PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady at the MGM grand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish we could get a few truly high quality heavyweights. That's what boxing needs, but it's not going to happen.

Deontay Wilder should fight Klitschko soon. I think he'll KO him and be the next big fighter. Dude is a KO artist. That video of him beating up an internet troll in real life was awesome too.

Yeah, don't bother adding to the conversation.

disrespecting Ali is like disrespecting Tom Brady. how dare you to compare Ali to Floyd at any point of his career. you need to ban yourself from this forum.

Maybe Tom's trying to darken his image what with blowing off the Prez and cheering for a noted wife beater?

His cheering Mayweather is overblown. He was there to watch the fight and thought Mayweather would win.

If the Colts and Broncos play and I think the Colts are gonna win it doesn't mean I'm cheering for them.

Pacquiao's size difference killed him. Fight wasn't fair from the start, 4 inch reach and 3 inch height difference favoring Mayweather. When both are equally talented, or at least very close, HUGE advantage to Mayweather.

He tried to be aggressive but the unfair size difference never allowed it to happen outside of 2 or 3 rounds he got Mayweather against the ropes. All Mayweather did was send a few jabs out and it kept Pacquiao and his style at bay for the entire night pretty much.

Edit: You're probably right that he's slowing down, but I don;'t think that was the issue tonight.

There's nothing unfair about it. It's just an advantage.

And Mayweather did much more than just throw a few jabs. It's not like his jab is Klitchko's and Pacquiao had to be careful about getting caught by it.

Pacquiao tried attacking, but Mayweather is an incredible defensive fighter and a very good counterpuncher. pacquiao couldn't hit him most of the time that he tried. most of the time that he hit anything, it was mayweather's gloves, arms and shoulders.

I just wish we could get a few truly high quality heavyweights. That's what boxing needs, but it's not going to happen.

Jennings showed something against Klitchko, I thought. I haven't seen Wilder fight yet.

There are some other great boxers to watch in other divisions, though. GGG fights again in a couple weeks. I really like Terence Crawford, too.

i want my $100 back!!!
money is a defensive wizard and makes every damn fights boring as hell to watch for non fans.

pac was much smaller fighter and he didn't have a speed advantage. fight was over in the 1st round. it was so predictable.

this would be a lst PPV i'll buy for a boxing match. i'm really done with the sports. if there is another big fight, i'll make sure my friends pay it and not me! and i'll just wait till the morning and download the fight. no way in hell i'm gonna pay for another boxing PPV.

seriously, only guy who can 'dirty up' the fight against money is probably a prime hit man hearns and few others.

i'm just done with the sports. i even watched the klitchko fight in showtime last saturday. put me to sleep in 2 minutes. sweet science of zzquil is what boxing has become.

That's because Klitschko is another guy who fights smart and is very difficult to fight against. He's bigger than his opponents, can knock a guy out with either hand and he does hold a lot when the other guy gets inside (as Jennings did a lot).

People who wanted to see a brawl -- and that's what nonfans want -- should have watched Mathysse / Provodnikov the week before. Both guys took a beating, and Provodnikov showed that "Siberian Rocky" is an apt nickname.

But that's not a very smart way to "box," and guys like Mayweather and Klitschko are both smart and talented enough not to do it.

I have to admit this: if I were a fan of another team, I would be tired of seeing Tom Brady's photo splashed all over the place. It's certainly not his fault for going to all of the places we'd all want to go, and the paparazzi can't help themselves. But I even find myself, as a huge fan of his, growing somewhat weary of it.

Christ everyone is at this fight. Brady, MJ, Gronk, Wahlberg, TO, hell even Floyd Mayweather .

To bad Manny Pacquiao couldn't make it

The money is irrelevant. The issue is the fight. The fight played out the way Mayweather fights play out. Mayweather showed he's still tough to pin down. Pacquiao seemed to show that time's caught up with him.

It's just too bad the heavyweight division sucks.

Agreed.

Boxing is the one sport left where "what you see is what you get." Two guys in a ~20 foot square space trying to knock either other unconscious. Concussions? Well, duh! The whole idea is to knock the other guy into la-la land.

Personally, that's not what I want to spend my free time watching. And, I haven't for years...well, decades. But, that doesn't invalidate the sport, which is as old as time.

In fact, boxing is a whole lot more transparent than a sport that tries to pretend that its participants aren't risking serious physical and mental injury when they take the field.

The NFL is rapidly facing a tipping point, where it will have to acknowledge that, "Hey, this is really, really dangerous and if you don't want to put yourself at risk, you shouldn't be playing" or continue the pretense of introducing rule after rule that is designed to protect the League from liability more than it is designed to protect players.

I enjoy the NFL because it is a chess match on steroids, but I don't pretend that it isn't a highly dangerous undertaking.

Jennings showed something against Klitchko, I thought. I haven't seen Wilder fight yet.

There are some other great boxers to watch in other divisions, though. GGG fights again in a couple weeks. I really like Terence Crawford, too.

Wilder couldn't have a more fitting name. He throws punches like a crazy person, but it leaves him open to shots. He's big and hasn't fought a lot of competition. He probably doesn't deserve a shot at Klitchko, but he's that big, strong USA born fighter that people want. Klitchko would probably win, but it wont be by decision however the fight goes.

Is this the PatsFans website or the NFL version of TMZ? :D

I can not STAND TMZ ....what a waste of bandwith....does cable have bandwith?

Mayweather won as I predicted but I wasted my 100 dollars on this boring BS

Good...I could never root for a foreigner to beat a US boxer anyway.

Wish we still had the American flag emoticon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3