PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady texted support to Stallworth after accident; more details from MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider Stallworth to be a "bad" person because he killed someone.

I am unable to answer your hypothetical question other than to say that if I did offer up support I would be a hypocrite of the highest order.

so if I'm driving, totally sober, and someone dives in front of my car, I'm now a bad person? After all, I did kill that person. Or are you saying having drank made Stallworth a bad person?

Just trying to figure out where you draw that line, because it seems pretty likely that you don't even know.

so if I'm driving, totally sober, and someone dives in front of my car, I'm now a bad person? After all, I did kill that person. Or are you saying having drank made Stallworth a bad person?

Just trying to figure out where you draw that line, because it seems pretty likely that you don't even know.
Sorry, I assumed the part about Stallworth being drunk, while using his vehicle as a weapon, was obvious. Apologies if it wasn't.

This thread needs to be removed to the PS

This thread needs to be removed to the PS

Yup....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/331361-brady-texted-support-stallworth-after-accident-more-details-mmqb-page2.html#post1778594

thcoffee.gif

Sorry, I assumed the part about Stallworth being drunk, while using his vehicle as a weapon, was obvious. Apologies if it wasn't.

He used his vehicle as a weapon? How so? Define "using your vehicle as a weapon" in a way that can't equally be applied to old people, tired people, people talking on their cell phones, or just plain bad drivers. Just try: you can't.

He used his vehicle as a weapon? How so? Define "using your vehicle as a weapon" in a way that can't equally be applied to old people, tired people, people talking on their cell phones, or just plain bad drivers. Just try: you can't.
My argument isn't about old, bad or tired people driving nor is it about drivers who text or talk on their phones .... it's about drivers who drink alcohol and who then load up their vehicle as they would a weapon and then go out and murder someone with it. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here!

My argument isn't about old, bad or tired people driving nor is it about drivers who text or talk on their phones .... it's about drivers who drink alcohol and who then load up their vehicle as they would a weapon and then go out and murder someone with it. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here!

I think what they are saying here is Donte did not murder someone with his car,he killed someone.

The fact that both result in a death does not matter by the law,it is the difference here between what the penalty should have been between killing and murder,murder is not always premediated but more of intent,killng by vehicle was an accident that should have been avoided but happened anyway.

I don't think Stallworth is a BAD person but I consider it more than a mistake when someone dies as a result of intoxication no matter how small of an amount he was said to have had in his system,it was a very poor error of judgement and he should have paid with a year or two in jail but in Florida it was not decided that way so we all live with that judgment and move on,it won't change anything to continue harping about a situation that has long closed in the Florida crimes book .

I still wonder how the police decided it happened the way it did when NO ONE saw ANYTHING but had to take Donte's words as believable,A witness might have made that case a different story altogether if it was not as Donte explained it but there was none and it made his case easier to decide.

I still wonder how the police decided it happened the way it did when NO ONE saw ANYTHING but had to take Donte's words as believable,A witness might have made that case a different story altogether if it was not as Donte explained it but there was none and it made his case easier to decide.
They can detect the point of impact and the final resting place of the body and verify that it matched the story. I fail to see what details could have been so substantially different as to make the case "a different story altogether".

You have seen the pdf of the accident report written up at the scene, haven't you? Still on the net, google for it. Has a crude diagram and some details.

They can detect the point of impact and the final resting place of the body and verify that it matched the story. I fail to see what details could have been so substantially different as to make the case "a different story altogether".

You have seen the pdf of the accident report written up at the scene, haven't you? Still on the net, google for it. Has a crude diagram and some details.

I'll check it out,what I wonder is how they knew the exact area that the man was standing or moving BEFORE he was hit,I think thats impossible to determine,only where he landed upon impact and that is speculation and of course not an exact science.

Well old, bad, distracted and tired drivers know that they're endangering everyone around them by getting in a car, just like drunk people do. In fact, it's been repeatedly shown that distracted and tired drivers are more dangerous than drunk drivers.

If your argument is that drunk drivers are acting irresponsibly and endangering everyone else on the road, and are therefore accountable for whatever happens, then you rationally have to apply the same exact standard to old, tired, bad, and distracted drivers. They also know that they're endangering others everytime they get on the road.

I think what they are saying here is Donte did not murder someone with his car,he killed someone.

The fact that both result in a death does not matter by the law,it is the difference here between what the penalty should have been between killing and murder,murder is not always premediated but more of intent,killng by vehicle was an accident that should have been avoided but happened anyway.

I don't think Stallworth is a BAD person but I consider it more than a mistake when someone dies as a result of intoxication no matter how small of an amount he was said to have had in his system,it was a very poor error of judgement and he should have paid with a year or two in jail but in Florida it was not decided that way so we all live with that judgment and move on,it won't change anything to continue harping about a situation that has long closed in the Florida crimes book .

Sort of: what I'm saying is that driving drunk is no more negligent or irresponsible than driving when you're too tired, distracted, or old to be driving effectively. It's the same fault in judgment, with the same result: endangering everyone else on the road. So if Donte's now a muderer, so is anyone in the above groups if they happen to get in a fatal accident.

Sort of: what I'm saying is that driving drunk is no more negligent or irresponsible than driving when you're too tired, distracted, or old to be driving effectively. It's the same fault in judgment, with the same result: endangering everyone else on the road. So if Donte's now a muderer, so is anyone in the above groups if they happen to get in a fatal accident.

You forgot Texting,fiddling with the radio which is set low on some dashes and even talking on the cellphone,especially when angry at the other person on the other side of the conversation..which to me is as deadly as drinking and driving...none of these people have respect for the dangers of the road and both are impaired in different ways.

Just like a too tired person,you can pull to the side of the road and text or take a short nap.

If a person kills someone with thier vehicle and is intoxicated it probably will end up in a worse sentence than someone who is texting and misses that pedestrian..but it should not be. - of course depends on where it happened.

If Donte did this in Virginia,Georgia or Arizona I think he would be in jail for awhile,state laws are vastly different in this country and those 3 states in particular are 3 of the states you want to avoid DUIs,especially ones that result in death of a pedestrian.

Last edited:
You forgot Texting,fiddling with the radio which is set low on some dashes and even talking on the cellphone,especially when angry at the other person on the other side of the conversation..which to me is as deadly as drinking and driving...none of these people have respect for the dangers of the road and both are impaired in different ways.

Just like a too tired person,you can pull to the side of the road and text or take a short nap.

If a person kills someone with thier vehicle and is intoxicated it probably will end up in a worse sentence than someone who is texting and misses that pedestrian..but it should not be. - of course depends on where it happened.

If Donte did this in Virginia,Georgia or Arizona I think he would be in jail for awhile,state laws are vastly different in this country.

Yeah, I lumped all of that stuff under 'distracted', has actually been repeatedly shown to be more dangerous than driving drunk.

Yeah, I lumped all of that stuff under 'distracted', has actually been repeatedly shown to be more dangerous than driving drunk.

I don't think it really matters...if you kill someone while being impaired whether it be drinking,on a cellphone,texting or driving while under medication or simply drowsy and you kill someone ALL of those impairments should be all dealt with the same punishment.

Do you remember that Stephen king movie "Thinner" when the guy who was driving killed that witchy old lady who was walking across the street because his wife was giving him """"""""" while he was driving and he was not paying attention to the road...that counts as well.

I'll check it out,what I wonder is how they knew the exact area that the man was standing or moving BEFORE he was hit,I think thats impossible to determine,only where he landed upon impact and that is speculation and of course not an exact science.

theres a video of the accident....its quite unclear and very not detailed, so nothing can be said for sure....but the important facts are in there

not sure if its still available

I don't think it really matters...if you kill someone while being impaired whether it be drinking,on a cellphone,texting or driving while under medication or simply drowsy and you kill someone ALL of those impairments should be all dealt with the same punishment.

Do you remember that Stephen king movie "Thinner" when the guy who was driving killed that witchy old lady who was walking across the street because his wife was giving him """"""""" while he was driving and he was not paying attention to the road...that counts as well.

Exactly, I totally agree, and that's the point that I was driving at. If Bobs My Uncle thinks that Stallworth is a murdering scumbag, then I wonder if he thinks the same about an old person who causes a traffic accident that results in death, or a tired trucker who, in a daze, runs someone off the road. After all, they're just as negligent as a drunk driver.

Exactly, I totally agree, and that's the point that I was driving at. If Bobs My Uncle thinks that Stallworth is a murdering scumbag, then I wonder if he thinks the same about an old person who causes a traffic accident that results in death, or a tired trucker who, in a daze, runs someone off the road. After all, they're just as negligent as a drunk driver.

One could even argue that they are more negligent. After all, one thing we know is that loss of sobriety affects the decision making process. With DUI, we punish people for making poor decisions when they are in precisely the sort of state that would normally lead us to forgive and understand mistakes rather than punish them more harshly.

Last edited:
If someone illegally operates a vehicle while impaired, and they murder someone in the process, then yeah I have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference