PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady better be back in 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... my goodness...

I'm not saying the pats can't win another championship, and brayd can't win another one...

I'm talking about the greatness that is the Patrio Dynasty of 01, 03, 04... If the Pats win another championship with Brady in 2013, it won't be linked with those other super bowls...

And if the Steelers win this one, and win another one, they will trump the Pats as the team of the decade becuase of their favorable standing in the media, and their large fan base and the fact that they have the most super bowls of any franchise.

I am looking at the legacy, when we look back, I want the Pats to be consided one, if not the, best team ever. Which every year of almosts that goes by threatens that.

To be honest, I couldn't really care if the Steelers are considered the team of the decade if they win the next two. I will be more upset the Pats didn't win next year. Besides, the media will turn it into a media story of which team was the team of the decade and draw it out for about three years on and off. The Pats are a dynasty by NFL standards (although that is just a label) and no matter how people want to discredit it, it doesn't change how I feel about it.

Besides, there will be plenty of people who will say the Pats are the team of the decade even if the Steelers win the next two Super Bowls because they have more favorable stats. The Pats will still have more Super Bowl appearances, more Conference wins, the top two winning streaks of all time, the only team to ever go 16-0 in the regular season, a better playoff record, a better regular season record, potentially the greatest player of all time, and potentially the greatest coach of all time.

I am a fan of this team because I enjoy watching them. I am not a fan so I can rub it into the face of my Dolphins and Jets fans friends. I don't really care how people look at this team. I only care how I look at this team.

Last edited:
I am a fan of this team because I enjoy watching them. I am not a fan so I can rub it into the face of my Dolphins and Jets fans friends. I don't really care how people look at this team. I only care how I look at this team.

Very well said.

"That is why last 2 years were important, good chance he could had 2 more rings, and who knows we dont play KC to open the season , bernard pollard does not hit Tom Brady , Matt Cassel is thinking about CFL... If and buts, and just a bunch of wondering.. " (per Sean)

I sometimes wonder too, if Faulk isn't suspended for the 1st game, if he dosen't pick up that block...or if Morris dosen't let Pollard "get back up"---so many things to think about.

Like you said 'If and buts, and just a bunch of wondering'

Last edited:
With Moss still in his prime,u need to take advantage of the situation.Brady needs to be back healthy and we need to get some pieces on defense to make this D better.I think the offense is there, the D needs a little fixing.

"

I sometimes wonder too, if Faulk isn't suspended for the 1st game...

Wow I never thought about that one. Kevin burning one at a concert got him suspended, he missed a game, wasn't there to block, Brady went down, the season was wrecked.

That was a costly joint.

Of course any one of 100 little things cold have turned this into a playoff season and possibly a championship season despite the odds. Beating the Steelers would have been tough, but it would have been great to see.

Last edited:
What's even worse is if I remember correctly, he was caught with a joint in his jacket. I don't even think he was burning it.. I remember him distinctly passing 2 drug tests in the next week but getting the suspension anyway. I think his story was he was wearing a friend's jacket, or something to that degree.

While on the other hand, Santonio Holmes gets caught driving with a burning blunt in his ashtray, and about a half oz rolled in other blunts, right in rush hr traffic. He should've/could've been charged w/ a DUI. And since he admitted to smoking it (would've been hard not to) isn't his offense a bit more than Faulk's?

But the Steeler's handled it "in house," and that was that...just don't agree w/ the double standards sometimes---NO NFL SUSPENSION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft