PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady texted support to Stallworth after accident; more details from MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stallworth was drunk.

That's your claim. Were you there? It's been reported that his BAL was 0.126, which is by no means a guarantee of drunkenness.

And yet, you seem to not ask about the dead man's Blood Alcohol Limit... why he was crossing a cordoned street AGAINST oncoming traffic. At night. I'd say you ought to reconsider just WHO was using poor judgement that night.

Stallworth paid the price society demanded of him. It's over. I'd welcome him back on this team.

I'm not going to argue that the guy who got killed wasn't an idiot for running across a highway, but if you compare Stallworth to the guy he killed you are seriously saying that the dead guy had worse judgement then the guy who was DUI?

Have to disagree there...Cops will arrest you for public drunkeness if they feel you are a hazard to the community...and thats walking down the street

They arrest you if you are acting like an idiot. People walk the streets in Boston drunk every Friday and Saturday night between 2-4 pm.

Last edited:
Was there any eye witnesses to this crash or was it all the word of Donte?...Can't remember hearing about any witnesses at the scene

That's your claim. Were you there? It's been reported that his BAL was 0.126, which is by no means a guarantee of drunkenness.

How does it feel to defend a man who drank, got drunk, then decided to drive home (killing someone along the way).

Disgusting.

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue that the guy who got killed wasn't an idiot for running across a highway, but if you compare Stallworth to the guy he killed you are seriously saying that the dead guy had worse judgement then the guy who was DUI?

Well, a sober man who's stupid enough to hop onto that highway, instead of using the crosswalk, in the middle of the night would be very, very stupid. So, yes.

Who is saying that this accident occured at night and he was not visible? - Wrong

This happened at 7:15 am...its pretty light out at that time,especially that time of year.

Well, a sober man who's stupid enough to hop onto that highway, instead of using the crosswalk, in the middle of the night would be very, very stupid. So, yes.

It wasn't in the 'middle of the night',Donte did not reach that stretch of highway until 7am with Reyes being killed at about 7:15according to HIM...What do you not understand or did you not know this?

Last edited:
How does it feel to defend a man who drank, got drunk then decided to drive home (killing someone along the way).

Disgusting.

I'm able to think rationally about things, so it causes me no problems. And, again, you don't know that he was drunk. What's funny is that I actually have personal experience prosecuting DUI cases in Miami, yet I'm more able to see this stuff clearly than people such as yourself.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After all, you insulted DaBruinz and myself because we dared to point out that Manning's a choker....

nfl_g_saintsts13_576.jpg

Last edited:
1.) Driving drunk is not the same as driving with a blood alcohol level that is over the legal limit.

2.) The next person I meet who isn't a teetotaler and can still honestly claim never to have gotten behind the wheel with alcohol in their system will be the very first one.

By definition being drunk is being affected by alcohol. Since 0.126 is enough to at minimum moderately impair driving skills, I don't think "driving drunk" is a misnomer.

It wasn't in the 'middle of the night',Donte did not reach that stretch of highway until 7am according to HIM...What do you not understand?

Pardon me.... "coming home from the night shift." I hope that makes you feel better, because it doesn't make a bit of difference in my response.

By definition being drunk is being affected by alcohol. Since 0.126 is enough to at minimum moderately impair driving skills, I don't think "driving drunk" is a misnomer.

By your definition, people are drunk off of a sip of beer. Any level of alcohol affects the person drinking it.

Pardon me.... "coming home from the night shift." I hope that makes you feel better, because it doesn't make a bit of difference in my response.

He actually went to his condominium for a nap at about 5am after drinking 4 tequilas or so at the club that he left at 4am and then woke up and went out for breakfast in his Bentley but the accident ruined that intended meal

By your definition, people are drunk off of a sip of beer. Any level of alcohol affects the person drinking it.

Well, it's actual the dictionary's definition, is that not good enough? And it depends on the BAC to determine effect. One drink might not affect you, but there's lots of evidence saying that driving impairment happens well before 0.08.

I'm able to think rationally about things, so it causes me no problems. And, again, you don't know that he was drunk. What's funny is that I actually have personal experience prosecuting DUI cases in Miami, yet I'm more able to see this stuff clearly than people such as yourself.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After all, you insulted DaBruinz and myself because we dared to point out that Manning's a choker....

nfl_g_saintsts13_576.jpg

God effing damnit I hetero love you, D.

Well, it's actual the dictionary's definition, is that not good enough? And it depends on the BAC to determine effect. One drink might not affect you, but there's lots of evidence saying that driving impairment happens well before 0.08.

Actually, I looked at various dictionaries. None had so liberal an interpretation as you claimed.

being in a temporary state in which one's physical and mental faculties are impaired by an excess of alcoholic drink; intoxicated: The wine made him drunk.

Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.

Caused or influenced by intoxication.

1 a : having the faculties impaired by alcohol b : having a level of alcohol in the blood that exceeds a maximum prescribed by law <legally drunk>
2 : dominated by an intense feeling <drunk with rage>
3 : relating to, caused by, or characterized by intoxication :

Also, if you look at enough of the wacko literature, you'll find claims that any amount of alcohol is too much and affects people. It's an irrelevancy. You can get hopped up on caffeine and be a danger on the road, too.

Actually, I looked at various dictionaries. None had so liberal an interpretation as you claimed.

Also, if you look at enough of the wacko literature, you'll find claims that any amount of alcohol is too much and affects people. It's an irrelevancy. You can get hopped up on caffeine and be a danger on the road, too.

Your definition agrees with me: "Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties." Impairment being the key word. I don't have access to a university library at this exact moment, but this study (from a government site) indicates driving impairment shows up at 0.05 and it seems to have legit references:

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh23-1/31-39.pdf

Your definition agrees with me: "Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties." Impairment being the key word. I don't have access to a university library at this exact moment, but this study (from a government site) indicates driving impairment shows up at 0.05 and it seems to have legit references:

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh23-1/31-39.pdf

No, my definition doesn't agree with you. You posted:

By definition being drunk is being affected by alcohol.

They are not the same thing. As I noted, any amount of alcohol will affect a person. That's not what's meant by 'drunk'. Under your definition, a 500 pound man will be drunk from having a small sip of beer. Now, are we going to keep playing this freakin' game, or can you just concede that your posted definition was inadequate?

Hell, you talk about the "key word", yet it wasn't even in your posted definition.

The bottom line is that you're willing to put people in prison for things I'm not. Let's just leave it at that and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back