PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boomer, Phil Simms & Ed Reed on who's better, Brady or Manning (Hint, it's not Manning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those discussions that can go on and on. Granted, Brady wins ring #5.. in which another Manning defeat paved the way, may close the door on Manning being compared to Brady. Brady may also eclipse Montana who most have at the top only because he is 4 - 0 in SBs and has pedestrian QB stats versus Brady.
...but, but, Montana also invented how to run the West Coast offense...blah, blah, blah

Who cares? Let's go out and win Sunday and leave the debate for the loser.Brady has nothing to prove anymore.

I hope the OP doesn't get offended because this is not meant to be that. I just don't care what anyone has to say anymore. We bash these guys one week and then celebrate them when they say something good about Brady. It's comical and the nature of fans, I know. But the debate was over to me like five years ago, and it's not because that's when I realized Brady was better. It's because that's just when I made up in my mind to stop fighting against the people picking Manning because I realized why they were doing it and that it had nothing to do with merit. It's stats and fancy theatrics at the line. It had everyone fooled. If I'm being honest, it actually upsets me that a lot of these guys are saying Brady now. They're only saying it now because Manning looks the way Manning looks, so they CAN'T deny it. If Manning was still playing at a high level but Tom was still winning SB's, I'm sure they'd still be saying Manning. Some of you may disagree with that, and I'd understand why. But I just feel that way about it.

I literally said at work last Wednesday to a Niner's guy, and I told him he can have Joe and those who want Manning can have him too and Marino and Elway, et al. I'm going Brady 11 times out of 10. I don't give a sh*t anymore what anyone else thinks on the matter. It is Brady and, frankly, it always was.

I have heard that the Hasslbeck kids spent their youth at the Patriots facility because his father was on the team. That was a previous owner, could his attitude be related to some issue with his fathers relationship with the team that is driving this? Does Matt H. feel the same way?

Don't tell me that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady at the no huddle...

Peyton is WAY more theatrical, though. Lots more hand waving, lots more yelling. People naturally think that, with all his effort, he MUST be up to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST