PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Ben?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these Quarterbacks is going into the Hall of Fame. Can you guess which one?

I can!!!! I can!! Pick me!

Last edited:
Wow!? I'm speechless. I knew Steelers fans were passionate, I didn't know they were dillusional.:confused:

Last edited:
I work with a few Steeler fans and they really believe Ben is better than Brady! Hey, I really like Roethlisberger, I do, but even he knows he is not in Brady's league!!!!

Last edited:
I'm not even a Ben-hater, but what has he possibly done to even justify this discussion?

I like how a lot of them say "it's not even that close." Apparently Steelers die hards don't like football.

I work with a few Steeler fans and they really believe Ben is better than Brady! Hey, I really like Roethlisberger, I do, but even he knows he is not in Brady's league!!!!
See ,where you are wrong is they dont actually believe that. They say it sure but do they believe it...no. Some people say OJ is innocent but in their hearts do they believe it....once again no.

Where is TommyMaddoxMVP to weigh in with an opinion when you need him?

Steelers fans are delusional. They thought Kordell Stewart was an elite QB. They thought Maddox was going to the Hall of Fame. Ben is a better QB than either of those losers, but he's not in Brady's league. Not by a long shot.

What has he done?

Well, he is the youngest QB to win a Superbowl. He made a classic trip tackle against the Colts in that playoff run that is etched in the minds of all Steelers fans. He is tough and can move well in the pocket and can throw on the run. He has a good arm. He also wins alot of his games and has a pretty impressive winning %. So he basically does what you want you QB to do and what all QB's should be judged on...Championships and Wins - Ben has both.

He is a good QB. 'Good' - he is not great. Could he be? Sure, but to put him on the same level as Tom Brady at this point is just ridiculous. Tom Brady's first 6 years in the NFL are unparrelled. No QB - No Player in any position, has had the career that Brady has had in his first 6 years. Only Tom Brady was a bonafide HOFer by the age of 28! That has never happened before. Tom has championships, the best winning % in the regular season and best winning % in the playoffs of any QB in history. Steeler fans desperately want Ben to be on par with Brady, but it's not close. When it is close then talk, but for now - shutty!!!!

I have now seen everything. Are you f-ing kidding me? Are you sure you don't want to compare Brady to Montana or Marino? Big f-ing Ben.... unbeleivable!

They also dismiss all of the intangibles that come with Brady. The drive, preparation and clutch performances that Brady brings to the table. Ben's postseason numbers, even when he won the SB were subpar (10 QB rating in the SB lol). Even if you say that all of the physical and mental skills are on the same level, which you can't, Brady trailing with 2 minutes left on the clock is the only player I've ever seen who you'd say is PROBABLY going to win.

At this moment, I only see 2 Einsteins in that thread who pick Meatheadberger over Brady. The rest of them are actually, pretty sane.

I'm disappointed- - - I was looking for more entertainment value.

Let me first say that Brady is the better of the two at this point... no question about it. I'm a little surprised to see the disrespect that Ben receives. Make no mistake, Ben's career numbers are impressive...

most wins ever by a rookie
most consectutive wins by a rookie
youngest to ever win a superbowl
first QB to start a career with two trips to the championship game
.741 career winning percentage, Brady is at what? .748 or something
5-1 playoff record (only loss was to you guys as a rookie, 4 years ago)
career passer rating of 92.something

He's done all that, and more, and he's only 25 years old.

All that being said, he's not done what Tom Brady has, but I hear people claiming Tony Romo is better, and that's just not true. When Romo wins something then we can talk, but comparing Romo to Ben is like comparing Ben to Brady... he's good, but not as good.

Brady vs. Ben

Arm Strength - Push
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Ben
Body Strength - Ben
Reads/Progression - Brady

They're pretty even in the most important physical qualities, but Ben doesn't have the impressive come from behind resume that Brady has, nor the two other rings. They're both winners, no question about it... Brady has played longer so naturally he has more accolades. Who knows how many rings either of these guys will end up with when it's all said and done.

I see these two QB's tearing up the league for a long time. I'm glad I have Ben, you're glad you have Brady.

Arm Strength - Push
Accuracy - Brady
Precision - Brady
Mobility - Ben
Pocket awareness/elusiveness - push
Body Strength - Push
Experience - Brady
Intangibles - Brady
Leadership - Brady
Preparation - Brady
Resiliency - Brady (never missed a start)

Rookie stats are a little misleading. They're nice and all but anyone can have a good/great year. I hate making baseball comparisons but look at Eric Hinske of the Red Sox. He was rookie of the year a few years back now he's a borderline major leaguer.

Ben's a good QB but still doesn't have the resume that Brady does. In a few more years, maybe but right now your top three QB's in the League are Brady, Manning and Farvre/Romo.

Let me first say that Brady is the better of the two at this point... no question about it. I'm a little surprised to see the disrespect that Ben receives. Make no mistake, Ben's career numbers are impressive...

All that being said, he's not done what Tom Brady has, but I hear people claiming Tony Romo is better, and that's just not true. When Romo wins something then we can talk, but comparing Romo to Ben is like comparing Ben to Brady... he's good, but not as good.

Brady vs. Ben

Arm Strength - Push
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Ben
Body Strength - Ben

They're pretty even in the most important physical qualities, but Ben doesn't have the impressive come from behind resume that Brady has, nor the two other rings. They're both winners, no question about it... Brady has played longer so naturally he has more accolades. Who knows how many rings either of these guys will end up with when it's all said and done.

I see these two QB's tearing up the league for a long time. I'm glad I have Ben, you're glad you have Brady.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, although this may come off that way, but Ben is on my list of most overrated quarterbacks and will be until he starts winning games where he's required to make more than 30 throws. I just can't call him a top quarterback until he can do that. I'm not claiming he's a stiff, I simply can't put him at the top until he steps up in this department.

Brady vs. Ben

Arm Strength - Push
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Ben
Body Strength - Ben

Well we can do this same comparison on some other QBs as well, lets pick a few from the Raiders for instance
Brady vs Culpepper
Arm Strength - Dante
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Dante
Body Strength - Dante

Brady vs Russell
Arm Strength - Russell
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Russell
Body Strength - Russell

Those are just two examples, but my point is that's not the best logic to use in comparing QBs. I think Ben is a good to very good QB, who should continue to get better. However, he was also the #11 pick overall, and should be doing what he's doing. If he wasn't doing what he's doing, he'd be a disappointment (you could obviously argue that a Superbowl win is more than expected in his first few years). It is ridiculous tho to compare a QB who's talked about as the greatest of all time, or at least top 5, to one who's a good QB in today's league.

Brady vs. Ben

Arm Strength - Push
Accuracy - Brady
Mobility - Ben
Body Strength - Ben

Ok. But wouldn't you rather have Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft