players hated their coach.:D:D:D
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Re: "I would love to be back" - Deion Branch

So he's already lying his arse off about not wanting to leave... If there was ANY truth to that, he wouldn't have skipped all those workouts, his agent would have bargained in good faith and Meion wouldn't have forced the trade the way he did.

Screw Deion.. The Pats don't need his arse...
  6. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

money talks bull**** walks
  7. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can he still run? That game he played against the Patriots he was a one man wrecking crew so......................
  8. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Here is what I said in the other thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...10/323384-i-would-love-back-deion-branch.html

9. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm also very surprised how many people are "cool" with how he left the team.

Asante gets a lot of hate on this board, yet Branch would be welcomed back with open arms? Asante left when his contract was up, Branch decided he wasn't going to honor the Patriots contract, said screw you and took the money to go luxuriously rot in Seattle instead of helping the Patriots win their 4th title in six years.
  10. woolster22

woolster22 Rookie

Ratings:
    +71 / 3 / -1

His leg hasn't been amputated yet? I wouldn't bother trading for him. I am willing to bet he'll be getting cut anyway. I'd rather use that pick on a young wr, minus all the injuries and NFL mileage than trade one for branch. How many years does he have left at hos current clip-2? 3? Sign him after a cut or don't bring him in at all. He isn't even worth 6th/7th as far as I'm concerned.
  11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

As of right now the Seahawks have their best poker face on. If BB feels that he is healthy enough to be a solid contributor on the field next season, I don't think we're going to have to give anything up to Seattle in order to get him. Just wait patiently. There's no way Seattle is going to chance keeping him and paying him $5 million next season, or whatever he's due to get.
  12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

That's the Boston Sports Fan Syndrome for you. Do you have idea how many people here would cream their pants if Asante came walking back in through that door? Of course, I fully expect a few posters to come in and tell me "NAH, NOT ME BRAH! DUDE TOOK TOO MANY CHANCES".
  13. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The thing is brady made these guys. He shot his way out of town and for a year or 2 he was considered as a elite recevier and then they found out he cannot be healthy for 16 games.

Anyway with moss age and wes injury it times to develop the next set of receivers that will play with brady for the next 5-6 yrs of his career. draft a high pick and a 7th rd guy like givens and see if they will turn out good.
  14. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it's more of that we collectively felt bad for Brady when he was stuck with Caldwell as the #1 WR after Branch/Givens left. And we put that more on the organization than we did with Asante, who most were still angry with due to the Game That Shall Not Be Named.
  15. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,607 / 69 / -74

Disable Jersey

Sam.

Aiken.
  16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Pretty much the only thing that has made me warm up to the team talking to Branch, provided his health issues have improved. I honestly think that I could do a better job as a receiver in New England than Sam Aiken.
  17. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

I'd consider having Deion here if Charlie Weiss was a coach. So much has changed since 04 and I don't know if he fits. On the other hand Brady and him do have familiarity together. I wonder if they could get their timing down like they had before? {First thought}

He never was the most durable wr even when he was here. After all that has happened it makes me wonder if he played hurt just to get his contract? He sure didn't suck it up for Seattle while there. Ankle injuries, guitar strings instead of hamstrings, I don't think this guy can cut it anymore. Who knows? {2nd thought}
  18. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

People long for the good ole days when in their estimation the current days suck. It's human nature.
  19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Wow. I wish he would have felt that way four years ago. We really could have used his services against the Colts. :(
  20. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

My gut hates him for the way he left us shooting his way out of our team and the loss in Indy :mad: We have so many prospects like tate, mini me and couple more from draft!

Why not take a chance with them rather than this lying sleaze bag :enranged:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.