PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden deal done - 4 years, $22M ($10M GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Very cool, Schefter says that the Pats have an 'agreement in principle' with Bodden. Nice. It's not as 100% solid as getting his signature on the contract. But this makes me feel much better.

Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

Adam Schefter (Adam_Schefter) on Twitter

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Shefter + Lomardi = Gold

When Schefter moved to liespn I was really sad.

Delighted that Schefter has reported this, he must be the first guy to go there and retain his credibility.

Last edited:

Schefter reported his own birth, he is the prophet.

Do not doubt him.
lol, awesome. :rocker:

@Tom__Brady just posted on @AlvinKeels twitter page. Can't be the real TB, right?

Fingers crossed on Bodden. I much rather have Dave Thomas than NO's #7. He was a #3 pick.

Boddeold them he was going to re-signt with the Pats, it got leaked out, and his agent is just trying to hold out for a few more sheckles. Bodden will be back. The Ppats have done an outstanding job of taking care of their own this off-season. They still have 11 draft picks, plus of course, the Raiders #1 (and the Saints #7) next year.

Hope we got him signed.

When Schefter moved to liespn I was really sad.

Delighted that Schefter has reported this, he must be the first guy to go there and retain his credibility.
Yeah, the only thing more reliable than Schefter was SchefterWorkingForTheLeague.

Hope we got him signed.

Now let's sign Mason, some role players, grab some standout pass rushers and a playmaker on o in the draft and we're ready to go.

Schefter, Lombardi and Armando Sal..... whatever it is. Unless someone gets crazy and throws a safe at him before morning, this is a done deal.

I think everyone knows that Bodden is a GREAT #2 corner, not a bank-breaking #1. Including Leigh.

Sign on the dotted line beast!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Fantastic news! Now on to that #33 guy.

Well, I hope this is true. If it is I am going Kablooooey!!

Wilfork and Bodden were key. We've got ammunition to fill in the blanks now. i say draft a DE and some combo of draft, affordable FA for receive TE and OLB and we're looking pretty good.

I would love to acquire a smart vet for SILB and move Mayo to WILB. can be affordable because he doesn't need to be really athletic IMO. We can work in McKenzie and other young guys.

We need a stud OLB somehow too. If we get those two, our island of misfit toys at LB turns into a great lineup as TBC Burgess Woods Nincovich and Guyton now become depth and flexibility. Need a top rusher, who can set the edge, and play with his hand on the ground though to accomplish that.

Versatility is great, but you need one or two all around players and Mayo is 1. I am so psyched if Bodden's in the fold, he's a good looking complete CB to me.

Last edited:

Hopefully now that this is done the Pats will finally start making some moves in FA...we now have all of our main free agents protected...

Great news, maybe Bodden got to Houston and remembered how lousy the field is!

Warren--Wilfork--(unknown)

T. Banta-Cain--Mayo--Guyton--(unknown)

Butler--Meriweather--Sanders--Bodden

Only two starting spots on defense to fill and there's a long time to opening day. Looking good.

Only two starting spots on defense to fill and there's a long time to opening day. Looking good.

yep, and I would argue that even if we draft a DE, Wright will see a lot of action there.

The huge unknown is OLB.

I like Mike Wright at the other DE spot.

This is great news. Has it been verified anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes