PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's response through Don Yee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the NFL minds that they've got the fans of the other 31 on their toes to see the big bad patriots get heavily punished. I think Goodell would mind more if people, espn, etc were talking about how incompetent he is and how poorly he runs the league

So you are saying that Godell has conspired to make Brady (by extension, the Pats) look bad in order to protect his reputation?

12.5 to 13.5 is a strict and rigid staunch league referendum that should always be obeyed.

If this was such a strict league policy why is there a range?

If it's so important why Is this the first time any ball has ever been tested?

If I had Bob Kraft's or Brady's ear I would advise them to keep it simple. Next time you have a press conference make sure marketing places a poster to the side or in the background with the following visible and clearly written, "Secondhand smoke does not cause cancer." Then, when asked what that means or what's up with the poster, just say "Oh that..the firm that came to that conclusion is the same firm used in the Wells Report.

So you are saying that Godell has conspired to make Brady (by extension, the Pats) look bad in order to protect his reputation?
Idk man, just what I think sounds like a possible explanation to his more-probable-than-not unfairness to the pats/Brady in this situation. I do think that it doesn't sound so crazy that Goodell thinks someone will come under fire for this whole situation, and if it's the pats, then it isn't him. Who knows..

Yes. This is exactly it. Handled horribly by the NFL.

A bunch of clowns.

Also, even though the findings of the Wells report find cause for penalty, it doesn't ensure that a penalty will be levied. Perhaps the league will agree with those who find fault in the report .... enough to not sanction any penalty yet leave doubt in the minds of many that the Pats cheated.

I've considered that possibility too, but I think you would agree that would all depend on which way the winds of public opinion blow with Goodell.

And I can't stop thinking about that statement from Goodell along the lines of "if you're questioning the integrity of Wells, you are really questioning the integrity of the FBI". What a joke, total false line of reasoning he's asking people to make, but he still said it (by that same logic we can of course say that Wells has questioned the integrity of the University of Michigan).

I've considered that possibility too, but I think you would agree that would all depend on which way the winds of public opinion blow with Goodell.

And I can't stop thinking about that statement from Goodell along the lines of "if you're questioning the integrity of Wells, you are really questioning the integrity of the FBI". What a joke, total false line of reasoning he's asking people to make, but he still said it (by that same logic we can of course say that Wells has questioned the integrity of the University of Michigan).
Yeah really! And if you question the integrity of Roger Goodell then you're also questioning the integrity of the New York Jets!

The NCAA was sued by a Pennsylvania law maker about the integrity of the Louis Free Penn State report, and the NCAA caved because the report contained so many factual inconsistencies (and no Im not reopening thee whole PSU thing, but the NCAA had to admit basic errors that Freeh made). Freeh was the ex-head of the FBI.

The NCAA was sued by a Pennsylvania law maker about the integrity of the Louis Free Penn State report, and the NCAA caved because the report contained so many factual inconsistencies (and no Im not reopening thee whole PSU thing, but the NCAA had to admit basic errors that Freeh made). Freeh was the ex-head of the FBI.

Thank you for that!

I think Kraft's statement sets up potential penalties in that he already knows what the are and it isnt worth fighting them. But thats unfortunate. On the other hand he has 31 other owners that have an opinion that he has to consider.

As far as Yee, of course he is going to defend his meal ticket, but I do belive him but all anyone other than us will see if a an agent defending his meal ticket, probably worse than a lawyer (sorry to the Lawyers out there). But if he really has all he says he does he should release it to the public and make a stand before the hammer comes down.

IF he doesn't then he is as bad as the NFL.
Well Yee IS a lawyer as well as an agent, and a highly respected one at that. This isn't just any run of the mill agent or a Jay-Z-type of "agent-on-the-side" spouting off at the mouth. It's highly likely that the reason he HASN'T released his notes is in case he DOES have to file a lawsuit on behalf of his client.

It's also possible (although I don't know how likely) that while he is calling out Well's credibility publicly, he's also giving him a chance (in a backwards, roundabout kind of way) for Wells to release those details of Brady's answers to provide that context. Hence the, "I have verbatim notes, and I don't know why they weren't included because they should have been" (paraphrased) statement.

Also keep in mind that we don't really know what confidentiality restrictions are placed on Yee by Wells, the league or Brady himself. Yee can only release that information if Brady says it is o.k. to, and if it doesn't violate some sort of confidentiality agreement that may (or may not) exist. At any rate, let's not demonize the only person (so far) that is involved in this situation that has really gone to bat publicly for Tom and will have his best interests in mind no matter what. Especially when we don't know what he has been authorized by Tom himself to release. If Yee has the notes, most likely Brady has at the very least seen a copy as well so it's hard to slam Yee for not releasing the notes when TB hasn't either.

Well Yee IS a lawyer as well as an agent, and a highly respected one at that. This isn't just any run of the mill agent or a Jay-Z-type of "agent-on-the-side" spouting off at the mouth. It's highly likely that the reason he HASN'T released his notes is in case he DOES have to file a lawsuit on behalf of his client.

It's also possible (although I don't know how likely) that while he is calling out Well's credibility publicly, he's also giving him a chance (in a backwards, roundabout kind of way) for Wells to release those details of Brady's answers to provide that context. Hence the, "I have verbatim notes, and I don't know why they weren't included because they should have been" (paraphrased) statement.

Also keep in mind that we don't really know what confidentiality restrictions are placed on Yee by Wells, the league or Brady himself. Yee can only release that information if Brady says it is o.k. to, and if it doesn't violate some sort of confidentiality agreement that may (or may not) exist. At any rate, let's not demonize the only person (so far) that is involved in this situation that has really gone to bat publicly for Tom and will have his best interests in mind no matter what. Especially when we don't know what he has been authorized by Tom himself to release. If Yee has the notes, most likely Brady has at the very least seen a copy as well so it's hard to slam Yee for not releasing the notes when TB hasn't either.
It's also possible Yee is giving Wells the chance to release the notes, then shame him when he refuses to do so.

I am so mad at all this, we all know that Tommy has been cheating all these years ( I remember listening to the game when I was at the stadium and I could hear the coaches telling him where to throw the ball that was so awesome) anyhow it just makes me sooooo mad that they are going to stop the cheating now, I mean how else are we going to win superbowls this is so bad i am so upset maybe I will not be a pats fan anymore because they won't be winners anymore, it's too hard to win when you can't cheat!!!!
Lamest. Troll. Attempt. Ever.

I am so mad at all this, we all know that Tommy has been cheating all these years ( I remember listening to the game when I was at the stadium and I could hear the coaches telling him where to throw the ball that was so awesome) anyhow it just makes me sooooo mad that they are going to stop the cheating now, I mean how else are we going to win superbowls this is so bad i am so upset maybe I will not be a pats fan anymore because they won't be winners anymore, it's too hard to win when you can't cheat!!!!
Try again please, put a little effort in next time.

Yeah, at least i do. ive posted this a number of times in the last couple of months. goodell can look tough, decisive, and in control by coming down hard on the pats. he can redeem his poor, inept handling of the ray rice and a peterson debacles. I'm not saying he personally was behind setting up the pats, instead the situation feel into his lap, and he can use it to his advantage. Just look at the timing of the release of the report, a week after the draft. Releasing it now it gets the undivided attention of the media

Lamest. Troll. Attempt. Ever.
either hes a troll or he lied and said he was at least 13 to post here. sounds like he nine or ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results