Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bottom Line: Only Colts Can Beat Us

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by newton_tom_cat, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newton_tom_cat

    newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    It's obvious again what was obvious earlier in the year: this is a 2-horse race between Colts and Pats.

    No disrespect to Jags, they played well and put forth a strong showing - and I'm especially impressed by Garrard - but it was clear who the better team was all evening.

    And forget about NFC. The Super Bowl winner will be determined next week at Foxboro.
     
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. MrBigglesWorth

    MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2006
    Messages:
    8,338
    Likes Received:
    16
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

    Pretty pompus thread.

    Looks like Baltimore almost beat us and the Eagles and Giants.
     
  3. Wildo7

    Wildo7 Totally Full of It

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Messages:
    8,877
    Likes Received:
    35
    Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

    Yeah, it's pretty funny how predictable the NFL was this year. Not one thing has changed at the top since day one. I remember a lot of "Oh, why even play the season? we should just give the Lombardi to the Pats or Colts right now" comments made by haters and other teams' fans. Well actually, they could have done that and been correct.
     
  4. Satchboogie3

    Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2007
    Messages:
    2,284
    Likes Received:
    3
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

    ...but they didn't, thats the whole point. The only team that has a reasonable chance to beat us is the Colts. Thats it.
     
  5. Wildo7

    Wildo7 Totally Full of It

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Messages:
    8,877
    Likes Received:
    35
    Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

    I don't think it's pompous. Even if they had beat the Pats it still would have been Pats/Colts, as predicted.
     
  6. newton_tom_cat

    newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Over a 16 game season, you're going to have your up and downs. And even in our "downs" we still beat everyone.

    I'm talking post-season reality now. Reality is no one can beat us but Colts.
     
  7. upstater1

    upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2005
    Messages:
    13,061
    Likes Received:
    40
    Ratings:
    +85 / 4 / -3

    My mind is already on the Colts.

    As great as tonight's offense was, I'm already thinking ahead to next week's game and how tough it will be.

    I have to admit, with Freeney out of the game, I am very hopeful that we can put them away.
     
  8. Ballhawk21

    Ballhawk21 Rookie

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    We have to beat the Chargers first, they have given us fits in the past, but I think we will pull it out. Im looking forward to the rematch also, these two teams match up really well.
     
  9. NEPat

    NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    Messages:
    994
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    It's going to be an epic game. Too bad I'll be dead from tension and nerves by gametime, but I hope everyone else enjoys it.
     
  10. shmessy

    shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    19,199
    Likes Received:
    525
    Ratings:
    +1,391 / 10 / -11

    #75 Jersey


    Aren't you the same guy who last week wrote that "should the Patriots be so fortunate to live up to their silly 16-0 overhype to make it to the Super Bowl, that you predict they would see the Redskins there"?

    Just wondering.
     
  11. jcdavey

    jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Messages:
    4,669
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    i did like that one stat that said brady has only 9 ints in 500+ playoff attempts

    but san diego accounted for 3 of those 9

    i think the way sd is playing now in the secondary, is so much better than week 2

    i like our odds if we can pull off the miracle in indy sunday.
     
  12. newton_tom_cat

    newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Yeah totally. Let all the haters who picked Jags spend the week defending their prediction. We've got a Super Bowl to won next week. Seemed like they played good defense without Freeney. They've got quality throughout, just like us. And I know it's fashionable to hate on Bob Sanders here in NE, but you have to admit he's the perfect focal point to Dungy's Cover-2.
     
  13. newton_tom_cat

    newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    maybe, and fortunately they didn't rest on their laurels.
     
  14. Satchboogie3

    Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2007
    Messages:
    2,284
    Likes Received:
    3
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

    To tell you guys the truth, I am scared of the Colts. We are the better team, but even if we have an 75% chance of winning, there is still that 25%. I don't want to end up on that 25% side again.
     
  15. Dr Pain

    Dr Pain Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    They are already planning it on the Colts board. They seem to overlook that they have a game in 13 hours.
     
  16. newton_tom_cat

    newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    I agree, let's get it on. I think these 2 teams are just at such a higher level than the others, it will be a great super-intense game. Brady versus Manning, when it's clear this is a proxy Super Bowl. Could go down as one of the greatest games ever.
     
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  17. jcdavey

    jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Messages:
    4,669
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    knowing that actual players/coaches are not as retarded as their fans

    there's no way the team itself will overlook anyone
     
  18. NEPatriot

    NEPatriot Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2004
    Messages:
    7,839
    Likes Received:
    11
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

    The Jags were right with us for the 1st 1/2. Anyone can beat us on any given day. While I'd prefer to play the Bolts, they're still a scary team.
     
  19. Dr Pain

    Dr Pain Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Not true. When the Patriots were beaten by the Broncos, the Colts were so certain they had it wrapped up they played like crap and lost to the Steelers despite the Reffs best efforts to hand it to them.
     
  20. jcdavey

    jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Messages:
    4,669
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    ya know i saw a stat that said over the past 4 seasons the pats colts and chargers are 1-2-3 in terms of most wins, so we're right on schedule with those 3 teams being the last remaining afc teams
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>