Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady on WEEI right now

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by 2000army, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000army

2000army On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

About 10 min in already

2. Lord_Reginald_III

Lord_Reginald_III Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

did he elaborate on his pre-half sideline speech? all i caught was "whys it so f'in hard", and galloway looking, um, sheepish

3. 2000army

2000army On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

He said he didn't remember that ..... uh huh... lol

4. tajapandu

tajapandu On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he said "i dont remember that one in particular, but..."

5. Lord_Reginald_III

Lord_Reginald_III Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thats pretty funny, maybe it was one of those rage blackouts. seemed to rally the troops for the 2nd half. he had me fired up too, i ate my nachos with extra hot sauce

6. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +194 / 14 / -3

NFL Videos: WK 3: Tom Brady highlights

I looked at Brady's highlights, and several plays stick out. Yes, he made a very bad throw to Moss in the end zone that should have been picked. I think he probably trusted that Randy was free when Moss raised his hand up, but neither of them saw the safety.

Think of what a stellar day Brady would have had if Moss had fought harder for the first bomb knocked away at the last second, if Galloway had committed to the ball, if Aiken hadn't given up on the route to the endzone, and finally, on a picture perfect pass to Moss for a TD, Moss was grabbed by the shoulder and interfered with. It was a definite TD if it weren't for that pass interference that went uncalled.

That's 4 plays that should've/could've been TDs, and none of them were Brady's fault.

7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,964 / 36 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I remember Buck and Aikman wondering aloud to one another why Moss didn't use his body more on that first bomb that was deflected by excellent coverage. However, I firmly believe that if Moss had tried to use his body to catch that ball, we get an offensive pass interference called against us. That was just extremely good coverage that you can't do anything about. Great throw by Brady though. Hit him right in stride. His timing is definitely down with Moss, same with Welker as we saw in Week 1. The timing with Galloway, Aiken, and Edelman to a lesser extent needs to be worked on.

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Question: Tom, were you upset with your son being on the front page of the newspaper?

What Tom said: Well, it's something you can't control.

What Tom meant: &*&$% yeah, I was pretty *^&%$@# upset with those stupid %&&$& (&#$@! doing that to a child. Give my 2 year old son some #$%^&* privacy..!

9. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,967 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

That throw to Moss was underthrown. It was on Brady, not Moss. That's a pass where, if you miss, you have to miss long, not short.

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

11. JMarr

JMarr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

Not sure if this is the same play you're talking about, but Brady and Moss had a sure TD in the endzone which was knocked away at the last second b/c Moss kept his hands in to his body. This may have been addressed in another thread, but that sh*t is getting seriously annoying.

Moss has been big in the first three games, but that particular incompletion was inexcusable. Perfect strike by Brady, single coverage, all Moss has to do is REACH UP AND GET THE BALL and it's as easy a catch as possible. WTF, this guy has to make catches like that. Moss needs to seriously reconsider this "alligator arms/faking out the DB by waiting til the last possible moment to stick out your hands" stategy.

12. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

I agree completely - its a bad habit that Moss has gotten into...

13. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

Come on Deus, if the DB can jump up and get his hand on it, why can't the 6-4 Moss elevate and make the catch? That throw was not underthrown, it was perfectly thrown, and it was perfectly defended - the only person who didn't do their job was Moss, who failed to go and get the ball at a higher point. If Brady throws it any farther, it's out of Moss' reach. It's Moss job to know when he doesn't have enough separation to let a ball fall over his shoulder and into his hands.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,967 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

Even the announcers, who were also talking about Moss going up to get it, noted that it was underthrown. That ball should have been a good 2 yards deeper. I've bagged on Moss for that type of catch 'attempt' in the past (last year v. Chargers), and I'm not saying that Moss couldn't have given it the old college try, but the ball was underthrown in a 'last man' situation. That's a ball that needs to be too long instead of too short.

15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Moss was our only clutch receiver, with huge production on a bad back injury. Brady also needs to stop throwing crappy passes to wide open receivers and sailing his throws. His other receivers dropped sure TD's, but Brady could have also thrown 2 wide open TD himself that he missed.

It goes both ways.

16. JMarr

JMarr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

I think Aikman (who's a great analyst) pointed it out--Moss's game is all about using his height and jumping ability to his advantage. Why he decided to do the opposite on that play and let the shorter DB just bat it away doesn't make sense. He was a beast all day, but he'd have 1 more TD catch under his belt today had he not tried to play mind games with the defender.

17. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't forget he was playing with a bum back. Elevating on the run puts a lot of stress on the back.

18. Absurdly Metro

Absurdly Metro Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0

Yeah the guy is only on pace to finish his career as the most prolific receiver in NFL history or close to it and he should listen to the fans tell him how to play the position? ;)

19. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

I'm just quoting Belichick.

In NFL Network's Path To Perfection, Belichick goes up to Moss and says (paraphrase) "Anytime you can go up and get the ball like that, just go up and do it" [in reference to Moss first TD catch against the NYG in Week 17.

20. Absurdly Metro

Absurdly Metro Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0

rewatch the video of that pass then. It isnt a matter of jumping up. the ball is clearly underthrown and the defender is in front of him. he'd have had to go through the defender to get to the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.