PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, in the MVP race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put Brady over Vick, but not by a whole lot. If the Chargers can climb out of the cellar and win the division, I think Rivers warrants a strong look. Matt Ryan is a strong contender as well. Manning? Solid year, but I'm not 100% convinced the Colts can make the playoffs. If they do, he'll get it, but Brady or Vick should be in line before him.

Last edited:
When you look at it stats wise, as much man love that I have for Tom Brady, Michael Vick is killing it right now. Guess we'll see if he can keep it up.

Last edited:
1. Vick
2. Brady
3. Rivers
4. White
5. Ngata

Of course, since only QBs on playoff teams are eligible, it's pretty much going to be one of Brady, Manning, Rivers, or maybe Ryan. No way football writers risk the PR disaster of making Vick MVP.

1. Vick
2. Brady
3. Rivers
4. White
5. Ngata

Of course, since only QBs on playoff teams are eligible, it's pretty much going to be one of Brady, Manning, Rivers, or maybe Ryan. No way football writers risk the PR disaster of making Vick MVP.

They will risk it.

Firstly Vick is way out on his own at the moment in my estimation. But a win for Vick makes for loads of writing. Its the story of the guy that came back from the depths and made good. The nation loves those stories so even if there was a risk of him missing the playoffs its a win-win for football writers. Thats of course if he keeps it up and they are in contention for the playoffs. A win next week would pretty much seal the deal on it for me, they will be favourites for their division if they get the win over the Giants. If Vick keeps playing to a similar standard then its definitely his year imo.

Vick has played less than half of the season and you people are saying he's CLEARLY ahead of Brady in the MVP race?

Funny!

I'll take Brady all day everyday. Very impressive 4 game stretch for Vick here but that's all it is, a 4 game stretch.

Vick has played less than half of the season and you people are saying he's CLEARLY ahead of Brady in the MVP race?

Funny!

I'll take Brady all day everyday. Very impressive 4 game stretch for Vick here but that's all it is, a 4 game stretch.

He has played 6 of their 9 games.

He has played 6 of their 9 games.

Lions
Jaguars
Colts
Redskins

These are the only full games he's played. Kevin Kolb started the season opener and Vick got injured in the first Redskins game.

Brady picking the Steelers apart is much more impressive than what Vick did to the 32nd RANKED (aka last) Deadskins defense, who had just come off giving up 37 to the Lions.

Brady is much more important to the Patriots than Vick is to the Eagles.

Last edited:
Lions
Jaguars
Colts
Redskins

These are the only full games he's played. Kevin Kolb started the season opener and Vick got injured in the first Redskins game.

Brady picking the Steelers apart is much more impressive than what Vick did to the 32nd RANKED (aka last) Deadskins defense, who had just come off giving up 37 to the Lions.

Brady is much more important to the Patriots than Vick is to the Eagles.

You have watched games with Kolb playing, right? The offense is slow as hell and very inconsistent without Vick. That team would be fighting with the cowboys for last in the NFC East if Kolb didn't get his skull knocked around.

Dunno though, I agree Brady is more important to the Pats but Vick still means a ton to the Eagles and is one of the reasons for their success.

Last edited:

Funny!

Vick is also playing really well right now. Still & all there will be a winter blizzard in hell if he's the MVP!

Last edited:
TB12 is a master in his prime.

He is the Ted Williams, Bobby Orr and Bill Russell of the Patriots.

Appreciate this living legend now as it's likely the Patriots will never have another QB as talented.

To me, the Most Valuable Player is the difference maker on a top team. It is not necessarily the most productive player, or the quarterback of the #1 team (although that it often what happens).

To ask the question in reverse, which of the top would be least competitive without their top player? the colts? the patriots? the eagles? the falcons?

The reason why Brady is often beaten out is because the team can win lots of games without him (nowhere near as many as with him of course).

To me, the Most Valuable Player is the difference maker on a top team. It is not necessarily the most productive player, or the quarterback of the #1 team (although that it often what happens).

To ask the question in reverse, which of the top would be least competitive without their top player? the colts? the patriots? the eagles? the falcons?

The reason why Brady is often beaten out is because the team can win lots of games without him (nowhere near as many as with him of course).

I disagree. MVP should be the player that adds the most to his team's -chances- of winning above a league-average replacement.

That being said, the 4 guys in the running all have valid arguments for their case. We'll see if one of them can pull away down the stretch.

I know this game wasn't about Brady...it was more like the 2001 Brady...dink and dunk, no turnovers...but if you look at his stats so far this year, he's completing almost 70 percent of his passes and is on pace for about 3,700 yards, 36 TD and 8 INT. If this team holds it together and wins the division, could he be in the running?

People have a really inaccurate rememberance of what the 2001 Brady was.

Brady (8-2)
19 TDs
4 INTs
2,362 yards (65.3% - 7.2 Avg)
100.6 Rating

Manning (6-4)
20 TDs
7 INTs
3,059 yards (65.3% - 7.0 Avg)
94.2 Rating

Vick (5-0)
11 TDs
0 INTs
1,608 yards (62.8% - 8.4 Avg)
108.7 Rating
+
5 rushing TDs
375 rushing yards (6.8 Avg)

Will add Rivers after tonight.

Last edited:
I don't know, he probably won't make it because of the few yards he's having. Peyton will take it again, cause everybody voting loves him.

Listening to NFLN after the game, and reading some articles you'd think Manning's 3 INTs were a good thing for him last night as far as MVP goes.

Listening to NFLN after the game, and reading some articles you'd think Manning's 3 INTs were a good thing for him last night as far as MVP goes.

All they care about is yards and TDs. That's all.

Brady is going to get, he beat Manning head-to-head and has (and will have) better stats and the better record.

The guy who electrocuted dog testicals and shoved them under water to drown hasn't played enough and he's not as valuable to the Eagles as Brady is to the Patriots.

Last edited:
It would have to be between Rivers and Brady.

I'll take the guy with half the interceptions and twice the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results