PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons "hears" that Moss and AD are gone, BB is "blowing it up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Moss's stats, he had 6TDs in the Titans and Jaguars, watch those TDs and then ask yourself what the likely result would be if any good receiver could have made those catches if put into the play as opposed to Moss. So, was it due to the exemplary play of Moss that made those TDs possible or was it more a result of really bad defense.

So, I think the real questions should be "how much more does Moss give us than other players that can be signed for less" and "what can we get in trade for Moss"?

Re: Bill Simmons article - "What he hears"

Because he needs the praise. He is fragile.

Yep..........lamo

Not to mention he's due almost 12 Mill this year............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bye bye Mossy is my guess too(I'm hopeful).

He's not worth 12 mill either IMO, IDGAS what the Moss apologists and the stats say, I've watched him enough to see he's a slacker, and probably the LOUSIEST blocker I have EVER seen..why bother at all, you look like a damn fool with that charade ya clown.

UNREAL Talent at his craft, but doesn't bring the entire package of toughness and selling BS or good blocking IMO, and for 12 Mill per, ya better be bringing ALL to the table!!
And he ain't!!

Last edited:
“We knew he was going to shut it down,’’ Carolina cornerback Chris Gamble said after the game. “That’s what we wanted him to do . . . he’d just give up a lot - slow down, he’s not going deep, not trying to run a route. You can tell [by his] body language.

“I know everyone who plays against him, they can sense that. Once you get into him in the beginning of the game, he shuts it down a little bit.’’

“That’s what it is with him,’’ Harris said. “You get physical with him, and I don’t want to say he quits, but he kind of doesn’t run the routes the way they’re supposed to be run. If you get a jam on him, he’ll just ease up. He had the one catch, and he fumbled.’’

The Panthers corner said laziness by Moss telegraphed the route. So Gamble’s job was easy - break on the ball, catch the ball.

“That’s what I got out of it,’’ Gamble said. “He came out of [his break], but it wasn’t hard, and I broke on the ball.’’

Fade pattern from Moss - The Boston Globe

“He was frustrated in himself and the situation and it’s just something you’ve got to fight through’’ — Tom Brady

RANDY MOSS - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com

"The good thing about it is, there's going to be some good times and bad times in football," Moss said. "To have the fans and stadium behind us, it felt good. Definitely, my last performance here wasn't really too hot. So, for everybody to have fun, I think that was a good thing -- everybody having fun."

Randy Moss wins New England Patriots fans over by scoring three touchdowns in win over the Jacksonville Jaguars - ESPN Boston

1 catch for 16 yards and a fumble. A lousy break on a ball which was either fully or partially responsible for an interception. Members of opposing teams talking about it. Brady noting it and calling it "frustration". The shots of the sideline. Moss acknowledging it, at least to the extent of a "wasn't really too hot" performance.

Yeah, it's all about being anti-Moss and having no logic, evidence or facts. :rolleyes:

I don't want Moss gone if he wasn't a significant locker room problem. That doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge that there were issues with the man this season.

Last edited:
Regarding Moss's stats, he had 6TDs in the Titans and Jaguars, watch those TDs and then ask yourself what the likely result would be if any good receiver could have made those catches if put into the play as opposed to Moss. So, was it due to the exemplary play of Moss that made those TDs possible or was it more a result of really bad defense.

So, I think the real questions should be "how much more does Moss give us than other players that can be signed for less" and "what can we get in trade for Moss"?

Moss will cost the team less than $7 million in 'new' money this season. If the team gets rid of him, it will need to find at least 2 outside receivers, since Edelman in the slot will be all that's left. If there's any way you can live with him, you do that and bring in just one "definite/quality" receiver. After that, you might go dumpster diving in free agency, or look to the draft.

Of course, the question is whether Belichick can live with that or whether Simmons "hears" correctly.

Moss will cost the team less than $7 million in 'new' money this season. If the team gets rid of him, it will need to find at least 2 outside receivers, since Edelman in the slot will be all that's left. If there's any way you can live with him, you do that and bring in just one "definite/quality" receiver. After that, you might go dumpster diving in free agency, or look to the draft.

Of course, the question is whether Belichick can live with that or whether Simmons "hears" correctly.

I think it would be ALOT easier if Welker was healthy myself......no way Billy cuts Moss lose with GARBAGE healthy on the roster.

Yep..........lamo

Not to mention he's due almost 12 Mill this year............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bye bye Mossy is my guess too(I'm hopeful).

He's not worth 12 mill either IMO, IDGAS what the Moss apologists and the stats say, I've watched him enough to see he's a slacker, and probably the LOUSIEST blocker I have EVER seen..why bother at all, you look like a damn fool with that charade ya clown.

UNREAL Talent at his craft, but doesn't bring the entire package of toughness and selling BS or good blocking IMO, and for 12 Mill per, ya better be bringing ALL to the table!!
And he ain't!!

If Moss is truly a slacker and one of the main concerns for this football team, I guess we need to clear out almost the entire roster.

Mayo, slacker? Yup! Too lazy to shed blocks. IDGAS what the Mayo apologists and the stats say, Ive seen enough of him to know that he's weak, can't penetrate a hole to save his life, isn't mentally tough! If I'm gonna spend a first round pick on you, you better be Bringing it ALL to the table!!

Tom Tom Tom. Tom Terrific? More like Tom Terrible. IDGAS what the Brady apologists and his great stats on the yr. say. I saw a guy out there game in and game out that needed to wear a diaper. Cryin' to the officials about this, and that. Erratic deep balls where he couldn't hit an open man if his life depended on it. Brady, you used to be a leader, now you throw picks in crucial situations, showing that your nerves of ice have melted. Are you upset about those picks? No way man, you go sit on the sideline and gaze off to never never land. If you're gonna be eating up all this Cap space, and if you're gonna hold the role as the face of this franchise, then you better be Bringing it ALL to the table!!

Like what I did there? I could go on and on and on and do exactly what you just did. People could read my post and think I had either lost it and was just throwing random ignorant crap out there, and tell me the sky isnt falling, or people could take my side and blast anyone who blasts me by calling them an ignorant BB Kool-Aid drinkin delusional homer. This is getting stupid. If this is the face of the fans of this franchise...well, I guess the Black Hole has some people to make fun of now.

So TBH, if your post was satirical in the sense mine was, then I guess I apologize. If not...Come on man!

Fade pattern from Moss - The Boston Globe

RANDY MOSS - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com

Randy Moss wins New England Patriots fans over by scoring three touchdowns in win over the Jacksonville Jaguars - ESPN Boston

1 catch for 16 yards and a fumble. A lousy break on a ball which was either fully or partially responsible for an interception. Members of opposing teams talking about it. Brady noting it and calling it "frustration". The shots of the sideline. Moss acknowledging it, at least to the extent of a "wasn't really too hot" performance.

Yeah, it's all about being anti-Moss and having no logic, evidence or facts. :rolleyes:

I don't want Moss gone if he wasn't a significant locker room problem. That doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge that there were issues with the man this season.

And WTF do you expect the guy to say in a game that he didn't tear it up? He can't go out there and say that he very well tore it up. He cant say that his game was solid but there was this and this and that factor all causing me to not perform. He did what all athletes do in that type of situation. They admit their game wasn't as good as it could of been. Hes not going to tear it up week in and week out. Show me one guy out there who does. Every single team and every single player has issues every single season. Week in and week out.

I know you don't want the guy gone, but just doing this thing you do, helping feed the witch hunt and mass hysteria by posting links and saying "The guy said so himself." isn't doing anyone any good. The complaints that people are having with him at the moment make no sense at all. Unless of course you are one of the people complaining about his age, his cost against the cap, and the severity of his knee's and back problems. See, that makes sense, and Ill entertain that argument. I won't entertain the argument that he's quitting and shutting down on this team. I saw many of his games with the vikes, and saw several of his games at Oakland Coliseum. I saw the guy quit and shut down. I have yet to see him pull that **** here.

If Moss is truly a slacker and one of the main concerns for this football team, I guess we need to clear out almost the entire roster.

Mayo, slacker? Yup! Too lazy to shed blocks. IDGAS what the Mayo apologists and the stats say, Ive seen enough of him to know that he's weak, can't penetrate a hole to save his life, isn't mentally tough! If I'm gonna spend a first round pick on you, you better be Bringing it ALL to the table!!

Tom Tom Tom. Tom Terrific? More like Tom Terrible. IDGAS what the Brady apologists and his great stats on the yr. say. I saw a guy out there game in and game out that needed to wear a diaper. Cryin' to the officials about this, and that. Erratic deep balls where he couldn't hit an open man if his life depended on it. Brady, you used to be a leader, now you throw picks in crucial situations, showing that your nerves of ice have melted. Are you upset about those picks? No way man, you go sit on the sideline and gaze off to never never land. If you're gonna be eating up all this Cap space, and if you're gonna hold the role as the face of this franchise, then you better be Bringing it ALL to the table!!

Like what I did there? I could go on and on and on and do exactly what you just did. People could read my post and think I had either lost it and was just throwing random ignorant crap out there, and tell me the sky isnt falling, or people could take my side and blast anyone who blasts me by calling them an ignorant BB Kool-Aid drinkin delusional homer. This is getting stupid. If this is the face of the fans of this franchise...well, I guess the Black Hole has some people to make fun of now.

So TBH, if your post was satirical in the sense mine was, then I guess I apologize. If not...Come on man!

Do me a favor and get on this right here MossBoy, even YOU had to see Moss DOGGIN and SLACKING, ESPECIALLY on BLOCKS!!
Don't give me this garbage, noone that was watching is listening................crickets....

Brady? Brady was PATHETIC compared to the TFB of old, I have said this MANY times this winter, Lameass duckthrowing FOOL....... LOOK IT UP!!

Mayo? Mayo was a SHELL of the player we saw last year, I have given him grief as well, I've given him SOME relief due to injury, but I think he's over rated.

This is NOT pile on Moss, but MOSS WAS a big part of the OP, so if ya don't like it.........FO

Do me a favor and get on this right here MossBoy, even YOU had to see Moss DOGGIN and SLACKING, ESPECIALLY on BLOCKS!!
Don't give me this garbage, noone that was watching is listening................crickets....

Brady? Brady was PATHETIC compared to the TFB of old, I have said this MANY times this winter, Lameass duckthrowing FOOL....... LOOK IT UP!!

Mayo? Mayo was a SHELL of the player we saw last year, I have given him grief as well, I've given him SOME relief due to injury, but I think he's over rated.

This is NOT pile on Moss, but MOSS WAS a big part of the OP, so if ya don't like it.........FO

Talk about some real football. Not your over reacting impressions. Ive seen Moss perform admirably in the blocking dept. all season long. Does that mean hes going to execute properly all of the time? Does that mean the man isnt going to get out muscled, or schooled? It doesnt mean hes giving up on the plays every time you see him. Give up on some? Sure, I bet he does. So does Brady, so do a lot of great players around the league. Im not apologizing for no one. But I also see a guy out there that if we dump, this team will be in even more shambles than it is now.
I see a guy out there, that regardless of how you feel about him, he still makes our offense more dynamic. Stop strockin you Epeen buddy, the blood pressure will drop and you will feel so much better.

And WTF do you expect the guy to say in a game that he didn't tear it up? He can't go out there and say that he very well tore it up. He cant say that his game was solid but there was this and this and that factor all causing me to not perform. He did what all athletes do in that type of situation. They admit their game wasn't as good as it could of been. Hes not going to tear it up week in and week out. Show me one guy out there who does. Every single team and every single player has issues every single season. Week in and week out.

I know you don't want the guy gone, but just doing this thing you do, helping feed the witch hunt and mass hysteria by posting links and saying "The guy said so himself." isn't doing anyone any good. The complaints that people are having with him at the moment make no sense at all. Unless of course you are one of the people complaining about his age, his cost against the cap, and the severity of his knee's and back problems. See, that makes sense, and Ill entertain that argument. I won't entertain the argument that he's quitting and shutting down on this team. I saw many of his games with the vikes, and saw several of his games at Oakland Coliseum. I saw the guy quit and shut down. I have yet to see him pull that **** here.

Oh, please... This is in a thread about Moss' future with the team and a media member allegedly hearing that Belichick is going to get rid of him. In that context, someone noted that Belichick wouldn't have been happy about the Carolina game and I made a jibe aimed at some people here who claimed that the players who were lined up against Moss didn't have the best perspective on how he was playing and what kind of effort he was giving, and how that poster had better be careful. The result was people pulling out the knee-jerk defense over it, and that's why the links got posted.

And, for the record, while you claim that you have "yet to see him pull that here", some would assert that he pulled that in the San Diego game in 2008 and in the Carolina game in 2009.

Suppose you get a 2nd for Moss and use it to pick up Golden Tate, and then get Kevin Walter and maybe others in FA, then it doesn't look like such a bad move.

Oh, please... This is in a thread about Moss' future with the team and a media member allegedly hearing that Belichick is going to get rid of him. In that context, someone noted that Belichick wouldn't have been happy about the Carolina game and I made a jibe aimed at some people here who claimed that the players who were lined up against Moss didn't have the best perspective on how he was playing and what kind of effort he was giving, and how that poster had better be careful. The result was people pulling out the knee-jerk defense over it, and that's why the links got posted.

And, for the record, while you claim that you have "yet to see him pull that here", some would assert that he pulled that in the San Diego game in 2008 and in the Carolina game in 2009.

Ya, you're absolutely right. Oh, and I've been hearing lately from some players on a different team that Junior Seau is our best defensive player. There ya go, we can really take what players around the league say as the golden word. Again, those are people's opinions based on their observations. My observations is that ever since Moss got here there have been multiple games where he looked slow and unlike the player he usually is. Do I immediately look at him and start thinking the man is doggin it? No, I take into acct. that the man is getting old, and a lot of times looks like he is playing with some lingering injuries. People don't want to hear that though, they wanna run the guy out of town based on his past reputation alone.

Talk about some real football. Not your over reacting impressions. Ive seen Moss perform admirably in the blocking dept. all season long. Does that mean hes going to execute properly all of the time? Does that mean the man isnt going to get out muscled, or schooled? It doesnt mean hes giving up on the plays every time you see him. Give up on some? Sure, I bet he does. So does Brady, so do a lot of great players around the league. Im not apologizing for no one. But I also see a guy out there that if we dump, this team will be in even more shambles than it is now.
I see a guy out there, that regardless of how you feel about him, he still makes our offense more dynamic. Stop strockin you Epeen buddy, the blood pressure will drop and you will feel so much better.

Amusing you are......

You as a Moss apologist/Megafan sees what he wants to see.
I see different, and I'm DEFINITELY not alone.

I don't think the Pats can afford to get rid of that slacker, he still produces FOR HIMSELF, so that's better than asking that LOSER Aiken or the upcoming Edleman be the #1, or god forbid the untested and probably a BUST Tate to be a contributor.
The Pats need a quality WR or it'll be a REALLY long year, I'd love to get TWO great WRS and DUMP "I want for Me" Mossey, but that isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Suppose you get a 2nd for Moss and use it to pick up Golden Tate, and then get Kevin Walter and maybe others in FA, then it doesn't look like such a bad move.

In the long run, due to the concerns of Moss's age and lookin like he might be slowing down, that scenario would (If Tate proved to be the real deal) a great success for this team. But, do we really want to go into another season where Brady doesn't have a comfort level with most of the receivers he's got? The guy has got to have at least one binky.

Ya, you're absolutely right. Oh, and I've been hearing lately from some players on a different team that Junior Seau is our best defensive player. There ya go, we can really take what players around the league say as the golden word. Again, those are people's opinions based on their observations. My observations is that ever since Moss got here there have been multiple games where he looked slow and unlike the player he usually is. Do I immediately look at him and start thinking the man is doggin it? No, I take into acct. that the man is getting old, and a lot of times looks like he is playing with some lingering injuries. People don't want to hear that though, they wanna run the guy out of town based on his past reputation alone.

1.) Belichick called out the team after the Chargers game in 2008. Any unbiased person watching that game understood that Moss was not outside of that callout.

2.) Anyone watching the Carolina game saw what they saw. Brady commented on it. The opposing defenders commented on it. Moss admitted to the poor performance in a year that he refused to admit Revis held him in check during a game.

3.) Once a player is on the field, injuries excuse/explain performance level. They don't excuse/explain effort level, except in the rarest of circumstances.

What people don't want to hear is the ridiculous excuses, especially when they are the excuses being given by people on a message board who are being hypocrites by reading into things while complaining that those who are pointing out the problems with a Moss performance are reading into things.

Last edited:

Amusing you are......

You as a Moss apologist/Megafan sees what he wants to see.
I see different, and I'm DEFINITELY not alone.

I don't think the Pats can afford to get rid of that slacker, he still produces FOR HIMSELF, so that's better than asking that LOSER Aiken or the upcoming Edleman be the #1, or god forbid the untested and probably a BUST Tate to be a contributor.
The Pats need a quality WR or it'll be a REALLY long year, I'd love to get TWO great WRS and DUMP "I want for Me" Mossey, but that isn't going to happen.

Im amusing? No man, here I am about to go to bed and you've got me laughing my ass off. It's odd to me to see someone with so many seething venomous words spewing from their mouth about their favorite football team. You act as if you've been a Lions supporter for 25 yrs and just cant take the losing anymore. The crap you are saying about Moss is just that. CRAP! He is not one of the reasons for this teams failures this past yr. I see what I want to see? Thats right. Im being realistic, and I see an organization that miscalculated on personnel and coaching decisions this yr. I see an organization that is going to review themselves with an anal swab, and get back to the drawing board, and I see a organization that if just a few things are changed, will field a competitive team next yr. This yr. had its highs AND lows. Time to look ahead, and I just hope that BB doesnt react to **** the way you do.

1.) Belichick called out the team after the Chargers game. Any sane person watching that film understood that Moss was not outside of that callout.

2.) Anyone watching the Carolina game saw what they saw. Brady commented on it. The opposing defenders commented on it. Moss admitted to the poor performance in a year that he refused to admit Revis held him in check during a game.

3.) Once a player is on the field, injuries excuse/explain performance level. They don't excuse/explain effort level, except in the rarest of circumstances.

What people don't want to hear is the ridiculous excuses, especially when they are the excuses being given by people on a message board who are being hypocrites by reading into things while complaining that those who are pointing out the problems with a Moss performance are reading into things.

It's not an EXCUSE, its saying, HEY MAN, think about it, there could be several reasons. BB has called out his LB's and many players on the team this past 10 yrs. Am I to assume that Bruschi was a dogger? No, thats not what I assume. I assume that ALL....ALLLL players have good games and bad games. And, lets be honest here. Most of the people who are going hog wild over this loss are completely over reacting. The people that arent over reacting are thinking logically about the future of this franchise and stating legitimate reasons for why they believe those changes need to be made. Not throwing piss and moan fits about how much they hate this franchise, and about how ANGRY they are...and well...well, if things dont get fixed then Im gonna_______! Fill in the blank.

Im amusing? No man, here I am about to go to bed and you've got me laughing my ass off. It's odd to me to see someone with so many seething venomous words spewing from their mouth about their favorite football team. You act as if you've been a Lions supporter for 25 yrs and just cant take the losing anymore. The crap you are saying about Moss is just that. CRAP! He is not one of the reasons for this teams failures this past yr. I see what I want to see? Thats right. Im being realistic, and I see an organization that miscalculated on personnel and coaching decisions this yr. I see an organization that is going to review themselves with an anal swab, and get back to the drawing board, and I see a organization that if just a few things are changed, will field a competitive team next yr. This yr. had its highs AND lows. Time to look ahead, and I just hope that BB doesnt react to **** the way you do.

Sorry..maybe I should talk like we're in church, and talk all quiet like so you understand better.....
Moss IS a half effort guy with BOATLOADS of talent when he WANTS to showcase it.

Feel better?

If Welker hadn't blown out his knee I would be BEGGING to get rid of Moss, and I'm not afraid to say it......AAMOF I'd LOVE to see Billy grow a pair and dump that slackin' part-time LOSER for a Bag-O-Balls.

I want players that WANT to PLAY HARD, ALL THE TIME, not Prima Donnas like Mossey and his BS Excuses......bah, he can take that garbage with him on the way out.

If Moss played like Welker he would be all-world, the best ever to live IMO......fact is they are very different, one is a really hard worker at his craft, and the other is talented beyond belief but lets himself get taken out of games and go's soft and sulks when things don't go his way, and blocks like a 5 year old..

In the long run, due to the concerns of Moss's age and lookin like he might be slowing down, that scenario would (If Tate proved to be the real deal) a great success for this team. But, do we really want to go into another season where Brady doesn't have a comfort level with most of the receivers he's got? The guy has got to have at least one binky.

While you do have a point I don't think Moss is a binky anymore, Welker was the binky and Moss was largely neutralized as far as being a real impact player, so if we're going to be without a binky anyway we'd be better off with a player whose career is ahead of him rather than behind him.

Sorry..maybe I should talk like we're in church, and talk all quiet like so you understand better.....
Moss IS a half effort guy with BOATLOADS of talent when he WANTS to showcase it.

Feel better?

If Welker hadn't blown out his knee I would be BEGGING to get rid of Moss, and I'm not afraid to say it......AAMOF I'd LOVE to see Billy grow a pair and dump that slackin' part-time LOSER for a Bag-O-Balls.

I want players that WANT to PLAY HARD, ALL THE TIME, not Prima Donnas like Mossey and his BS Excuses......bah, he can take that garbage with him on the way out.

If Moss played like Welker he would be all-world, the best ever to live IMO......fact is they are very different, one is a really hard worker at his craft, and the other is talented beyond belief but lets himself get taken out of games and go's soft and sulks when things don't go his way, and blocks like a 5 year old..

Wow, cut the big INTERNET TUFF GUY, message board bully boy routine. You are right, they are not the same player, and they never will be. Welker is an Amazing, bad ass slot receiver that is the best at what he does, but he could never do what Moss does. Take Moss off this team and lets see Welker continue putting up the numbers he has thus far. Same goes for Moss now that Welker is gone. Both of those guys games feed off the other being there. You don't see that though. I bet you think if we lined a healthy Welker up outside he'd be a serious deep threat. Am I right? Im done with your nonsense man. Every thread you comment on you're foaming at the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes