PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady about to break an NFL record held by Joe Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was Brady not incredible in the biggest games he played in?

Incredible performances in 3 SB victories (netting two MVPS). And in the "unspeakable game" he did everything he had to do and led the team to a last minute touch down drive in a clutch performance. Not his fault that the defense let him down after that. Unlike say, MR. Manning who single handily threw the SB away.

The defense gave up 17 points in a game where the offense went 3 and out numerous times. The offense, specifically the passing game, lost that game.

The defense gave up 17 points in a game where the offense went 3 and out numerous times. The offense, specifically the passing game, lost that game.

I think that loss was a team effort. If you had told *any* Patriots fan before the game that the Pats were only going to give up 17 points to the Giants, we'd *all* think it was going to be a lock Pats' win. So to lose under those circumstances, yeah, blame the offense.

However, the defense gave up two 4th quarter TDs to the Giants, and had numerous chances to stop them on that last drive and couldn't do it (dropped two possible interceptions, nearly had Manning sacked, came within a foot of stopping Jacobs on a 4th down run, etc.). The Pats' offense scored what should have been the winning TD with very little time left but the D couldn't hold the lead. So under those circumstances, yeah, blame the defense.

See? Plenty of blame to go around, unfortunately. :mad:

I think that loss was a team effort. If you had told *any* Patriots fan before the game that the Pats were only going to give up 17 points to the Giants, we'd *all* think it was going to be a lock Pats' win. So to lose under those circumstances, yeah, blame the offense.

However, the defense gave up two 4th quarter TDs to the Giants, and had numerous chances to stop them on that last drive and couldn't do it (dropped two possible interceptions, nearly had Manning sacked, came within a foot of stopping Jacobs on a 4th down run, etc.). The Pats' offense scored what should have been the winning TD with very little time left but the D couldn't hold the lead. So under those circumstances, yeah, blame the defense.

See? Plenty of blame to go around, unfortunately. :mad:

I don't care that both TDs happened in the 4th quarter. Thats what happens when an offense does nothing all day and the defense gets tired. The greatest scoring offense ever comes out and puts up 14? Its on them.

I don't care that both TDs happened in the 4th quarter. Thats what happens when an offense does nothing all day and the defense gets tired. The greatest scoring offense ever comes out and puts up 14? Its on them.

As I said, there's plenty of blame to go around. The D had many chances to stop the Giants on that last drive and couldn't do it. Don't blame Asante's missed INT on him being tired.

If it happens this Monday night, I'll be live in attendance. If we blow them out, I'm running down toward the tunnel in the closing seconds to try to get a high five and be the first Pats fan to congratulate him.

If so cut off your hand and mail it to me please!!

As I said, there's plenty of blame to go around. The D had many chances to stop the Giants on that last drive and couldn't do it. Don't blame Asante's missed INT on him being tired.

I think it's as simple as this.

Offense was horrible the first 3 quarters, but did what they needed to in the 4th.
Defense was great the first 3 quarters, but didn't do what they needed to in the 4th.

SLIGHT correction of facts...Joe Montana got his 100th regular season win in his 139th start, not his 137th start.

Tom is now 99-31 as a starter in the regular season. Monday night is his 131st start, so the only way for him to fail to set the record is to lose his next 8 starts, not his next 6 starts.

SLIGHT correction of facts...Joe Montana got his 100th regular season win in his 139th start, not his 137th start.

Tom is now 99-31 as a starter in the regular season. Monday night is his 131st start, so the only way for him to fail to set the record is to lose his next 8 starts, not his next 6 starts.

GAWD I just hope this thread doesn't invoke some horrific curse by the football gods :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back