PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Linebacker Preston Brown interested in signing with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bills won’t let him go to NE. they aren’t run by rex ryan anymore.

Ryan had no decision power over what players were paid how much or over who was kept, acquired, allowed to walk, etc. That was ownership (the Pegulas) and the FO and GM (Doug Whaley at the time; Billy Beane since 2016).

Can he cover wheel routes & TE seam routes in RedZone . These two are becoming a nemesis for pats D

If u look at the crucial plays like
1) Marshawn Lynch wheel route before the 2 minute warning on final drive
2) Corey Clement in Latest SB
3) Jags 3rd RB burning us on Wheel routes

We can go on and on for TE Seam Routes ..

One LB like Luke will swallow all these things

Can he cover wheel routes & TE seam routes in RedZone . These two are becoming a nemesis for pats D

Luke is a special player. I think the closet thing to him in this draft is Nick DeLuca, but he struggles with huge injuries, if he wasn't injured he'd be up there.

You're right, but it's hard to find a Luke. We took Jerod Mayo top 10 and while he was a great player, he wasn't what you describe. And that's with a top 10 pick.

I would love to have Preston Brown here. Position of huge need, and he's exactly the kind of LB that we need and that Belichick might actually sign. He has the size that Belichick looks for in his LBs, which seems to be a must to get serious consideration here. And those are some of the better outcomes.

You're right, but it's hard to find a Luke. We took Jerod Mayo top 10 and while he was a great player, he wasn't what you describe. And that's with a top 10 pick.

Yeah, that's kinda like other teams saying all they have to do is go find a Gronk clone in the draft. Cool sentiment, and it's not exactly wrong, but... it's not going to happen. Teams have spent the past decade trying to draft the next Gronk, and they just ended up with a bunch of Kyle Rudolphs and Tyler Eiferts instead.

Yeah, that's kinda like other teams saying all they have to do is go find a Gronk clone in the draft. Cool sentiment, and it's not exactly wrong, but... it's not going to happen. Teams have spent the past decade trying to draft the next Gronk, and they just ended up with a bunch of Kyle Rudolphs and Tyler Eiferts instead.

True. After they made Gronk, they used the mold as a beer bong.

And then forgot where they left it.

Preston Brown has an impressive resume. I feel he would be a tackling machine for the Patriots. We haven't had that type of full field tackling presence since Mayo. No dig on High, just feel that Mayo had the superior sideline to sideline tackling ability.

It sounds like Brown is already sold on the Pats as a destination. Hopefully the interest is shared by BB and we can come to a reasonable contractual agreement that works with our cap.

I am not saying exactly Luke but we need some Speedy LB who can cover Horizontally.We are very slow as a defense even with High T

Coverage LB like Bobby Wagner's are found in round 2 .. Well we just missed him by a spot and took ahem ahem ahem Tavon Wilson

I am not saying exactly Luke but we need some Speedy LB who can cover Horizontally.We are very slow as a defense even with High T

Coverage LB like Bobby Wagner's are found in round 2 .. Well we just missed him by a spot and took ahem ahem ahem Tavon Wilson

That's pretty much the same thing as before though. Wagner is not the kind of guy any non-braindead GM just finds every year in the 2nd. There's an element of timing and luck.

That's pretty much the same thing as before though. Wagner is not the kind of guy any non-braindead GM just finds every year in the 2nd. There's an element of timing and luck.

It also doesn't hurt to be drafting in the middle of every round after a 7-9 season.

BTW, Philly had gone 8-8 in 2011, and drafted Kendricks with the pick before SEA took Wagner. Philly also took Fletcher Cox in the 1st round in 2012. And they went from 8-8 in 2011 to 4-12 in 2012.

Landon Collins
Who is Elandon Collins and where did Gronk say that?
Landon Collins is a LB for the Giants. I don't know where Gronk was specifically located when he expressed displeasure, but it seems it was during camp this past season.

Would be a nice upgrade over Elandon Roberts. Sign him and Marquis Flowers and you're in business.

WE NEED
three additions not one. I'm fine with Brown, Harrison plus a draftee.
===============
MLB: Hightower, Brown, Van Noy

OLB: Flowers and two from
Rivers
Langi
Grisby
Harrison
McClellan (likely to retire)

==============
I wouldn't say all done. We would still need an OLB and a backup. I suspect that Harrison will be signed, and that Hightower will be playing a lot of OLB. If the is the case, we'd have

MLB: Brown, Van Noy plus backup
OLB: Hightower, Rivers, Harrison

The #6 LB would be from
draftee
Roberts
Langi
Grisby
McClellan (likely to retire)

Grigsby measured 6'0"/220lb, pre-draft out of Arizona. UDFA signed by the Rams in 2016. Got zero snaps on defense, 130 snaps on ST in six games in 2016. Released by the Rams in final cutdowns last September.

Signed to the Raven's P-squad a couple weeks later in September, where he stayed until the Pats poached him right after Thanksgiving, right after the MIA game in which Ebner was injured. He saw 14 snaps on defense - all late in the season finale v. the Jets - plus 79 ST snaps over five games (where he made an immediate impact).

At this point, I only count him as an ELE-reserve at LB.

Landon Collins

Landon Collins is a LB for the Giants. I don't know where Gronk was specifically located when he expressed displeasure, but it seems it was during camp this past season.

oh, i see. i think he is a safety, though. good player, but overrated as per usual out of ny.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
oh, i see. i think he is a safety, though. good player, but overrated as per usual out of ny.
You dumb f###, instead of always assuming you know everything about what everyone is saying here, how about you do a little homework before you make an *** of yourself? In fact, here's a little assignment perhaps even you can complete: google Landon Collins Belichick. God, in real life you're probably an OK guy, but, here? Honestly, slow it the f### down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back