4 INTs
2,362 yards (65.3% - 7.2 Avg)
100.6 Rating

Manning (6-4)
20 TDs
7 INTs
3,059 yards (65.3% - 7.0 Avg)
94.2 Rating
With the Patriots beating the Colts, Brady leaps over Manning in the MVP race. If the Chargers beat the Colts Sunday night, put a fork in any talk of Manning as the NFL MVP.

Can we play Washington too? Vick looked pretty pedestrian against the Giants....plus I think he will be injured again soon since he won't slide when he runs.

Here's hoping Brady keeps on playing well and wins it

Talk of Vick as MVP is strange, considering that he's hardly played a full season, and he may yet miss more games if he takes beatings like he did on Sunday night.

If the Chargers can somehow make the playoffs, Rivers will get a lot of deserved attention, but if they don't, it looks like it's TFB's to lose.

Brady (9-2)
23 TDs
4 INTs
2,703 yards (66.6% - 7.6 Avg)
105.8 Rating

Brady passed Rivers in QB Rating and completion percentage today.

Vick is the only higher rated QB now.

Brady has to be the front runner for MVP. Forget Vick.

Brady wins the MVP with an MVP performance next week

Hard to argue Brady at this point, but I expect some douchebag to start floating Sanchez out there this week, just to hype up the game a bit more.

The NFL does not usually give out the MVP awards to players on 5-5 teams.

Brady is going to have more wins, a better TD-INT ratio, less INTs, a higher completion percentage and a better QB rating than Rivers this season.

Rivers will be considerably better in yards and may have a few more TDs but beyond that it's no question it's Brady. Been saying this all season.

I don't think Brady has enough numbers to win it. He needs more yards.

What goes against Vick: There hasn't been an MVP who has missed 3 games in a season since 1989 when Joe Montana won the award. It's not impossible, but history shows the odds are long.

What goes against Rivers: The last MVP on a 5-loss team was Rich Gannon, on a very mediocre 2002 season where 11-5 got the Raiders a #1 seed in the AFC, and there was very little competition for the award that year.

What goes against Manning: Has lost head-to-head against Brady and Vick. Also don't want to hear about injuries because Rivers has had it worse and has performed better than Manning.

Brady has the Patriots with the best record in the NFL (potentially tied depending on how the rest of Week 12 shakes out) in a season where most pundits had them going 10-6 at best, and he's been doing it without The Future Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Who Is Taboo To Mention Here.

I know I'm being a homer but I don't care. Brady is MVP right now far as I'm concerned, my opinion has really changed since a month or so ago.

Last edited:
Manning is a better QB, MVPeyton loooooooool

At this point, it's hard to argue against Brady being the frontrunner for the MVP award. With that said, though, it's definitely going to Manning.

What goes against Vick: There hasn't been an MVP who has missed 3 games in a season since 1989 when Joe Montana won the award. It's not impossible, but history shows the odds are long.

What goes against Vick is that he is a dog abusing felon. No way the NFL makes him MVP. It would be a PR disaster.

What goes against Vick is that he is a dog abusing felon. No way the NFL makes him MVP. It would be a PR disaster.

Ray Lewis killed a man and has been one of the more prominent faces of the league since then. I don't think that's going to be too much of a factor against Vick.

If the Chargers win out, I would be OK with Rivers winning the MVP. I just can't see giving the award to a guy that's on a team that's 10-6 or worse. What Rivers has done this season has been remarkable. Any argument that can be made for Manning can also be made for Rivers. He's had to deal with far more injuries than Peyton has had to deal with. He thrown for more yards (in far less attempts) and has a better TD-INT ratio. If the chargers beat the Colts this week, then they will have the same record. If the Colts win, I think Rivers should be out of the discussion all together.

I would be very upset if Manning won the award. He's had a terrific year, but he does not deserve to be the MVP of the league. The only thing he's done better than Brady is throw for more yards. That's because he's thrown the ball a ton more. Right now he has 6.98 yds/a while Brady has 7.59 yds/a. Also, it's hard to argue that Brady has had much better weapons than Peyton. Peyton's weapons include:

Reggie Wayne- Clear #1. Multiple All-pro teams
Pierre Garcon- Colts #2 receiver for the last 2 years.
1/2 season Austin Collie- Colts #3 receiver last 2 years.
Some no name tight ends and receivers
A similar group of running backs to the patriots.

Meanwhile Brady's weapons have included:

Deion Branch- #2 at best. Rarely played on a bad Seahawks team.
Wes Welker- Recovering from ACL surgery. Still very good, but no himself.
2 Rookie tight ends, albeit very good ones.
Brandon Tate- Basically a rookie WR with hands of stone
A similar group of running backs to the Colts.

Also, Brady has had more success against a far more difficult schedule. He's already played the Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Colts, and Chargers. These are pretty much 5 of the 6 best teams in the AFC (not to mention 4 of the top defenses).

It would be a shame if the Patriots finish 14-2 or 13-3 and Brady does not win the MVP (providing he plays at the level he's playing now). If Manning wins it again this year, I will never take the award seriously again.

I don't think Brady has enough numbers to win it. He needs more yards.

He's leading or very close to the leader in the most important stats, yards is an easily inflated garbage stat. Winning and TD/INT ratio are not.

He has a 105 rating on many more attempts than Vick, he is clearly MVP playing like a man possessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST