PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE back in the fold assuming he is cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolden seems to have better receiving skills.

Its make or break for Bolden. I like him, but he has to step up or be gone.

It's hard for me to try and project anything with Bolden. There are pluses and minuses just like any player, and our overall RB situation and future plans may coincide with seeing him tendered as an RFA next spring just the same.

He improved on his pass catching ability last season with 21 grabs, and has shown them a solid 2 year ypc average of almost 5.0 yds per carry. On top of that he just turned 24 in January, so he's very young for having 2 years in our system. He also contributes on special teams as well.

Sometimes I get the feeling that he's a quality depth guy who can start if needed, and that we couldn't do all that much better by signing/keeping anyone else. Other times I agree with you that he's a couple of bad plays away from being cut. I'd agree with you that a solid camp could go a long way for Bolden though, so that's probably the main point.

It's hard for me to try and project anything with Bolden. There are pluses and minuses just like any player, and our overall RB situation and future plans may coincide with seeing him tendered as an RFA next spring just the same.

He improved on his pass catching ability last season with 21 grabs, and has shown them a solid 2 year ypc average of almost 5.0 yds per carry. On top of that he just turned 24 in January, so he's very young for having 2 years in our system. He also contributes on special teams as well.

Sometimes I get the feeling that he's a quality depth guy who can start if needed, and that we couldn't do all that much better by signing/keeping anyone else. Other times I agree with you that he's a couple of bad plays away from being cut. I'd agree with you that a solid camp could go a long way for Bolden though, so that's probably the main point.

I notice that Bolden gets no snaps or very few some games. Ive always believed that RB is the type of position where you need to develop a rhythm having several snaps to really showcase what you can do.

Perhaps Bolden is just being out worked and hasnt earned the playing time like the other RBs.

I understand you're looking at this in the context of bringing him back, but I'm not. We already have Bolden, and I hope we take a kid plus one on the PS. No more RB's near the end of their careers.. that usually backfires.

OK, sounds like we actually agree. I totally appreciate what Lawfirm did while he was here, I'm glad that he got a significant payday (on someone else's dime :)), and I don't think he has much to offer moving forward.

LawFirm > Bolden, so Yes I would re-sign him if available, unless Houston somehow blows up TC.

I would also like to see Brian Leonard signed to be our FB/5th RB. Develin was a nice story, I guess,
but now let's give talent a chance.

Not really that high on either BJGE or Bolden. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see an UDFA catch on at the bottom of the RB depth chart.

Jack, pls PM me with any private pics you have of that blond hottie on this year's show

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST