PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning (merged) Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: In What Ways is Peyton Manning a Better QB than Brady: The Ultimate Homer Test

He's done that before. He did it twice against the Dolphins in 2007. My guess is that he was expecting Randy to make more of an effort in jumping up and getting it being that Moss was one on one, but clearly was not able to gain separation from Davis.

Moss had a step on Davis and leverage to the inside. If Brady had thrown the pass toward the post instead of the outside, it was a TD. Brady threw the pass over the wrong shoulder.

Last edited:
I'll let my signature speak for me.

Bumped.

Tommy's lead is shrinking. Let's go!

i guess ill just post this in here...

the colts have added a new dimension to their offense this year, primarily the pass to the rb just in front on the LOS....

its interesting b/c 1. its what i wasnt the pats to start doing w/ maroney and 2. b/c no one seems to adjust to it, they just drop back EVERYONE, which leaves him open

hopefully we can put someone like a quick guyton on him and eliminate that

After my vote it's 4,791 votes for Manning, and 4,790 votes for Tom.

Last edited:
Do we really care who wins a poll on an Indy paper's website? The deck is pretty much stacked against Brady in that poll anyway.

The way you Pats fans have been spamming the poll since the 2nd night, and the fact this remains one of the top Threads on this site....

I would say yes, you do care

Last edited:
After all is said and done these two are going to be linked forever in NFL history - but I do find it amazing that they are so close half way through the season.

Manning 313 ATT 221 COMP 2545 Yds 16 TD 5 INT 105.2 Rating
Brady 310 ATT 204 COMP 2364 Yds 16 TD 5 INT 99.2 Rating

Colts opposition record is 26-39
Patriots opposition record is 27-37

Colts have lost Gonzalez on the O
Patriots have lost Edelman and never had Galloway

Colts have lost Sanders, Hagler, Jackson and Hayden from last years D
Patritos have lost Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison from last years D (all season)

Yet Peyton is odds on favorite for MVP for the 4th time. Last year he got it for coming back from knee surgery - yet knee surgery and a missed season doesnt even get TFB mentioned (King finally got him in 5th place this week).

Indy Star has become a matter of honor and pride to Colts fans - let it rest!

I find it hilarious that Pats fans feel the need to vote 30 times per person in order to win a poll on Indystar.com :D

inferior much?

I just voted and it's 50/50 between both of them right now.

The way you Pats fans have been spamming the poll since the 2nd night, and the fact this remains one of the top Threads on this site....

I would say yes, you do care

What's equally funny is that you care so much that we care. Enough to lurk the forum and make a post here. Keep up the bad work.

Yet Peyton is odds on favorite for MVP for the 4th time. Last year he got it for coming back from knee surgery - yet knee surgery and a missed season doesnt even get TFB mentioned (King finally got him in 5th place this week).

Yeah, it's funny that. I've been mailing Peter King for the past few weeks about it. Just gently reminding him what Brady is doing compared to what Manning was doing at the same point last year.

What's equally funny is that you care so much that we care. Enough to lurk the forum and make a post here. Keep up the bad work.

I know, me making a comment on a Colts related thread on the week the Colts and Patriots play just shows much I care right:rolleyes:

Now Patriot fans spamming a poll that was 80-20 Manning before it was linked on this site and Patriots Planet, and voting over and over again just to spite us Colts fan in some type of conceivable way, now thats true appreciation

I know, me making a comment on a Colts related thread on the week the Colts and Patriots play just shows much I care right:rolleyes:

Now Patriot fans spamming a poll that was 80-20 Manning before it was linked on this site and Patriots Planet, and voting over and over again just to spite us Colts fan in some type of conceivable way, now thats true appreciation

If you don't care, then why do you come here (without a single thought on the upcoming game, I might add. That at least gives you an excuse.) and why do you stay here? If you didn't care so much, you would leave. I thought that much would be obvious.

If you don't care, then why do you come here (without a single thought on the upcoming game, I might add. That at least gives you an excuse.) and why do you stay here? If you didn't care so much, you would leave. I thought that much would be obvious.

Why would I have to leave? And Why would I post a thought on the upcoming game on a thread that clearly has nothing to do with the next game?

Infact the real question is why would you even respond to my post??

One of your fellow Pats Fans asked "Do we really care about a poll on Indy star"

I replied Obviously, because of the dedication and hard work you all have been putting in to inflate Brady's total and the popular topic that has been created to do so

So now I ask...Why do you care that I pointed out the obvious? Unless you disagree with what I said, in which case you should try to disprove my claims that you Patriot fans care so much that you have spent all of this time trying to make Brady a winner on a poll on the Indianapolis official newspaper website....

Last edited:
Why would I have to leave? And Why would I post a thought on the upcoming game on a thread that clearly has nothing to do with the next game?

One of your fellow Pats Fans asked "Do we really care about a poll on Indy star"

I replied Obviously, because of the dedication and hard work you all have been putting in to inflate Brady's total and the popular topic that has been created to do so

So now I ask...Why do you care that I pointed out the obvious? Unless you disagree with what I said, in which case you should try to disprove my claims that you Patriot fans care so much that you have spent all of this time trying to make Brady a winner on a poll on the Indianapolis official newspaper website....

Please don't lump us all in with the dullards that think it necessary to go to an indy poll and boost Brady's total votes. I would believe that many of us do not care one whit about the poll.

In fact, I was kinda annoyed that the thread about the poll and the comparison of the two QB thread was merged.

I do not believe they are related much at all. A fanboi thread about voting for Brady should have died its slow death.

I was very interested in seeing people opinions about the two QBs and how they compared regarding specific elements of their game.

Things like deep ball, leadership, timing patterns, throwing on the run, moving in the pocket, scrambling, audibles, variation of snap count, QB sneaks, etc could have all been discussed in the other thread that was merged with this piece of crap.

I personally do not care about the poll. I voted for Brady once and have spent the rest of the thread pointing out similarities and differences in Brady's and Manning's games.

Secondly, you were very clearly *****ing that so many other Pats fans have been lighting up that poll. You came in here to complain that we're also participating in that poll. I just said that I found it hilarious that you cared that we cared.

Also, the fact that you just wrote five paragraphs to make it look like you don't care is even more hilarious and just shows that you do. But whatever. It is what it is. Are you going to participate in any of the discussion about Brady vs. Manning or Colts vs. Patriots, or are you just going to cry about Pats fans voting in the poll the entire time?

Still bumping.

Peyton's pulling away now, as you'd expect in an Indy paper. Tommy's done a lot better than anyone could have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back