PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden deal done - 4 years, $22M ($10M GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Agreement in principle. The agent is protesting it's not a done deal, but it's everywhere.

So, contract guys, what does this mean? Are they haggling about guaranteed money?

No I think NE offer on the table beats the Texans and the Texans wouldn't beat it. Bodden told them he's going to re-sign with NE, and the Texans leaked it (Bodden's agent certainly didn't leak it!).

I think his agent is trying to get a team to swoop in and blow away Bodden. Could happen, but unlikely.

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

McKenzie next to Mayo inside. Guyton moves back outside. Wright at DE.

Forgot all about Tyrone McKenzie...he could be a pivotal plot point movie forward...

No I think NE offer on the table beats the Texans and the Texans wouldn't beat it. Bodden told them he's going to re-sign with NE, and the Texans leaked it (Bodden's agent certainly didn't leak it!).

I think his agent is trying to get a team to swoop in and blow away Bodden. Could happen, but unlikely.

That's weaselmanship, I don't like it. Kick the agent in the ass and SIGN THE BEAST!!

According to Schefter, it just means that the contract is agreed upon but hasn't been signed yet.

Schefter: RT @McClain_on_NFL: Keels said nothing would be offcial until Tuesday. That means they have a deal, but Bodden hasn't signed yet.

I am happy to be wrong.

McKenzie next to Mayo inside. Guyton moves back outside. Wright at DE.

Guyton was awful when we played him outside in '08. I hope he's not the plan in '10. I'm more okay than most with Wright starting at DE, though, especially if Brace was going to supplant him as backup NT anyways.

Thanks man!

I was teasing, but I guess Schefter is the source they are all quoting, including Reiss. Lonbardi too.

Who's the agent BTW? Seems like an a-hole. Just come out and say "negotiations are made, signing tomorrow".

Great news.

According to Schefter, it just means that the contract is agreed upon but hasn't been signed yet.

Schefter: RT @McClain_on_NFL: Keels said nothing would be offcial until Tuesday. That means they have a deal, but Bodden hasn't signed yet.

So It's just because he's not here to sign it? Only thing that worries me is that tweet from his agent. Why was he being such a weasel? I want this signed, sealed and delivered.

I've been saying since he came to the team that Ninkovich is a player. He can set the edge and he plays smart and seems to be around the ball. I'll bet he plays a big part in the defense this season.

Completely agree.

I'm a big Ninkovich fan too, and would love to see him get an increased role this year. I hope nobody's penciling him in as a starter yet, though.

So It's just because he's not here to sign it? Only thing that worries me is that tweet from his agent. Why was he being such a weasel? I want this signed, sealed and delivered.

That's what it seemed to be saying to me, and I'd guess that his agent just wants to let everyone else know that they're still all ears if someone comes in at the buzzer and beats the Pats' offer (which, at this point, doesn't look like it'll happen). It's definitely not ideal, but it's good news for sure.

Guyton was awful when we played him outside in '08. I hope he's not the plan in '10. I'm more okay than most with Wright starting at DE, though, especially if Brace was going to supplant him as backup NT anyways.

We agree on Wright and Brace but not Guyton. I agree his play outside was lacking but the sample was too small to judge fairly IMHO. He was the fastest LB in the entire draft and I would like to see that speed off of the edge one more time before moving him back inside.

Here's my twitter convo with Mike Lombardi. Hard to argue...

SkinlessJSn @michaelombardi Keels is refuting you, Mike. I think he's trying to not get scooped. What's your response?

michaelombardi @SkinlessJSn I am right

Quote:
SkinlessJSn @michaelombardi Keels is refuting you, Mike. I think he's trying to not get scooped. What's your response?
Quote:
michaelombardi @SkinlessJSn I am right

Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back