PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden deal done - 4 years, $22M ($10M GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Lombardi is about as well connected as it gets. It is only not official because Bodden is most likely on a plane on his way back from houston to sign. His agent is just telling the truth that "nothing is official". My guess is he verbally agreed and is on his way back. I trust Lombardi.

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

*fingers crossed*

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"

Ok, Schefter saying we've 'reached agreement in principle' with Bodden.

Lombardi is about as well connected as it gets. It is only not official because Bodden is most likely on a plane on his way back from houston to sign. His agent is just telling the truth that "nothing is official". My guess is he verbally agreed and is on his way back. I trust Lombardi.

Same here. Lombardi knows and Keels is trying to avoid the chaos of twitter news reaching the Texans before his phone call. Or keeping a tiny window open for a sweep-in offer.

he is back adam schefter, just said it

I have yet to see Lombardi blow one on these breaking news stories - not to mention he has a relationship with Belichick - so while it's not as good as ten minutes ago, it still looks real good from here.

Schefter has it...

"Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden." (Twitter)

Boddeold them he was going to re-signt with the Pats, it got leaked out, and his agent is just trying to hold out for a few more sheckles. Bodden will be back. The Ppats have done an outstanding job of taking care of their own this off-season. They still have 11 draft picks, plus of course, the Raiders #1 (and the Saints #7) next year.

Woot! :rocker:

he is back adam schefter, just said it

hahahaha. Welcome back Bodden. :D We missed you.

*fingers crossed*

Now glue them that way!

From schefter's twitter:

Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.
3 minutes ago via UberTwitter

If Schefter says it, I believe it.

Boddeold them he was going to re-signt with the Pats, it got leaked out, and his agent is just trying to hold out for a few more sheckles. Bodden will be back. The Ppats have done an outstanding job of taking care of their own this off-season. They still have 11 draft picks, plus of course, the Raiders #1 (and the Saints #7) next year.

yeah, I think Bodden told the Texans he was re-signing with the Pats, and that's how it got leaked out. Keels is in damage control to hold for a few more dimes....

I am reposting this...

Per Twitter:

AlvinKeels Leigh has always indicated his desire to return to New England but nothing is official and probably will not be until 2mrw at the earliest

It seems like he is saying he will be re-signing, but the deal will be done tomorrow.

Shefter is pretty much the rubber stamp these days.
I like the butler/bodden combo going into the future.

Schefter reported his own birth, he is the prophet.

Do not doubt him.

Bodden-Butler. That's going to be a sick duo for years to come. NO MORE REVOLVING DOOR AT CB WOO!

I really hope this goes through, Butler and Bodden sound good enough to get us into position in the next few years, assuming we upgrade our front seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes