PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm pissed at Baker for not jumping up to grab his TD pass at its highest point. But nooooooooooooo...he just kept running and let the pass fall into his clearly not outstretched arms. He is so lucky his obvious lack of effort didn't cost the Pats a victory. Did you see how his enraged teammates kept running into him in the end zone, screaming unmentionables, practically jumping on top of him for dogging it on that TD catch. Moss may be lazy but Baker is clearly a locker room cancer and must go.

The guy that pisses me off most is Welker, buging out on the Jets game out of pure fear of a Ryan defense.

Nobody is accusing Moss of dogging it - again, me, personally, I'm just saying he made the wrong decision on this one pass, and that it wasn't a bad throw by Brady. There are times to let it drop in and times to go up and highpoint it, and Moss sure as hell knows that. No need to put words in people's mouths - this isn't a thread for that kind of stuff, again, we're analyzing ONE play, and making no inferences about Moss' ability for any play other than that ONE specific play.

Moss was running deep and the ball (without any adjustment by Moss) was going to fall over his shoulder directly into his arms. Easy TD. Your point is that Moss should have altered his route to take the ball at a shorter distance and higher point...and that he should have decided this based on a defender that he couldn't see or feel.

What if the defender slipped a little on the wet field and was 1 foot further back? Moss' decision would have turned an easy TD into a more difficult circus catch AND gave the defender time to drill Moss while he was in the air to dislodge the ball.

Your point of view makes perfect sense if Moss could have known (or even reasonably suspected) the eventual outcome of the play. It makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

Just for an example of what I'm referring to of Moss doing in the past:

YouTube - The Best of Randy Moss 2007

At 1:00 - Brady truly underthrew that pass to Moss, and Moss, running full speed slows down and leaps between two defenders for the catch.

Not a completely comparable play, as Brady's pass yesterday was much more accurate and more in stride. But you get the idea.

Another:

1:13 - Brady throws a bomb to Moss against Indy, again, not completely on the money, per se - on this one, Moss turns, gets in front of the defender (who was called for PI) and basically boxes him out for the catch.

Moss was running deep and the ball (without any adjustment by Moss) was going to fall over his shoulder directly into his arms. Easy TD. Your point is that Moss should have altered his route to take the ball at a shorter distance and higher point...and that he should have decided this based on a defender that he couldn't see or feel.

What if the defender slipped a little on the wet field and was 1 foot further back? Moss' decision would have turned an easy TD into a more difficult circus catch AND gave the defender time to drill Moss while he was in the air to dislodge the ball.

Your point of view makes perfect sense if Moss could have known (or even reasonably suspected) the eventual outcome of the play. It makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

Moss is as good as any wideout at knowing where the DB is and knowing what the play requires. Again, do I have any right to question him? Realistically, probably not. I'm just giving my .02, which is mainly motivated by any attempt to say that Brady's pass was an OK one. Throwing a ball like that right on the money with the wind behind you is not an easy thing.

YouTube - The Best of Randy Moss 2007.

Okay, stop it with your obsession. You're way too biased at this point.

You're now turning to 2007 clips of Moss, OBSESSING with two dozen posts from you now on this one play, while Tom Brady misthrew countless other times, which you don't harp on whatsoever????

YouTube - The Best of Randy Moss 2007

At 1:00 - Brady truly underthrew that pass to Moss, and Moss, running full speed slows down and leaps between two defenders for the catch.

Not a completely comparable play, as Brady's pass yesterday was much more accurate and more in stride. But you get the idea.

Another:

1:13 - Brady throws a bomb to Moss against Indy, again, not completely on the money, per se - on this one, Moss turns, gets in front of the defender (who was called for PI) and basically boxes him out for the catch.

The first one was a jump ball by design. The pass was coming down like a lawn dart and Moss could see and feel the defenders around him.

The second one was way underthrown and Moss adjusted to the ball in the air. Start the clip at 1:10 and you would swear Moss was fielding a punt.

As you have said, the pass from Brady yesterday was on target. The defense just made a good play to barely stop an easy TD. Really isn't any more complicated than that.

Okay, stop it with your obsession. You're way too biased at this point.

You're now turning to 2007 clips of Moss, OBSESSING with two dozen posts from you now on this one play, while Tom Brady misthrew countless other times, which you don't harp on whatsoever????

Because there's nothing to talk about those plays. They were misfires, and that's all there was to it. What are we going to analyze on a pass he overthrew by 5 yards?

Dude, relax. I am not biased, I am as big a Moss fan and supporter as there is on this board. I'm allowed to have an opinion on one play and not have it be indicative about how I feel towards a player on every other player. I'm also allowed to post on that play as much or as little as I want b/c this is a message board where we go into the finer details of the little things.

Last edited:
The first one was a jump ball by design. The pass was coming down like a lawn dart and Moss could see and feel the defenders around him.

The second one was way underthrown and Moss adjusted to the ball in the air. Start the clip at 1:10 and you would swear Moss was fielding a punt.

As you have said, the pass from Brady yesterday was on target. The defense just made a good play to barely stop an easy TD. Really isn't any more complicated than that.

Fair enough. Agreed the DB made a great play on that ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back