PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the "system quarterback"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who claims TFB is a system QB should explain:

- exactly what system he runs

- exactly how the system works

- why isn't every other team replicating that system with mediocre QBs and winning multiple Superbowls?

Well, some of the Brady haters point at talent like Moss, Welker, Edelman, Gronk et al.

A small fraction of them even know enough to include Troy Brown.

If there is a system that can make a qb lead his team back from a 4th quarter 10 point difference in the super bowl against an all time defense ... I think more teams would be using it.

Seriously in all this Butler pick talk that 4th quarter performance gets not nearly enough attention. That was Game. Set. GOAT.

If Brady would have played last night this would have been a blowout.

Well, some of the Brady haters point at talent like Moss, Welker, Edelman, Gronk et al.

A small fraction of them even know enough to include Troy Brown.

Moss was a HoF talent but TFB had him at the tail end of his prime, by the 09 season Moss was a shadow of his former self.

Welker only lit it up when he came here and Edelman couldn't even get signed as a FA anywhere else.

Gronk is a beast but we're also not talking about loaded offenses aside from him.

The consistent factor in all of these equations is TFB, he's the one who makes the best use of his receivers talents and he makes things work no matter who he has to work with. If you wanted to really look at a talented offense you'd see all the nice toys Manning has had to play with his entire career, he's a guy who NEEDS top weapons to be effective, which means he's not in TFB's league.

I always want to know who these people think isn't a system QB. Every QB operates under a system. And are they aware of the origins of the West Coast offense? Do they consider it a system? Do they consider Montana a system QB too?

That Brady has some super secret system and no other coach/QB ever thought of doing it is such a bizarre way of looking at things. It's just people wanting an excuse for why their team sucks.

I never understood this logic, if Brady is a system Qb then who isn't one?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Yup...Brady is a system QB...and guess what?...I am a system loving Pats fan. ES&FD if it bothers you little girls trapped in boys bodies out there.

Stop it, please. There is no contempt for TB12 in this part of the country. Outside New England, I think the NFL is far too concerned that Jimmy G. could be the next TB12 to pull chains. It's a RARE successful quarterback that ISN'T a system quarterback. Football is all about system.

Funny how fans who don't know any better still use this label on Brady.

I think 90% of it is just anti-Brady stuff from haters or just to yank Patriot fans chains but it's funny how this has stuck over the years. And today we're hearing the hot takez come in using this label as somehow last night (like 2008 with Cassel) was "proof" that Brady is a system quarterback. To me last night was a testament to Belichick's all time greatness at what he does and has little to do with Brady but I digress.

I know every quarterback in a way is a system QB but let's use the term as the knock that it is. Scouts call a lot of guys system guys and I can't think of one of them who had this label who amounted to anything in the NFL. To me it's a label you get in college - that you are only good in that particular offensive system and you would be exposed very quickly when you stepped up in weight class and outside the system. Does that sound like Tom?

Maybe they think that Tom being so good at the short to medium passing game makes him a fake QB or something. Maybe they are 15 years behind the times and still think Tom has no arm and that makes him a fake QB. Maybe you're not a real QB if you play for one coach and one team in your career. None of these are true of course.

Very bizarre.

Has Brady benefited from being in the same system for pretty much his entire NFL career, of course. Is he a system QB, hell no.

If Brady was a result of the system, wouldn't Hoyer and Mallett have been wildly successful in Houston, who run an extremely similar offense? (So similar that Keyshawn Martin was able to play in a Pats game + score a TD, just 10 days after being traded here)

Yet they still failed miserably in Houston.

Another stupid argument is how Cassel went 11-5.

CONTEXT: Brady at QB went 16-0 + 2-1 (playoffs) the year before.

That's a total difference of 7 damn wins and a playoff birth.

Cassel also went on to make a Pro Bowl with the Chiefs. So it's not like he fell apart immediately once he left.

The patriots are not that talented compared to *insert superstar highly athletic player on own team*

Most of which eerily enough are WRs - a position the Patriots don't normally overpay for. That should tell you something. Teams already use an inordinate amount of cap space on the QB. Adding in another massive chunk on a single offensive skill position dilutes the entire middle and end of the roster. The Jones and Slater special teamers. The Harmons who have very little drop off from the starter.

It's been said over and over again, but it's true - the Pats use all aspects of team building (draft, free agency, cap management, trades, high throughput of undraftededs) - including NOT overpaying every "name" on the back of the jersey. Sure, they do pay some, but not all. They let "name" guys go - a lot.

The cliche...it's a team game...but one the majority of the owners, coaches, and most of all fans - don't get.

We don't need brady we should trade him cuz he will suck without us and we will get a lot cuz we got jimmy, it's all on Beli and his magic, I don't care what he does it works and that's all I care!!! we all knew that he was going gaff the FG and we would win!!!! we the best!!!!
Seriously unfunny straw man there, Scooter.

it's all about the playoffs for brady. anybody can put up regular season stats. matt ryan? matt stafford? manning? in this pass happy era, players put up ridiculous numbers time to time. matt flynn of all people threw 6tds nearly 500 yards.

it's the playoffs that matters only. we have no idea if jimmy will be that guy in the playoffs yet. he could shine in the biggest stage or he fails miserably like forehead. we will find out in the future.

and haters will hate. brady is the GOAT. BB is the GOAT. together they are like goku with superman cape

Anyone who claims TFB is a system QB should explain:

- exactly what system he runs - just do what BB tells to do. 'it's all good if coached by BB' system

- exactly how the system works - it's the genius system. jabarkus russell would look like better big ben under BB

- why isn't every other team replicating that system with mediocre QBs and winning multiple Superbowls? - because other teams don't have BB, the genius

haters reply

Yup...Brady is a system QB...and guess what?...I am a system loving Pats fan. ES&FD if it bothers you little girls trapped in boys bodies out there.

ES&FD ??

Especially Stupid and F'ing Delusional?

Elephant **** and Fox Dingalings ?

No idea.

really Tony? I have to explain? OK....masticate feces and copulate while expiring....clearer?

OK. hahaha

Got it.

You know how they always say that BB designs the system that takes advantage of the players' strengths? Likewise, I would say that Brady plays in a way that takes advantage of the system's strengths.

Im just curious to why this system qb nonsense is never applied to Joe Montana. Steve Young led the same offense, same system, to 2-3 SB wins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST