PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden deal done - 4 years, $22M ($10M GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Have you all forgotten about Mr. Crable? ;-)

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

yep, and I would argue that even if we draft a DE, Wright will see a lot of action there.

The huge unknown is OLB.

I bet Wright will start opening day while a rookie develops.

I do expect a rookie to start from day 1 at OLB, or Shawn Crable I guess, lol.
(Afalius will be gone)

Crable is a myth. The dude doesn't exist.

Warren--Wilfork--(unknown)

T. Banta-Cain--Mayo--Guyton--(unknown)

Butler--Meriweather--Sanders--Bodden

Only two starting spots on defense to fill and there's a long time to opening day. Looking good.

That actually looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. Anyone know what the heck is going on with Shawn Crable btw?

Hopefully now that this is done the Pats will finally start making some moves in FA...we now have all of our main free agents protected...

say what now

More like Made of Glass Crable. I think BB will give him one more shot in TC.

I bet Wright will start opening day while a rookie develops.

I do expect a rookie to start from day 1 at OLB, or Shawn Crable I guess, lol.
(Afalius will be gone)

Ninkovich I think over Crable.

Only two starting spots on defense to fill and there's a long time to opening day. Looking good.

McKenzie next to Mayo inside. Guyton moves back outside. Wright at DE.

I'll be very, very surprised if Chung does not make a big jump in year 2 and supplants Sanders. Though I love so much of what Sanders brings, Chung is going to be a player.

Ninkovich I think over Crable.

I've been saying since he came to the team that Ninkovich is a player. He can set the edge and he plays smart and seems to be around the ball. I'll bet he plays a big part in the defense this season.

I just got back from the gym. Is this legit or not!?

According to Reiss, Adam Shefter is reporting that Bodden has agreed to a deal in principle but no contract has been signed. According to Bodden's agent nothing has been signed and won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.

Agreement in principle. The agent is protesting it's not a done deal, but it's everywhere.

So, contract guys, what does this mean? Are they haggling about guaranteed money?

schefter is reporting he is coming back

Agreement in principle. The agent is protesting it's not a done deal, but it's everywhere.

So, contract guys, what does this mean? Are they haggling about guaranteed money?

Where's everywhere? Any links?

I thought his real identity was "The Invisible Man."
Apparently "Shawn Crable" is his civvie identity.

That is huge. That improves our prospects markedly.

It's legit, Schefter is reporting they have agreed in principle and he's never wrong about this stuff. Lombardi jumped the gun and/or worded it poorly with his Pats have re-signed Bodden statement. There's a difference between re-signing and agreeing in principle and Bodden's agent took exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes