PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boomer, Phil Simms & Ed Reed on who's better, Brady or Manning (Hint, it's not Manning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply cannot believe that Simms thinks Peyton revolutionized the play action pass and no huddle offense. "Took it to new heights." He clearly needs to go back and watch the tape of the Patriots' one-word offense from 2011-2012. We were running plays so often and so successfully, the 'Phins D-linemen were complaining that they a) couldn't make substitutions and b) couldn't stop the same play over and over and over again.

And as for play actions? I think we can all agree that Brady's flea flickers are a thing of absolute beauty. The play from the 2007 Washington Redskins game immediately springs to mind, where Brady took the snap, dumped it to Moss who threw it back to Brady before he loaded up and unleashed it to Stallworth? Gaffney? One of the two. Or the 2009 59-0 blowout of Tennessee. Hand off to Green-Ellis, then back to Brady before hitting Moss in the back of the end zone.

Don't tell me that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady at the no huddle and play action. There's no argument to be made.

I love how Reed called them on that "Peyton changed the game" BS
Haven't seen the video so not sure what exactly was said in this regard. But I would definitely agree that many rules and points of emphasis were in fact change to suit Manning.

And that's part of what's so amazing about BB/TB: They've always adapted to any change, including rules designed to hold them back.

Simms said Brady was more accomplished. Didn't say he was the better QB.
That's a stupid terminology. Started by Peyton lovers who know they cannot compare the 2, so they say most accomplished instead of GOAT.

Right now Tebow is better than Manning.

That's a stupid terminology. Started by Peyton lovers who know they cannot compare the 2, so they say most accomplished instead of GOAT.
Yeah, Simms was weird about it. Clearly he would like to say Manning is better, but it's impossible to do that at this point and retain any credibility. So he mumbles about "accomplished."

I thought he used to be OK, but it's really time to put him out to pasture.

No longer ashamed I own an Ed Reed jersey :D

Manning has Brady beat with his possum play and phantom sacks.

Pure genius I tell you. To be able to flop and get up before the whistle is blown is a skill mastered by no other.

ap_steelers_broncos_football_789413782.jpg

And you can't talk about Manning without mentioning his sixth sense which screams "fall you yellow bastard FALL!!

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GIF: Peyton Manning, sacked by the aura of the Chiefs defensive line <a href="The Cauldron on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/NXaQS5mpeI</a></p>&mdash; The Cauldron (@TheCauldron) <a href="">September 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They making it sound like Manning was revolutionary, lmao!

No, Phil, Peyton Manning did not invent or popularize the no-huddle or the play action pass. FFS, I'm glad Reed immediately called him out on that becuase that's some ****ing nonsense.

Brandon Marshall Jets Receiver Who Hosting That Segment Also Said G O A T Tom Brady.

I simply cannot believe that Simms thinks Peyton revolutionized the play action pass and no huddle offense. "Took it to new heights." He clearly needs to go back and watch the tape of the Patriots' one-word offense from 2011-2012. We were running plays so often and so successfully, the 'Phins D-linemen were complaining that they a) couldn't make substitutions and b) couldn't stop the same play over and over and over again.

And as for play actions? I think we can all agree that Brady's flea flickers are a thing of absolute beauty. The play from the 2007 Washington Redskins game immediately springs to mind, where Brady took the snap, dumped it to Moss who threw it back to Brady before he loaded up and unleashed it to Stallworth? Gaffney? One of the two. Or the 2009 59-0 blowout of Tennessee. Hand off to Green-Ellis, then back to Brady before hitting Moss in the back of the end zone.

Don't tell me that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady at the no huddle and play action. There's no argument to be made.
Boomer works with Simms a lot and kind of plays both sides of the fence. As I've said before, Boomer is hot and cold. I see him on TV and he talks pretty good about TB, but when he's on THE FAN, he is a Goober Gobbler. "Peyton is the best and only QB who can read a D, calls plays on the fly...blah blah". It's very irritating. It's weird, I like the guy on the weekend on TV. But then during the week, In a NY market he flips. BTW, when I tell the locals that I like our chances, I get the "oh mr. Confident over here". People just love to hate the Pats. I love it. One more season of getting in everyone's craw.:D

This is one of those discussions that can go on and on. Granted, Brady wins ring #5.. in which another Manning defeat paved the way, may close the door on Manning being compared to Brady. Brady may also eclipse Montana who most have at the top only because he is 4 - 0 in SBs and has pedestrian QB stats versus Brady.

That's was a great game. The snow! I remember I was out at a bar with the little lady, jet fan bartender. I have a plague on my wall of that game. Good memories :D. "It was a good day "

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST