PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons accuses ESPN of being 'in the bag for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no ****, espn is just the nfl network but with a vague acknowledgment that other sports exist too

I agree his arguing style needs work. I twittered him this pictureView attachment 10696
and this link because Sal mentioned how the Patriots don't fumble

How about a camera in the top (i.e. OK via current rules) half, controlled via the field? ;)

And I'll maintain that unless one is playing for the tie, opposing sides will work for a competitive advantage, which will always be construed as "cheating," until everyone is doing it...if they weren't already.

If anyone ever takes the time to actually listen to the podcast, be prepared. It is a Pats fan's frustration

Simmons has a buddy of his on the broadcast who is a Yankee/NYC fan. So basically while he acknowledges the fact that Goodell wildly over reacted and no one really ever cheated, he maintains, this was all just the owners trying to make up for spy gate affair when the Pats really did cheat and they got away with it. :rolleyes:

Right, because the biggest penalties in the history of the league constitutes "getting away with it".
o_O

That is why it's my worst nightmare, because Simmon's buddy comes out basically saying that there is no good guy here. Goodell over reacted and Brady and the Pats must have done "something", and even if they didn't they deserve it now, it was overue for spygate. :rolleyes: (we'll just ignore the fact that the Pats were penalized the largest draft pick and highest fine ever, for essentially putting a camera in the wrong place)

Yeah and the guy didn't even have the story straight. He said that Brady texted Mcnally and Jas "a hundred times" after he claimed he didn't really know them. The only texts Brady sent to them was after this whole kerfuffle blew up in the two weeks leading up the Super Bowl.

Then the ******* tries to make the case that Boston fans should just shut up and embrace the hate instead of just whining about the injustice all the time. As if we should all just ignore it when someone lies and defames you and pretend it didn't happen :rolleyes:

And then after Simmons told the story of his dad questioning Brady right after the "destroyed cellphone" story (which his father denies)....I couldn't listen any longer.

Yeah and the buddy chimes in "he should have just given them the texts and emails". o_O

So in the end Bill Simmons had the chance to stand up and tell a story. (specially since telling the truth had already cost him his job) Not the qualified story, but the one that cleared the Pats and indicted Goodell, and he just DIDN'T. Instead he kowtowed to smarmy smart-assed New Yorker who was way just too glib, and not nearly as smart as he thinks.

My take from that was that Bill wasn't really that familiar with the facts surrounding Framegate.

I really wanted to just punch him in the nose......but wait a second. Punching him in the nose would have been too manly a response for that kind of prig. Now that I think on it, all that jerk deserves is a couple of '***** splaps" and a kick in the nuts (assuming he had any)

Again buyer beware with the podcast. Granted I only listened for about 15 minutes. Maybe it got batter.

No, it didn't.

If anyone ever takes the time to actually listen to the podcast, be prepared. It is a Pats fan's frustration

Simmons has a buddy of his on the broadcast who is a Yankee/NYC fan. So basically while he acknowledges the fact that Goodell wildly over reacted and no one really ever cheated, he maintains, this was all just the owners trying to make up for spy gate affair when the Pats really did cheat and they got away with it. :rolleyes:

That is why it's my worst nightmare, because Simmon's buddy comes out basically saying that there is no good guy here. Goodell over reacted and Brady and the Pats must have done "something", and even if they didn't they deserve it now, it was overue for spygate. :rolleyes: (we'll just ignore the fact that the Pats were penalized the largest draft pick and highest fine ever, for essentially putting a camera in the wrong place)

Then the ******* tries to make the case that Boston fans should just shut up and embrace the hate instead of just whining about the injustice all the time. As if we should all just ignore it when someone lies and defames you and pretend it didn't happen :rolleyes:

And then after Simmons told the story of his dad questioning Brady right after the "destroyed cellphone" story (which his father denies)....I couldn't listen any longer.

So in the end Bill Simmons had the chance to stand up and tell a story. (specially since telling the truth had already cost him his job) Not the qualified story, but the one that cleared the Pats and indicted Goodell, and he just DIDN'T. Instead he kowtowed to smarmy smart-assed New Yorker who was way just too glib, and not nearly as smart as he thinks.

I really wanted to just punch him in the nose......but wait a second. Punching him in the nose would have been too manly a response for that kind of prig. Now that I think on it, all that jerk deserves is a couple of '***** splaps" and a kick in the nuts (assuming he had any)

Again buyer beware with the podcast. Granted I only listened for about 15 minutes. Maybe it got batter.

I wasn't impressed either. He clearly has not studied the science in the deflategate issue and I pretty sure he did not understand how Judge Berman made his ruling. Judge Berman did not use any of the evidence for his ruling.. Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back