PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons live Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
BS is doing a live marathon chat right now. here's his latest response to another Easterbrook question:

Owen, Boston: What are your thoughts on Gregg Easterbrook's continued assault on the Patriots in his TMQ column? It seems to me that Easterbrook got all hot and bothered about the Spygate controversy and predicted Belichick wouldn't be the coach by the end of the season. Then when it turned out to be not that big of a deal, he looked stupid, so he turned into a conspiracy theorist and bitterly complains about running up the score. Either that or he is actually Ron Borges in disguise.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (3:40 PM ET ) I am a big believer that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that writers should be coming up with their own material instead of complaining about stuff that other writers wrote. With that said, the Good/Evil column in which Gregg compared Brady's smirk to **** Cheney rubbed me the wrong way... if you're writing a satirical column (which he claimed was the case the following week), then the readers need to know that you're, um, being satirical.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (3:42 PM ET ) I've definitely written passages wrong over the years that didn't come out the way I had intended them to come out, but the only time I ever screwed up an entire column was the thing I wrote about New Orleans during Super Bowl week in 2002 - I was trying to be over the top about the city and I just did a bad job. So I would say that he did a bad job with that column, and he admitted as much the next week, although I don't think he was emphatic enough about it.

Please keep posting anything else Patriots related for those of us that don't have time to follow for hours.

SOMEONE ask Simmons about NBC showing Brady's audio calls, versus our huge penalty for sideline video.

Aaron (Warwick, RI): So do the Pats sign Moss to a multi-year contract or have to slap him with the franchise tag?

Bill Simmons: (4:17 PM ET ) If I had to bet on it, I'd say that he's one and done - they caught him at the perfect point - he's playing for a new contract, he's getting a ton of attention, he loves playing on a great team and playing with Brady... the way it's turned out, it's been like a phenomenal run at a blackjack table. After the season, I think they should just color up, take their money and wish him the best.

Bill Simmons: (4:17 PM ET ) Unless he's willing to play for lkess than he's worth.

Interesting that he feels that way, almost resigned to the fact that all the Pats will get is this one great season from Moss and he's a goner.

Interesting that he feels that way, almost resigned to the fact that all the Pats will get is this one great season from Moss and he's a goner.

and simmons also supports the theory that the pats dont have a running game. Take him for what he is. another fan .

Bill (Cleveland, OH): Ever considered Belichick intentionally got caught for the spygate thing? I can totally see him being somewhat stumped on what he could do to take his team to the next level, so he decided to give them something to make them feel slighted so they would be extra motivated.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (5:20 PM ET ) People keep asking me this - I just don't see it, he cares too much about his place in history. It's too improbable.

Ok I got the question through but the answer wasn't very extensive:

Will (DC): Bill, isn't it a little unfair that the Pats get raked through the mud over "spygate" but then NBC airs Brady's line calls nonstop throughout the Philly game?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (5:31 PM ET ) What, you didn't think it was fair that everyone in the country now knows what the "Omaha" audible means?

Rob, Boston: Pick one to happen... Pats going 19-0 or the Celtics winning it all?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (6:22 PM ET ) I couldn't. I just couldn't pick that. It's like picking between parents if only one of them could live in the choice. I can't do it.

Danny (Findlay, OH): Next time you see Rob Neyer are you going to have a Belichick-Mangino akward handshake moment or a Belichick-Mangino akward half man-hug moment?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (6:31 PM ET ) I'm going to give him the Belichick "Hmmm, you're the guy dating my kinky ex-girlfriend, great to meet you!" handshake/smirk.

Spencer (SLC, UT): Your thoughts on all the "blueprint" talk surrounding the Pats-Eagles game? Any truth to it, or did the Pats just have a bad day and the Eagles played really well?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (6:32 PM ET ) My only thought is this - why was this such a surprise? Blitz Brady, get physical with Moss, abuse the LB's with a quick RB and don't make mistakes. People are reacting like Jonas Salk just created the polio vaccine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes