PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Globe declares the Sox still own Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball needs serious changes but if they made the necessary changes they'd have to deal with the howling from idiot purists and people who think that Baseball is some sort of parable about the human soul or something equally pretentious.

It would be a good thing it Baseball enforced its rules.

There is a time clock in baseball but never enforced. If it was, the games would not be the interminable and boring4-5 hour affairs the have become, but rather the 1-2 hour games they used to be...

There's important insight from an annual survey of New England sports fans by Channel Media & Market Research. The Sudbury firm polled more than 14,200 people from Aug. 24-30 on a range of topics about the city’s five professional sports teams — the Pats, Sox, Bruins, Celtics and Revolution. Here we some of the findings:

• New England sports fans are down on the Red Sox — especially the decision by the team’s bosses to jettison popular game caller Don Orsillo — and fewer fans than ever are willing to call the Fenway nine their favorite sports team, according to a new survey.
  • The Patriots remain 
the region’s top team by 
almost a 2-1 margin over the Sox

Not to be rude but I still do not understand the relevance of this story ...
Popularity has always fluctuated proportionally to team performance ...

but why does it matter other than the price charged to advertisers.

There's important insight from an annual survey of New England sports fans by Channel Media & Market Research. The Sudbury firm polled more than 14,200 people from Aug. 24-30 on a range of topics about the city’s five professional sports teams — the Pats, Sox, Bruins, Celtics and Revolution. Here we some of the findings:

• New England sports fans are down on the Red Sox — especially the decision by the team’s bosses to jettison popular game caller Don Orsillo — and fewer fans than ever are willing to call the Fenway nine their favorite sports team, according to a new survey.
  • The Patriots remain 
the region’s top team by 
almost a 2-1 margin over the Sox

Ya know, a link would be dandy.

I'm sure you would never cut and paste someone else's work and use it as your own.

Not to be rude but I still do not understand the relevance of this story ...
Popularity has always fluctuated proportionally to team performance ...

but why does it matter other than the price charged to advertisers.

That's a great question to ask the BOSTON GLOBE, Icy! After all, it is THEY who are publishing the stories in their newspaper falsely claiming that Boston is still a Baseball-first town.

right now. the Sox don't even own the A.L. East. Blue Jays baby!

Go Pats!

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but how is this even possible? I just heard on the radio TODAY that out of like 14k bostonians polled, the pats are number 1 with like 43% of the vote, next closest is red sox with 24%! And Bruins at 23%, was surprised by that I'll admit.

Is it Shank or Mazz spewing this utter nonsense ?

That's a great question to ask the BOSTON GLOBE, Icy! After all, it is THEY who are publishing the stories in their newspaper falsely claiming that Boston is still a Baseball-first town.

They own the freaking team .... they recently heavily edited CHB's story about Orsillo I hear.

They own the freaking team .... they recently heavily edited CHB's story about Orsillo I hear.

Actually, the team owns THEM.

And, yes, that fact and their bias needs to be called out time and again so as to ensure the public takes their propoganda for exactly what it is.

Last edited:
Lol okay.

I'd take this more seriously if the boston globe wasn't owned by the red sox owners.
Exactly. What does anyone expect them to say? Oh, the Red Sox are entirely irrelevant in this town now!

Ehh. All things being equal (if the Sox had the same or similar amount of success the Pats had over the past 15 years), it would probably tilt towards the Red Sox. It would be a real football town if the Pats actually played in Boston, and were named the Boston Patriots (I'd be indifferent either way but I do like the incorporation of New England altogether). It's just hard to claim the Pats as "Boston's team"* when A) they don't play in Boston and B) they aren't even the Boston Patriots

*except for in a situation like now where they've been dominating the league for the past decade and a half

Ehh. All things being equal (if the Sox had the same or similar amount of success the Pats had over the past 15 years), it would probably tilt towards the Red Sox. It would be a real football town if the Pats actually played in Boston, and were named the Boston Patriots (I'd be indifferent either way but I do like the incorporation of New England altogether). It's just hard to claim the Pats as "Boston's team"* when A) they don't play in Boston and B) they aren't even the Boston Patriots

*except for in a situation like now where they've been dominating the league for the past decade and a half

Three years ago the Red Sox won the World Series and the region were like "Hey, that's great. Who are the Pats playing this weekend?".

To say they would be as popular if they had similar success is kinda silly considering the Red Sox have won more championships over the last 10 years than the Patriots. Over the last 15 years, the Pats have had 4 Super Bowl wins and the Red Sox has had 3 World Series wins. I know in recent years, the Red Sox have been horrible but the Patriots surpassed the Red Sox when they were still winning the division or getting the Wild Card every year and winning World Series every few years.

The fact of the matter is that kids don't like baseball like they used to and the die hard Red Sox fans have a large segment either dying off or retiring to Florida.

Exactly. What does anyone expect them to say? Oh, the Red Sox are entirely irrelevant in this town now!

Geez, Rochrist, that's a bit of a jump from stating that they OWN the town, dontcha think?

.......there's room for something a little more "truthy" in between those two extremes.

Geez, Rochrist, that's a bit of a jump from stating that they OWN the town, dontcha think?

.......there's room for something a little more "truthy" in between those two extremes.
You might have a point!

I work at a golf course in MA...Sundays at 1...are now dead...AM busy...everyone wants to be home for the Pats...Sox? HA

Only in baseball can you finish last place in your division three times in the last four years, and have this much complacency at the end of your season. Enough with the sentimental gestures .... just focus on playing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back