PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bill polian now on weei

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
for anyone interested.

The guy is a weisel. The same guy that said to break flutie's leg. Just looking for some publicity to pump his ego on snagging adam.

funny ..he was asked that he has the highest paid kicker,highly paid recievers and QB..is this some approach you wish to proceed. His response was..."all the players are pro bowlers, and reggie wayne should have been - i have lost all faith in the pro bowl voting"
aside an interesting thing he said..when vinateri changed agents he was informed that he was available and until then everyone thought he was going back to the pats.

Well I kinda figured this out but apparently most teams believed the Pats would not let Adam go without a fight, and had no inkling he was truly available until they heard that from his NEW agent. They never believed they had a shot at signing Adam. When they found out they did they immediately moved to get a deal done. Apparently the lack of interest was based on an agent who never persued a market for his client. Teams didn't want to be used merely as leverage against the Patriots. Very interesting considering the other clients this agency has long represented.

The Colts do not believe they have seen any dropoff that would concern them over the next 3 seasons. Polian sounds very comfortable with his decision and says he most values what that position brings via scoring when you need it.

Low key press conferenc/availability probably tomorrow.

Must be comforting to know that you have 7.5 mil in guaranteed money tied up in your kicker over the next 2 seasons and no starting running back!

I guess the Colts didn't get the memo that the rest of the NFL received which pointed out that the Pats were so interested in retaining Vinatieri that they didn't bother to even offer him a signing bonus :rolleyes:

what

SVN said:
funny ..he was asked that he has the highest paid kicker,highly paid recievers and QB..is this some approach you wish to proceed. His response was..."all the players are pro bowlers, and reggie wayne should have been - i have lost all faith in the pro bowl voting"aside an interesting thing he said..when vinateri changed agents he was informed that he was available and until then everyone thought he was going back to the pats.

So let me get this strait: his argument is based on his guys being pro-bowlers, but then he said that he has lost all faith in the pro-bowl voting! :rolleyes: Wow, all those dolt fans must be so proud of this knucklehead running the team!

More money spent by the Colts on offense / scoring. That much less for their defense. The Colts are going to need touchdowns to stay ahead of teams - not field goals. Dumb Polian type choice.

Polian is talking to the converted when he said "As long as you pay the right players, we don’t feel there is a problem there. When you don’t pay the right players -- when you pay the wrong ones -- then you have a problem.â€

I know that several posters have predicted that the Colts will someday reach cap hell (of course, without actually giving the exact year). I just do not see it ever happening as long as Polian reamains the Colts GM.

mtbykr said:
So let me get this strait: his argument is based on his guys being pro-bowlers, but then he said that he has lost all faith in the pro-bowl voting! :rolleyes: Wow, all those dolt fans must be so proud of this knucklehead running the team!

Hehehe...yep. Exactly.

F pollion, F Dungy , F Manning, and F Adam at this stage, until they win a super bowl, to quote the fomer pats kicker... " dont talk to me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft