PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady v. NFL Court Hearing Thread (8/31) - Live Update and Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the time I suggested to a buddy that I wanted to build my own house. He said "do you want to stay married?" Some things take a toll on a good marriage.
I'm not saying it's impossible Brady could get a bump in his marriage but, we're talking about a tabloid report here. Doubt Brady and Giselle is running to the media to talk about their marriage. Hell they are so tired of them they they fired bullet(allegedly) at them at their wedding :D.

Parsh is available. It was never required for the ruling to be independent so it's s'all good man.

Saul Goodman of Better Call Saul came from that same phrase.

Umm you need to reread what I wrote, there was the big qualifying word if

The "if" appeared to be qualifying the first half of your statement, not the second. Since there is no reason to believe Berman told Brady he will lose, why create a fantasy scenario just to worry about it?

Saul Goodman of Better Call Saul came from that same phrase.
Lol that's what I was going for. The real crime we should be talking about is that the second season hasn't started yet.

Curran's reporting on what he sees during the courtroom proceedings, not what he thinks should happen. It's clear he can differentiate between the two. I don't know why this is cynical.
Yeah, really ridiculous criticism honestly. He's been poking holes in the league since January; he's just pointing out the honest truth that Berman could defer to the Holy Commish. Curran can't bend reality by writing otherwise.

The "if" appeared to be qualifying the first half of your statement, not the second. Since there is no reason to believe Berman told Brady he will lose, why create a fantasy scenario just to worry about it?
The only way Berman could have told Brady he would lose is if he already told the parties how he was going to rule. Therefore, the second portion is based on the speculation in the first...

Lol that's what I was going for. The real crime we should be talking about is that the second season hasn't started yet.

I keep waiting too.

So, as a side effect of no settlement, does that mean we also avoid the confidentiality agreement that usually is attached to a settlement or does the CBA have language that will prevent public discussion anyway? Just curious if we'll ever get the full story from all sides or if it will continue to come from "leaks."

The only way Berman could have told Brady he would lose is if he already told the parties how he was going to rule. Therefore, the second portion is based on the speculation in the first...

But it is still needless speculation nary of fact that serves only to create something to worry about.

If Berman told Brady he is going to lose, obviously no settlement means Brady will lose. But what is the point of worrying about it? And if he already told Tom he was going to lose, why not just rule now? The actual events that have occurred indicate no conversation actually happened, so what point is there in fabricating it?

But it is still needless speculation nary of fact that serves only to create something to worry about.

If Berman told Brady he is going to lose, obviously no settlement means Brady will lose. But what is the point of worrying about it? And if he already told Tom he was going to lose, why not just rule now? The actual events that have occurred indicate no conversation actually happened, so what point is there in fabricating it?
I was stating my one fear. I'm a lawyer and the Judge most likely has already written most of the decision. It just needs to be ironed out.

I am just speculating like everyone else has speculated since this whole mess began. I was not saying whether that was what happened or not, just it was my one fear. Why is it such a big deal to you?

Can anyone please let me know what Mort is reporting. I need to know what is 100% untrue.
I believe he was reporting on a contract signed by a player somewhere earlier today, then PFT came in 5 minutes later and corrected him because he got it wrong as usual (no, I'm not joking)

https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/638352172434919427

Stradley's thoughts on Mara's appearance -- maybe Goodell said "I can't go further in the settlement because the owners won't let me", and Berman said "Fine, then let's get somebody here who does have authority to make a deal".

If accurate, its a good move by Goody.

On the other hand he really marginalizes himself here by bringing in owners. This why they pay him.

They didn't say anything about the Patriots tho....:rolleyes:
LOL. Kraft fines him 50k for not talking to reporters and BB holds him out the 1st quarter of Opening Night for missing practices b/c he was in court...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST