PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Brown to beat Miami in OT

I asked my wife to record this game since I had a busy day studying in college. When I got home later that night she said she got it recorded for me and she put on her best poker face so as to not give any hints of what happened. I lost my mind seeing this play because the Patriots had almost never won with exciting long bomb passes like this before. My wife was relieved to finally be able to celebrate with me. What a great memory :)

I remember the Pats almost lost on the first possession of OT (missed FG by Mare) because Gerry Austin ****ed up the coin toss and misread the coin when it landed.

Remember this game - it caused me to go out and purchase a Troy Brown jersey at foot locker.

Still have said jersey!

I was at my bro in-laws.

At the time my nephew and daughter were ~1.5 y/o

Could barely watch the game but did on that play.

That was a great win finally getting one in Miami.

We were at my wife's cousins (who's now a college freshman! getting old!) baptism after party. the party was at a function hall that had a bar in a separate room. they had the game on so all the guys kept peeking at the game. once it went to OT we were all like, "ok, we were good during the game, didn't stay in bar just drinking and watching football. we were out hanging with family, etc"....but all bets were off for OT....what an unbelievable game plus **** Enberg is a bonus

Never gets old. Still one of my top 5 favorite moments of the BB/Brady era.

Brady can’t throw deep they said. Or something.

Love seeing BB’s reaction with the headset at 1:45!

Brady to Brown was so great in 2001.

Reactions: sb1
I was AT that game...afterwards, I stopped into Don Shula's Steakhouse in Miami Lakes and left a nice dookie on the tile floor of the commode...because....**** Don Shula in the azz until the sun burns out

That game is forever etched in my memory, at a friend's house who has a life size cardboard cut out of Dan Marino, and we used to have fun busting each other up.. if he came to our house we would have "Dolphin Stew" and all kinds of nonsense.
He and I have a great rivalry and lot of fun doing it.
When #12 hit Troy on that pass got on my knees an banged the floor shouting, we're going to the f..ing super bowl.
He looked at me sheepishly..

I was at a sports bar surrounded by a bunch of annoying Fish fans, one of whom wanted to fight me. I would've demolished this clown and luckily for him,some of his friends held him back.
I can't describe the pure ecstasy of Troy hauling in that pass for the win.
One of my alltime favorite regular season games.

Game manager...LOL

I was at this game and man was it HOT! Great trip.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back