PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady presser: What does he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts when I saw how unfairly he was being treated, were that I bet a lot of players come out in a show of solidarity having watched him put through that. We can only hope they do.

On a human level that was a malicious attack and has no place in sports.

What the media just did to Tom Brady is far worse than any pressure change in a football. I am utterly disgusted.
It was pretty savage and low rent. I saw pictures yesterday of the aftermath of attacks on Ukranian airport. Made me realize I probably shouldn't care this much about the psi in a football.

here's the thing--and please don't take any offense to this...have you ever played sports? At a decent level, say high school at least and above? Ever have a particular 'thing' that you kinda need just right? Mid game that 'thing' may not mean jack SH*T when you're in the heat of the moment. But when you're suiting up you want it just right.

I was that way with the tape on my hockey sticks. Played through college. I'd redo the tape after every game and practice, took me 20-30 to re-tape a single stick, get the tack just right, rub down the base with a puck so it's nice and smooth, make sure no strands were poking out.

Some games I'd go out and, first shift, someone would step on it wrong and tear the tape, rip off chunk of it, whatever. You think I noticed a difference, cared about that little rip or the difference in how the stick felt in my hands? Absolutely NOT.

You think Brady can explain that to the media trolls? How psychotically prepared he is going into game day, wants everything to be setup perfect so he doesn't have to worry about the 'little things' once he's on the field? But then, with how much he has to account for on every play, on every read, that he couldn't give half a friggin sh*t about whether that ball was 12.5 or 14.5 or 10.5, he just wants to get it in his receivers hands.

And that's what they'll never understand, why they're cave trolls pounding away on their keyboards while Brady prepares for Seattle.
wanted to bump this up because I agree with it so much. college football player here. before the game, everything needs to be right. I'm a WR. If my gloves aren't perfect, I work on them until they are. My sleeves are rolled up right, my cleats are tied tight, etc.

Once the game gets going, you're just out there playing. One of my socks usually ends up down by my ankles. My chinstrap comes undone, etc.
In the heat of the moment, I could catch a rubber ball and probably wouldn't notice. You're telling me that in a rainy AFC champ game, brady is going to call time, go over to Bill, and say, "Hey, does this ball feel a little squishier than normal."

First, you'd think you imagined it. Then, you'd think that it's too dumb to go ask anyone about. IF you noticed in the first place (I wouldn't)

Hahaha this is my favorite thing all week. Some idiot at work came up to me and said "Yeah but the ball was only 11 pounds instead of 13 pounds so it's way easier to throw." The moron seriously thought NFL footballs weigh 13 pounds.

To be fair Brady said the same thing. I laughed quite a bit over that.

It's pv = nrt. 30 degree f temp difference explains a 1.5 psi decrease.

This is like the movie idiocracy.

"Don't give that chemistry mumbo jumbo. This is football not school. Who let the air out!"

For the life of me, I just can't understand why Tom Brady isn't thinking about the PSI of the football after he takes the snap.

Nate Ebner sighting on ABC covering this nonsense. :p

It was pretty savage and low rent. I saw pictures yesterday of the aftermath of attacks on Ukranian airport. Made me realize I probably shouldn't care this much about the psi in a football.

Yemen president resigns, our embassy on edge, and ABC leads with Tom Brady's news conference,

He said that? Awesome.
SOme people are shredding him for it.

I'm shocked to have stepped away for work for two hours and come back to the Intwerweb and see people are describing Brady's presser as disastrous. WHat?

I'm shocked to have stepped away for work for two hours and come back to the Intwerweb and see people are describing Brady's presser as disastrous. WHat?

The people who already made up their mind think it was disastrous or perfect.

Then there's the rest of us who think it went ok but there were some issues and some curious moments.

BTW, @fnordcircle, I must congratulate you for at least moving from f***ing creepy to just plain surreal.

He should have offered to take a lie detector test. "Lie detector, truth serum bring it on. I won't agree to water boarding though." Make them realize how stupid they are.

BTW, @fnordcircle, I must congratulate you for at least moving from f***ing creepy to just plain surreal.

Thanks!

xH426vm.gif

For the last time, it is not a 16% difference.

As explained in this post by kennyb:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-temp-difference-impact-the-pressure.1115355/

Initial Pressure 12.5psi. Absolute pressure 14.7psi + 12.5psi = 27.2 psi
Half-time Pressure 11 psi, Absolute pressure 14.7psi + 11 psi = 25.7 psi

25.7/27.2 = 0.945

It's a 5.5% decrease. Let's round it up to 6%.

Gametime temp was 7 deg C = 280 Kelvin

280 K * .06 = 16.8 K

That requires a temperature difference of about 17 degrees.

I have no idea where people are getting figures like -77 or whatever.

I wish Brady had answered that loser reporters question about apologizing with "I'm sorry...I'm sorry to tell you that I did not deflate the balls so you media whores don't have anything of substance to report"

Classic case of confirmation bias allowing people to see what they want to see.

I thought he did well enough considering it dragged on for half hour and was pretty repetitive and the overall tone was very attacking and rude by the media.

Interesting that he and BB stayed on message with 12.5. Obviously the ball boy told them the refs didn't measure PSI pre-game or else they would never throw out that easily substantiated number.

Bill O'Brien interviewing both Jim Gray and Kirk Minnehan right now on Fox News...pretty much endorsing the veracity of both BB and TB.

Ultimately Gray concedes he believes both BB and TB, even siding with Bill's hypothesis that it could have been the act of an underling w/o either of their knowledge....whereas KM focuses on TB as being somehow involved in the deflation of balls.

After Brady's presser espn analysts were attacking Brady and then Schefter said something I'm guessing in the Pats defense and some posted about it around page 18 but I didn't see any quotes...anyone know what he said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST