PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady v. NFL Court Hearing Thread (8/31) - Live Update and Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "gut feeling" a new search engine?
100727-AskJeevesButler-hmed-118a.grid-6x2.jpg

uh oh....greeny might be suspended for saying something pro patriots.
have you seen bruschi lately???
Bru, Reiss, and Schefter need to find a new network then we'd have no reason to ever listen or read anything ESPN (except for games) ever again.

We can only hope so....it seemed like the NFL liked the controversy for the longest time but I guess now that their the ones looking bad they might want to end it.

Just maybe the NFL will stop this farce, and it will be the one little thing Kraft got in return for his surrender.

More likely, however, is that Goodell will appeal, so that he can continue to say the major court cases ruling against him haven't actually been resolved yet.

FWIW, the paper in question was claiming that Giselle was PO'd that Brady allegedly for months has been spending very little time with the family and has been in a really bad mood most of the time.

So the tabloids jump to the conclusion that they are heading to a divorce?

Have these people ever been married? I had job once when for 6 months I was flying to Asia every other week. Needless to say for 6 months it was hell and I was cranky due to a screwed up sleeping pattern.

Needless to say staying home w/ two little kids with little help was not ideal for Mrs Robertweathers.

I gotta think Gisele is mature and down to earth enough to get this.

Marriage is not perfect. Sometimes the sun shines. Sometimes you have squalls.

Welcome to real life. Idiots.

Last edited:
ESPN is playing a dangerous game now that their guys are criticizing the NFL. Going to be a bad MNF schedule next year. Unless they can get Goody Goodell out of office.

Not to worry, ESPN countered Greenie's comments with an in depth article by Lester Munson where he stated when NFL's attorney, Daniel Nash, said "Thank You" to the judge during the four minute hearing today, he did so in a way that was a well crafted document that is impervious to an appeal by Jeffrey Pash and the Brady side. He thinks the NFL will win on that "Thank you" alone.

Not to worry, ESPN countered Greenie's comments with an in depth article by Lester Munson where he stated when NFL's attorney, Daniel Nash, said "Thank You" to the judge during the four minute hearing today, he did so in a way that was a well crafted document that is impervious to an appeal by Jeffrey Pash and the Brady side. He thinks the NFL will win on that "Thank you" alone.

Again, we must stop with the Munson jokes. I almost googled "Munson thank you" just now.

Some Comments on the Comments, and some general comments. ;)

1. I finally got the why on the reason Mara was called in by page 6. Thanks to those who informed me.

2. Volin's comment that he thinks Brady will win, and Curran's comment that he thinks it's 50-50 only goes to show the full mendacity of these media pukes. Volin, who has carried the league's water for 7 months, wants us to believe that he finally sees the light.....with a an appeals qualifier. While Curran who has tried to see reason in several article, STILL hasn't got the balls to pick a side, and hedges his bets in a typically cynical mediot maneuver. Shame on both of them.

3. I find the Jay Feeley appearance to be a both interesting and deviously subtle by Kessler. Feeley was unable to testify, but by his mere appearance, the media picked up on it. They rapidly tried to figure out why he was there, and quickly got to the Jets equipment tampering saga, which fortifies the impression that Goodell impossed an unfair punishment and further shows how his rulings are capricious and arbitrarily applied.

4. I loved the line by the surprisingly erudite Matt Chatham, that (and I paraphrase) "The hearing lasted about the same time most mediots studied the Welles report."

5. It was interesting that the Judge commented that he felt in today's hearing "both sides tried hard". It would seem clear that both sides offered SOMETHING to each other. I wonder what each side was offering. Love to have been a fly on the "cloakroom" wall.

6. I agree that Berman has made his decision and given the bare bones of it to one of his clerks to flesh out. The "day or two" that is mentioned is the time it will take for him to go over what the clerk has written and make his comments and edits. IMHO, We'll hear sometime tomorrow.

7. This day was very Shakespearean. Unfortunately it was more about "Much ado about nothing", than anything climactic, like the death scene of Romeo and Juliet.

8. It's always a good day when you get to use the word erudite in a sentence and better yet when you spell it correctly. :D

I dont think you can expect everyone to feel how pats fans feels especially whn they have not invested so much time in reading every column and report and digging every info. Given that whatever he may assume as his opinion, his take on the NFL handling is more than fair than most media guys including in his own network.
Yes, I give him and another guy I usually consider a Pats hater, Gary Myers of the NY Daily News, serious points for calling the NFL out on its behavior. Myers started weeks ago and risked antagonizing his readership in New York by doing so.

Greeny is an avowed hard core (and frustrated) Jets fan. This is actually quite fair.

This part is more typical of the nonsense I expect from a Jets fan;

Reasonableness is my explanation for why I'm rooting for Tom Brady's suspension to be overturned by this judge in New York. Not because I think Brady is fully innocent. My sense is - as Ted Wells said - something probably happened and Brady may have been aware of it. I also think he could have been more cooperative in the investigation and, just generally, could have handled all this better from the beginning.

Sorry, but I see nothing fair about that.

Honestly though, he's probably not wrong....don't really see the issue with it. Aside from the fact that people are still posting Volin garbage on here.

I said that from a fans prospective. Doesn't mean I hate the guy as a human being but his tweets are unreliable. Seems as he is trying to be the first to post instead being accurate. I am not even convinced he has a reliable source especially regarding legal or science issues.

2. Volin's comment that he thinks Brady will win, and Curran's comment that he thinks it's 50-50 only goes to show the full mendacity of these media pukes. Volin, who has carried the league's water for 7 months, wants us to believe that he finally sees the light.....with a an appeals qualifier. While Curran who has tried to see reason in several article, STILL hasn't got the balls to pick a side, and hedges his bets in a typically cynical mediot maneuver. Shame on both of them.

Curran's reporting on what he sees during the courtroom proceedings, not what he thinks should happen. It's clear he can differentiate between the two. I don't know why this is cynical.

Don't be such an idiot. Think it is fun having to fight a court battle? It is not and takes a toll on your personal life, marriage, kids, family etc...

It's like the time I suggested to a buddy that I wanted to build my own house. He said "do you want to stay married?" Some things take a toll on a good marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST