PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady shouldn't have said anything to Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoken like someone who watched the game on TV.

If you were at the game, you saw that both teams were yapping at each other the entire game, from the pre-game on, after made plays, after missed plays, right on through to the 4th quarter.... the kid and that team had it coming, and even moreso after James Harrison cheap-shotted Brady after the first TD.

I loved Brady talking some solid smack - I got up screamed, Right On!, at the TV. Besides, as Simms pointed out, Brady was also playing Smith a bit figuring that getting in Smith's face after the first TD was only going to make Smith more incensed and thus more likely to bite on play action, which was exactly what happened on Moss's next TD bomb.

Last edited:
Brady is becoming as classless as Larry Bird was. God bless him.

yeah I mean really, its not like they've gone out and taunted anyone else, this kid had it coming. Brady was just filling him in on the fact that he didn't know who he was f*cking with.

and hey its not like there was all bad blood on the field Brady and his pal Larry Foote who he played with at Michigan were yuckin' it up a few times in between plays.

Also - The ******ed comment was much more classless than a football player talking smack to a guy who was already talking smack to him. You could have easily made the same point by just making the age comparison...

I think that the posters and the fans have to accept the team as they want to be, not like we would like them to be. If one can't do that, then perhaps another team that exhibits the qualities that you desire would be better for you to root for.

Or whatever his name was.

He's going to the HoF why beat up on a hapless guy. Just let it go.

Same with BB, kind of classless. Why bother with him?

Also, another thought. I think Rodney Harrison needs to teach Pats DBs how to tackle. You don't run up to the guy, stop, then reach out and bear hug him...you run up, use your body as a missile and take his legs out from under him. I saw Harrison give a couple devastating tackles like this...Samuel had a good one at the end of the game. Gay needs to learn this.

Huh??? I loved Brady giving that guy an arse chewing!!! That punk ran his mouth before the game and Brady put him in his place. I loved it.

Last edited:
Or whatever his name was.

He's going to the HoF why beat up on a hapless guy. Just let it go.

Same with BB, kind of classless. Why bother with him?

Also, another thought. I think Rodney Harrison needs to teach Pats DBs how to tackle. You don't run up to the guy, stop, then reach out and bear hug him...you run up, use your body as a missile and take his legs out from under him. I saw Harrison give a couple devastating tackles like this...Samuel had a good one at the end of the game. Gay needs to learn this.

Brady actually DID do the right thing with the rook...he told him maybe next time he'll ACT like a rookie is supposed to act and STF up.

Brady & Belichick are the best...I love the way they both act. Everyone else wants to be them.;)

Brady actually DID do the right thing with the rook...he told him maybe next time he'll ACT like a rookie is supposed to act and STF up.

Brady & Belichick are the best...I love the way they both act. Everyone else wants to be them.;)

He's not a rookie.

It's the bigs. If you want to run your mouth then you have to be willing to take what comes at you.

Brady is gutsy. Good for Brady.

He's not a rookie.

That's ok. What is he a second year guy getting playing for the first time? almost the same thing. He obviously acted like a rook.

Last edited:
That's ok. What is he a second year guy getting playing for the first time? almost the same thing. He obviously acted like a rook.
Let's hope he learned from the experience.

Brady has shown repeatedly he is not going to let anyone challenge the ability and dedication of Pats' players with a response from him. Where I believe everyone is missing the boat is in thinking his response was about the guarantee. I think it was all about his comment regarding the receivers (not so great, cincy better, etc.). The Pats' receivers stay quiet and let Brady be the hammer. Keeps that locker room orderly/focused and not a zoo like so many other teams.

True, technically and clinically you call "those kids" ******ed or whatever PC term (more likely these days) you wish.

Calling someone who isn't clinically/medically considered "******ed" as an insult, not so classy.

It's one of those things I never gave a second thought until I had a son with Down syndrome. Is he mentally ******ed? Absolutely. But the term is generally not used as a term of endearment. KWIM?

I know that wasn't your intent, it's just a touchy subject for me. When something affects you personally it changes your focus a bit.

God bless you and your son CTPatsFan. but trying to get people to stop using this term on a fan board is senseless. Just understand the context in which it is being used. No one is mocking anyone less fortunate. But don't ever expect an NFL fanboard to become politically correct.

If it did, I'd probably stop coming here.

Many here would.
In the always pathetic game thread several Pats fan weenies sobbed that since Brady got in Smith's face, now the big bad Steelers would HURT Brady. Sob!

PWP....You said it man! I can't stand the dweebs who worry about bad luck stuff or the "What goes around..." BS. I commend Tom Brady for having the consistent fire he has week to week no matter who we play.

Here's to Tom keeping up the barking at the mouth and to you wickedpissah for cheering him on!

Wow, Skip Bayless posts on our board.:rolleyes:

Brady has begun to remind me of Larry Bird in a way: a white superstar that is not above talking trash. ******' A! Didn't hurt Bird at all.

Edit, I see the Steamer beat me to it. Man, this board gets more hits lately than a $2 hooker. Whaaa?

Last edited:
Did anyone hear Ditka this morning on Mike and Mike saying that BB and Brady should not have reacted this way?
Ditka is a hometown boy...but impartial he is not.

I heard this, and all I kept saying to myself is "Right, Mike, Jim McMahon never opened HIS mouth on the field, right?" My father was an official on the field when Ditka was at Pitt (college) and from the stories I've heard about Mike let's just say he's being more than a little hypocritical here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft