PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges gives the Pats a grade of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats60 said:
if the pats had taken Bush and Mario Borges would still
give them a b+
if he gave B+ for yesterday...it might a D tommorow for the overall draft from him...
i just dont understand why he has to be so sarcastic about every thing he says about BB like the running back selection.does he even remember what he himself said about seymour ?

Digger44 said:
i just cannot beliee somebody read his grade and cared what he wrote.

Hah. You saw the title of this thread and just had to peek yourself so believe my friend believe.

(don't get mad at me - I'm just having a little harmless fun)

Frankly I would think people would be a little more concerned that Borges thinks it was a good draft. Doesn't that bode ill?

Patters said:
Note also he gave the Jets an A+, another dig at BB, no doubt.

It's always possible that he relished giving that grade a little extra.

But in this case though I just think he's seeing what a lot of people are seeing...that the Jets had themselves a very nice first day of the draft. Possibly the two best offensive linemen? And a QB to groom who won't cost them a fortune? Excellent.

Just curious.

Is there really anyone less qualified to give draft grades then Borgess.

His track record is laughable.

You could get a more accurate read of this draft from a magic 8 ball then reading anything he comes up with!

Yeah, if you think RB's comments after NFL Draft Day 1 are interesting, wait 'til we see his overall grade. That should be priceless, as the Pats confounded every prediction by the media. Most had this draft pegged for restocking the D. In reality, I believe only 3 of the 10 players taken were for the defense.

I find it interesting that anyone would question taking a TE, as the Pats have had injuries to all 3 TEs over the past couple seasons. In addition, this season will be particularly interesting with Mills in the mix. It gives the team flexibility to play Watson at a WR position in certain circumstances, as he's got the speed and height to use CBs. In addition with Thomas & Mills available, expect to see more formations using the H-back position with one or two TEs in the lineup. Also, expect to see him as a fullback in other situations. The beauty here is that with certain personnel and motion, they can really flex things up and further confuse the opposing D. Brady is going to love this!

So, what in h3ll is going to be done about the Pats' D? Given the remaining FA period and the room under the cap the team currently has, they should be able to fill the remaining gaps. Is the D really as bad as last year's ranking? Only if they continue to have injuries to key players. Do they still need to get younger on D? Yes, but they've just given themselves a huge injection of youth and speed on O! The philosophy is to take it when it's there, and today and yesterday, it was there!

sarge said:
Just curious.

Is there really anyone less qualified to give draft grades then Borgess.

It's a toss up between him and Prisco. Actually, many may disagree with me, but I dislike Borges a little less than Prisco.

shmessy said:
Good question, I'm sure Cedric Cobbs, Antoine Womack and their families would wonder also.
Don't forget J.R. Redmond!

ClevTrev said:
Is the D really as bad as last year's ranking?

That depends. If we have seven DBs on injured reserve and play half the season again without Bruschi and Seymour, then, yes, we'll probably suck on defense. If we can actually go a year without having to sign street free agents on Wednesday and start them in the secondary on Sunday, then we'll probably be pretty solid.

The Pats have arguably the best defensive front seven in football.

Most teams would have finished 5-11 with the Pats' injuries last year.

I think we're planning on using all four TEs at once:D

• watson on the outside (SS).
  • thomas on outside (WS).
  • graham off LT.
  • mills and dillon (healthy) in the backfield.
talk about scaring the sht out of everyone. borges would have enough fodder for 20 columns.

monte kiffin would be on Bucs cam whining that it's not fair and calling for the league to change the rules.

we have to try this at least once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft