PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

I'm still a tad confused, but I just saw the tweet which says his MRI was negative and he's day to day. THat's good, right? It sounds so.

Uhm, except people have been known to miss entire seasons with BB still saying the whole time that they're "day to day".

These next two days are going to make or break Mallett's value. He's got a huge opportunity to play with the top offense for at least a few drives on Friday. Probably the most talent he'll ever get to play with in a game as a Patriot, unless something else bad happens and Brady misses regular season time.

Never mind. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.
No problem, K. I only know because in my long, long ago Division II collegiate baseball career (walk-on bench warmer) I had several calf strains which I thought were just stretched muscles, but the doctor told me they were tears.

because there is a difference between an actual tear and sprain. Torn ACL/MCL=out for the year. Mayo played with a sprained MCL a few years ago. One requires surgery, the other requires rest.

Wait, I guess I'm not following.

Jerod Mayo sprained his MCL, which means he tore his MCL, right?

Does sprain = tear? I always thought a sprain was a stretch of the ligaments but no tear.

A sprain is a partial tear, so that's not exactly great news. But still, better news than a full on ACL tear. I would suspect if it's a sprain, he's at least getting held out of this weekend's preseason game. Might be time to put the damn brace back on too.

From what I read it is a tear of fibers, but not the actual ligament. Fibers heal naturally.

I'm sure Brady will miss this week's game, could see him play in Game 3. Bernard Pierce suffered a sprain in Thursday's preseason game was practicing five days later.

MRI: negative. Day to day.

New fan of the Belichick era Patriots?

If 2002 is new to you. I'm aware of our coach keepin quiet about everything, if that's what you sayin.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 12s

Per @AdamSchefter, MRI on Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day (via ESPN source with knowledge of injury).
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m

For #Patriots QB Tom Brady and his not-serious knee injury: I'm told it's a sprain. More tests tonight.

Well, and there it is.

Thank you. Gonna get off now. I need air.

Kind of sucks if he will miss any preseason sames. He really needs to work that chemistry with his new receivers.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15m

Asked the source if New England can breathe again: "Yes, everyone can breathe." So, everyone go ahead. (That exchange actually happened.)

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

If 2002 is new to you. I'm aware of our coach keepin quiet about everything, if that's what you sayin.

Thank you. Gonna get off now. I need air.

He is to wear a knee brace every place he goes from now on..

That's about as definitive as we're going to get short of someone in the organization making a statement, and it's very good news as far as I'm concerned.

Yup. The God of football knowledge and reporting has spoken. Day to day it is. Very relieved.

Greats news! Although had he been decapitated we'd probably also hear he is day-to-day. Hopefully crisis averted and we see him back for a drive Friday.

This wasn't a game. It was a scrimmage in which the QBs were not supposed to face contact. As evidence by the fact that Brady was not wearing the brace he wears in game-time action.

He didn't go low, he didn't continue after the whistle, he didn't do anything dirty.

If he is supposed to just stand up and do nothing then what is the point of having a scrimmage?

Greats news! Although had he been decapitated we'd probably also hear he is day-to-day. Hopefully crisis averted and we see him back for a drive Friday.

I couldn't care less if Friday's game were completely canceled. Let Tebow, Edelman, hell....Zoltan Mesko take every single QB snap for all I care.

That said, hopefully we see him take a few series in the 3rd or 4th game just to make us all feel better. The latest tweets regarding the MRI are obviously great news. I for one was over here white-knuckling it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back