PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady interview on NEST yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswlek

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I 'm completely shadowboxing here, but reading between the lines on Felger's interview of Brady yesterday gave me the impression that NE has been preparing for Indy for some time.

At one point it seemed as if Brady was even going to say that this is so, but spun it at the last second to say that prior teams have traits similar to Indy and that helps. Immediately afterward he smiled wide and said that they definitely started preparing 10 minutes after the Washington game.

Nothing concrete nor do I have a link of any kind. Just the feeling I got. And, watching the interview twice (yes, I am a complete loser) I got the same feeling at the same spot.

Was I the only one? :confused:

No, your not. I've felt that they have been preparing for this game for many weeks.

The scouting staff always starts preparation before the preceeding Sunday. From what BB has said in the past, I believe that he does some work as well before the immediately preceeding game. As far as I can tell, typically the players don't - but I would expect that certain things may well have been taught/emphasized as early as training camp in preparation for the game against the Colts.

The scouting staff always starts preparation before the preceeding Sunday. From what BB has said in the past, I believe that he does some work as well before the immediately preceeding game. As far as I can tell, typically the players don't - but I would expect that certain things may well have been taught/emphasized as early as training camp in preparation for the game against the Colts.

I'm not talking about scouting. I understand for all the "one week at a time" scouts go to games and guys break down film. You can't maximize your "one week" without other people looking at it earlier.

It just seemed like Brady was just about to say that they have been practicing for a few weeks. It was to the point that I thought he was going to say that they practiced in training camp.

I 'm completely shadowboxing here, but reading between the lines on Felger's interview of Brady yesterday gave me the impression that NE has been preparing for Indy for some time.

At one point it seemed as if Brady was even going to say that this is so, but spun it at the last second to say that prior teams have traits similar to Indy and that helps. Immediately afterward he smiled wide and said that they definitely started preparing 10 minutes after the Washington game.

Nothing concrete nor do I have a link of any kind. Just the feeling I got. And, watching the interview twice (yes, I am a complete loser) I got the same feeling at the same spot.

Was I the only one? :confused:

Don't be naive. Do you really think they devote equal amounts of time to the Colts and the Browns??? I would imagine, especially on weeks where they play within the division, the coaches are tweaking the Colt gameplan - and I'm sure Brady is privy to this process.

Don't be naive. Do you really think they devote equal amounts of time to the Colts and the Browns??? I would imagine, especially on weeks where they play within the division, the coaches are tweaking the Colt gameplan - and I'm sure Brady is privy to this process.

I guess I am naive. I always knew that coaches and grunt guys are working on future opponents, but I have taken the team to be truthful when they say that they practice for just the upcoming opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft