PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning (merged) Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: In What Ways is Peyton Manning a Better QB than Brady: The Ultimate Homer Test

Fair question.

Peyton throws better on the run. Not that he is good on the run....but Tom is one of the worst passers I've seen when he scrambles out of the pocket. This includes throwing off the back foot, or throwing off the "back pedal." Manning is surprisingly accurate; most QBs are not.

Peyton has a quicker release on the ball. Tom's is pretty quick, but no one matches Peyton there.

On the 10-15 yard route, especially a sideline pattern, Manning is probably the most accurate quarterback I have seen. He puts the ball in pinpoint location about 95% of the time. Brady is good also, but Manning is phenomenal.

That's all I can think of right now.

Re: In What Ways is Peyton Manning a Better QB than Brady: The Ultimate Homer Test

I think Manning throws better on the move, sets his feet and throws the ball better and has a better deep ball.

Brady moves around better while in the pocket and seems to have more intangibles in terms of leadership and confidence.

Peyton is better at throwing the ball up for grabs praying for a PI call.

Manning is funnier.

He's also better at having a big forehead.

re: Brady vs Manning (merged) Comparison Thread

And I as well... 2661-2661

Manning has better commercials and was better on SNL.

Manning is unrivalled at delivering "Manning-face".

And throwing his offensive line under the bus. :D

Last edited:

Manning has nothing on Brady. He is one of the best QBs ever but he is not in the big leagues as far as clutch performers are concerned.

Also I find it interesting that Dome players seem to have big yardage.

Look at the huge jump in yardage that Drew Brees has had since he went to New Orleans.
Brett Favre is having his best season for some time and he is playing home games in a dome for the first time.
And only two rookie QBs have thrown for over 3,000 yards and they are Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.

It's a tough one. I'm not sure either one does anything significantly better than the other.

Manning's play fakes are better.

Manning perhaps takes better advantage when he gets single coverage on Wayne, Clark, or Harrison in previous years. But again, that may just be a perception from rooting against them.

LOL- Tom is ahead now- keep up the good work!

Conveniently leaves out playoffs comparisons because obviously that's lopsided.

Being mentioned on EEI right now. haha.

Brady leads by a nose (51-49%)...100+ votes...

Page seems to be down now...TFB must have pulled WAY ahead! :D

EDIT: All better now...TFB 52 - 48%. :cool:

Last edited:

Intentional misunderstanding of the question?

Nope, temporary ADD.

Peyton is better at making me want to change the TV channel.

The Patreeauts TB is starting to pull away...52-48%...200+ vote lead!

Keep them votes coming!

Re: Brady vs Manning (merged) Comparison Thread

Peyton has an incredible knack for throwing to a spot and knowing the receiver will be right at that spot in about 4 seconds. I guarantee it will happen 4 or 5 times this week, Peyton will fade back, take a look around, and then loft an arching ball about 25 or 30 yards, and there will be his receiver, wide open with no Patriot players in view.

When Tom throws a long pass, there is generally one to three defenders fairly close to the action and sometimes so close that it's hard for the receiver to retain the ball.

Part of it is something about the Pats secondary that they allow this to happen. It's getting better with the Brandons but with our secondary, even Kyle Orton looked like Peyton (he would throw a long pass and there would be his receiver sitting there wide open). Ever since that loss in the playoffs to the Colts, this has been a recurring theme.

Given all that, I would take Tom cool over Peyton.

Re: Brady vs Manning (merged) Comparison Thread

53-47 Tom- the gap keeps widening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye