PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brady's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, my man-crush on Brady just continues to grow too. He has just always gotten it right from the start. Even in his first starting year he was cool beyond his years both on the field and off.

I'm waiting to hear reports of Rodney smacking heads this week too as he is our other real leader IMO rather than Mr grieving Seymour who I think took the Branch situation far too personally.

Tom please go explain to Richard how things work in the NFL. thank-you and you are excused for being distracted for one game. one.

Brownfan80 said:
Where did you garner this from? I didn't get this out of anything I read, honestly.

Looking at the situation as a whole last week, where it was rumored that the negotiations between deion and the patriots were in some way focusing on him not relying as much on his agents advice and that he was personally communicating with BB and his teamates, and reading Brady's statements from today: "some things aren't always in management's controll" ; "its two sides" ; "there is a lot of give and take" ; "what I learned last week is that this stuff is really out of my control" ; "I know where the club stands" he also said that he had been "worrying about everyone elses job" in regards to those negotiations. It just seems to me that for Tom Brady to be as emotionally drained and distracted as he states that he was last week, then he would have to be doing more than just reading wire reports and because he was so close to branch, i'm sure that he was one of the teamates that branch said in his news conference that he had been talking to during the whole process.

Isaac said:
I'm surprised that it affected Brady so much, to the point that his play was affected. I guess he is quite human after all. This changes my opinion on why BB pulled the trigger now, maybe he did realize that this really would be a distraction to the team if it lingered.

I'm not. In the last year he's seen the two WRs he grew up with (so to speak) in the NFL leave the team. They have been replaced with a career dissapointment in Caldwell, an X-factor in Gabriel, a guy who can't get on the field in Jackson and a revlovling door between Bam Childress and Jonathan Smith. God love Troy but the word's "getting seperation" won't be used in conjunction with his play on the field again.

ChockBlkr said:
Looking at the situation as a whole last week, where it was rumored that the negotiations between deion and the patriots were in some way focusing on him not relying as much on his agents advice and that he was personally communicating with BB and his teamates, and reading Brady's statements from today: "some things aren't always in management's controll" ; "its two sides" ; "there is a lot of give and take" ; "what I learned last week is that this stuff is really out of my control" ; "I know where the club stands" he also said that he had been "worrying about everyone elses job" in regards to those negotiations. It just seems to me that for Tom Brady to be as emotionally drained and distracted as he states that he was last week, then he would have to be doing more than just reading wire reports and because he was so close to branch, i'm sure that he was one of the teamates that branch said in his news conference that he had been talking to during the whole process.

Ah, makes more sense now. I thought you were implying he was at the table during talks. I get it now, and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News