PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Linebacker Preston Brown interested in signing with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it if signed he’s our Elandon Roberts upgrade.

Count me in!

EDIT: on further inspection, I do one one big gripe on this:

25722B04-4EA0-4EFA-8C2D-D3EDA067ADBB.jpeg

Please tell me he isn’t that slow. Ugh

That would get me pretty amped up for next year. Get it done!

Count me in!

EDIT: on further inspection, I do one one big gripe on this:

View attachment 19705

Please tell me he isn’t that slow. Ugh

Meh. Unless they're returning picks or fumbles, if your LBs are running 40 yards on a regular basis in games, you're f**ked, anyway.

The way more important numbers for Brown:
... 1.64 10yd split .. 4.26 shuttle .. 6.98 3-cone

That shuttle would be 2nd-best to KVN, and that 3-cone would be the best among Pats LBs by far. BTW, Brown has 33.5" arms and 10.25" hands.

Sounds like a marketing ploy by Preston Brown, tell the world he wants to be a Patriot, and all of a sudden his value increases based on those comments.. imagine in the "bowels of Ralph Wilson" the Bills front office are moving money around to make sure he does not become a Patriot and remain a Bill for the rest of his career..

Smart move on his and his agent's part..

Can’t be any worse than Richards...

Speaking of whom, I think I may have come up with a better term/acronym for special teams players who should never see the field on defense except under the most extreme circumstances. Instead of "STO" for "Special Teams Only", how about "ELE-backup" for "Extinction Level Event"?

Sounds like a marketing ploy by Preston Brown, tell the world he wants to be a Patriot, and all of a sudden his value increases based on those comments.. imagine in the "bowels of Ralph Wilson" the Bills front office are moving money around to make sure he does not become a Patriot and remain a Bill for the rest of his career..

Smart move on his and his agent's part..

The Bills have only about $29M in (projected) 2018 cap space, and a bunch of other very valuable "in-house" UFAs to re-sign, some of whom (e.g. Kyle Williams) may not be cheap.

When the article said he would prefer to stay in Buffalo if they matched the money, made me think he was probably trying to drive up the price by mentioning us....

He would definitely be an upgrade but I think it's a longshot that he signs with us. Let's hope I'm wrong though.;);)

He's going to get overpaid just because of how free agency tends to play out. If his market were down he could be a potential steal but it's not down.

I'd be down for it. He seemed more fluid in coverage after changing his diet and shedding a little weight this past season. He's a very solid run defender, too, and has remained healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back