PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady texted support to Stallworth after accident; more details from MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
God effing damnit I hetero love you, D.

Thank you kind sir, and may I say that reading your posts continue to be a pleasure...

No, my definition doesn't agree with you. You posted:

They are not the same thing. As I noted, any amount of alcohol will affect a person. That's not what's meant by 'drunk'. Under your definition, a 500 pound man will be drunk from having a small sip of beer. Now, are we going to keep playing this freakin' game, or can you just concede that your posted definition was inadequate?

Hell, you talk about the "key word", yet it wasn't even in your posted definition.

I am sorry I didn't post my complete logical progression:

Drunk -
–adjective
1. being in a temporary state in which one's physical and mental faculties are impaired by an excess of alcoholic drink; intoxicated: The wine made him drunk.

Intoxicated -
–adjective
1. affected by a substance that intoxicates; drunk; inebriated.

So I will conceed my definition was not adequate if you will conceed that Stallworth was drunk by our definitions.

Last edited:
Ummm, why would Stallworth need reforming if what he did was, according to you, an accident? :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll learn not to drink and drive?
Ask an obvious question, receive an obvious answer.

"Main Entry: 1re·form
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈfȯrm\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French refurmer, from Latin reformare, from re- + formare to form, from forma form
Date: 14th century
transitive verb
1 a : to put or change into an improved form or condition b : to amend or improve by change of form or removal of faults or abuses
2 : to put an end to (an evil) by enforcing or introducing a better method or course of action
3 : to induce or cause to abandon evil ways <reform a drunkard>"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reform

Last edited:
Who is saying that this accident occured at night and he was not visible? - Wrong

This happened at 7:15 am...its pretty light out at that time,especially that time of year.
"Especially at that time of year?" Less than a week after DST started? No, not really.

It was around dawn (remember Miami is nearer to the west edge of the time zone and dawn is a bit later there). I am sure there was some light but how much is unclear. The interesting thing is the pedestrian should have been able to see the car much more easily than the driver saw the pedestrian, since the car was heading due east at dawn.

My point in part here is people are making judgements based on assumptions which may or may not be true.

I am sorry I didn't post my complete logical progression:

Drunk -
–adjective
1. being in a temporary state in which one's physical and mental faculties are impaired by an excess of alcoholic drink; intoxicated: The wine made him drunk.

Intoxicated -
–adjective
1. affected by a substance that intoxicates; drunk; inebriated.

So I will conceed my definition was not adequate if you will conceed that Stallworth was drunk by our definitions.

Why on Earth would I do that when neither you nor I know that to be true?

Some of you people are nuts. So if someone takes a drink, gets in their car and kills someone, society should ignore the situation/facts surrounding the death? We should just hang the driver in the streets for all to see?

So if i kill someone on the way home because i fell asleep at the wheel, then i should be treated the same as Stallworth, right? I mean afterall, i KNOW im tired, and im still going to get in my vehicle and drive home. Just out of curiosity, how many of you anti-Stallworth posters have driven while being tired? Lack of sleep will slow your reaction time, just like alcohol will. However, if Stallworth was tired and fell asleep at the wheel, I'd be willing to bet you guys wouldnt be acting like this towards him.

It was a tragic accident. Im truly sorry for the loss you've experienced at the hands of a drunk driver, but don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Oh, and to the person who posted that it says alot about Brady that he would support a killer like Stallworth,,,,,,,,seriously??? Please become a Jets fan :bricks:

Why on Earth would I do that when neither you nor I know that to be true?

Because I know you are too intelligent not to agree that a 0.126 BAC is easily enough to impair someone's driving abilities? And that since both of our definitions of drunk reference impairment, he was indeed drunk?

Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.

Drunk -
–adjective

what it boils down to for much of the fellowship here is that if he were still under contract to the new england patriots and being productive, they would gladly change their tune........if it happened to brady, they would change their tune

stallworth is a good guy who paid dearly for a bad lapse of judgement (of course not as much as the guy in the street, but that's life)

I'd bet he'd take his stupidity back in a heartbeat......just another instance out of the millions of the mixture of a hydro-carbon and 5000 lbs of metal gone awry......you should think about that every time you have your 3rd beer/drink

Those incessantly moralizing should consider another perspective. Scientific tests have shown that people driving and texting and most folks driving and using cell phones are more driving impaired than folks over the legal alcohol limits. So let's castigate chatty soccer Moms as murderers next?

There's much more emotion regarding drunk driving. Understandably, because for reasons I don't understand, all too often repeat drunk drivers seem to be free to wreak continued havoc on other families.

Last edited:
Those incessantly moralizing should consider another perspective. Scientific tests have shown that people driving and texting and most folks driving and using cell phones are more driving impaired than folks over the legal alcohol limits. So let's castigate chatty soccer Moms as murderers next?

There's much more emotion regarding drunk driving. Understandably, because for reasons I don't understand, all too often repeat drunk drivers seem to be free to wreak continued havoc on other families.

not only that, but while we feel bad for that 85 year old guy who should not be behind the wheel barrels into a bus stop......screw him and his social security and whatever he owns and give it to the victims family and make him spend 30 days in jail

Right you are sir.

Last edited:
You, along with others, also don't seem to understand what murder actually is. Perhaps you should spend less time spouting nonsense put out by the MADD-style propogandists, and more time learning the subject at hand. :confused2:

Hear, hear.

I swear, some of you people - along with those joyless, senile, MADD-cow hags - would love to see this country return to the enlightened days of Prohibition.

I also have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone stupid enough to walk across a divided highway. Seems like Natural Selection at work to me.

And p.s.: If I were Bill, knowing the sad state of our WRs, I would've phoned Stallworth the day after his release, with an invitation to Foxborough for a workout/interview.

Last edited:
Because I know you are too intelligent not to agree that a 0.126 BAC is easily enough to impair someone's driving abilities? And that since both of our definitions of drunk reference impairment, he was indeed drunk?
Depends, for chronic alcoholics, a .126 is nothing. Not saying this is true for Stallworth but that level alone doesn't paint an entire picture.

I don't agree with that. Depending upon the person, a 0.126 might not be a huge deal at all. There was a time when I was a little bit younger that a 0.126 barely affected me.

He went out and had a couple of drinks at dinner then drove after that. He wasn't tanked. What happened was a freak accident that was unfortunate for the guy he hit as well as Stallworth. So let me guess, you've never had a couple of glasses of wine while at dinner with family or friends and then drove home?

EDIT: And it's going to be funny to see some of the responses for this. I guess Brady is going to be called a "P.O.S." and a "piece of garbage" for supporting such a heartless murdering scumbag, right? :rolleyes:

Why are you so emotionally invested in this issue and so overly pre-occupied with the reactions of others whenever it comes up?

Very, very odd.

Why are you so emotionally invested in this issue and so overly pre-occupied with the reactions of others whenever it comes up?

Very, very odd.

I don't see what's odd about it. Kontra has a very reasonable and valid view on the situation. There are people on this forum that constantly want to polarize the issue and turn it into a black & white issue, when its not, and that's kind of frustrating. IE, when you have posters in this thread like BobsMyUncle or BostonPatriot basically trying to pre-empt any discussion on the issue with such simple rhetoric, it's kind of annoying.

I don't see what's odd about it. Kontra has a very reasonable and valid view on the situation. There are people on this forum that constantly want to polarize the issue and turn it into a black & white issue, when its not, and that's kind of frustrating. IE, when you have posters in this thread like BobsMyUncle or BostonPatriot basically trying to pre-empt any discussion on the issue with such simple rhetoric, it's kind of annoying.

Pre-empt? I spoke about my dislike for Brady supporting his friend the murderer and I gave my reasons for doing so. What would you have liked for me to do? Remain silent because I had a view that was contrary to yours!

Pre-empt? I spoke about my dislike for Brady supporting his friend the murderer and I gave my reasons for doing so. What would you have liked for me to do? Remain silent because I had a view that was contrary to yours!

You're free to debate the issue just like anyone else.

But when you say things like "I spoke about my dislike for Brady supporting his friend the murderer", it stifles discussion. A lot of people have brought up very valid points to which your general response is "Stallworth is a drunk murderer!!" It's sort of like trying to engage in a discussion with an angry mob.

An investigation and the legal process decided to give Stallworth some leniency based on the facts of the case, it had nothing to do with his celebrity. You might be wise to consider some of those facts and not just making such broad sweeping statements on something based on the surface of it, and also consider that there are certain grey areas in life - such as "good people do bad things" (or any of the things Kontra has pointed out re: drunk driving). You're oversimplifying the entire thing to an absurd degree.

Last edited:
You're free to debate the issue just like anyone else.

But when you say things like "I spoke about my dislike for Brady supporting his friend the murderer", it stifles discussion. A lot of people have brought up very valid points to which your general response is "Stallworth is a drunk murderer!!" It's sort of like trying to engage in a discussion with an angry mob.

An investigation and the legal process decided to give Stallworth some leniency based on the facts of the case, it had nothing to do with his celebrity. You might be wise to consider some of those facts and not just making such broad sweeping statements on something based on the surface of it, and also consider that there are certain grey areas in life - such as "good people do bad things" (or any of the things Kontra has pointed out re: drunk driving). You're oversimplifying the entire thing to an absurd degree.

You gotta remember though, the guys' Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes