PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Mod Title Edit) Bill O'Brien's Comments From Tuesday ...

So, 10 years and 6 of those years with Mahomes.

Who were the teams with HOF QBs that he was beating?

On top of my head, just Manning's Broncos who went to 2 Super Bowls.

Belichick faced tougher competition.

Who exactly ? Reid has a better winning percentage, over 10 years of data despite being in the same division than another Super Bowl winning team.

When did the Bills, Jets or Dolphins even went to the Super Bowl ? other than the 2 games Favre played for the Jets against the Pats, Belichick didnt have to face any other HoF QB un the division.

You're asking for Reid to meet some criterias Belichick never faced himself.

Who exactly ? Reid has a better winning percentage, over 10 years of data despite being in the same division than another Super Bowl winning team.

When did the Bills, Jets or Dolphins even went to the Super Bowl ? other than the 2 games Favre played for the Jets against the Pats, Belichick didnt have to face any other HoF QB un the division.

You're asking for Reid to meet some criterias Belichick never faced himself.
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning will be in the HOF
Ben Rothlisberger will be in the HOF
Mahomes will be in the HOF
Kurt Warner
Russel Wilson will be in the HOF

Tougher competition.

Bill ****ing Belichick must Never, EVER be allowed to make another draft pick Ever ****ing Again. Period.
That's true even if Bill stays.

I still think that Bill and Bob are on the same page and we'll find out which one at the end of the season.

And then... BILL MUST GO!

I've heard BB take accountability the same way BOB is being praised for it. People just choose to ignore it because if it's acknowledged then it's one less pitchfork to throw aimlessly at an undeserving target.
I don't listen to him much but I don't remember him doing that. Usually he says WE need to do better when he talks about the poor coaching. BOB, who's Bill's underling, took the hit all by himself this time.

Any HC with a 2-9 record is a deserving target. Hell, one with a better record is already gone and he learned from Bill.

So is it a team sport or is it not?

That first part may be true but it doesn't excuse the abysmal job done by the GM/HC putting this roster together.
That's obvious but it gets ignored by many fans here. I don't get that.

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner

Tougher competition.

So you name 6QBs, 4of them Belichick faced in the Super Bowl, and somehow it should explain why Reid's Chiefs regular season winning percentage is higher than Belichick's Pats ?

You do understand that Reid faced them too, except that he coached against Brady instead of Mahomes?

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner

Tougher competition.
This is another thing that separates Brady from every other QB. And unlike Mahomes, Brady actually played and won playoff games on the road, including KC. Mahomes never has.

This is another thing that separates Brady from every other QB. And unlike Mahomes, Brady actually played and won playoff games on the road, including KC. Mahomes never has.
Mahomes is 1-1 on the road in playoff games.

So you name 6QBs, 4of them Belichick faced in the Super Bowl, and somehow it should explain why Reid's Chiefs regular season winning percentage is higher than Belichick's Pats ?

You do understand that Reid faced them too, except that he coached against Brady instead of Mahomes?
From 2001 - 2021 Belichick faced

P Manning 14 times
B Rothlisberger 12 times
B Farve 4 times
A Rodgers 3 times
R Wilson 2 times
P Mahomes 1 time

All regular season games and the only year that Belichick did not face off vs a HOF QB was 2021. The Chiefs have it easy.

Mahomes beat Hurts who looks like a HOF someday, but I believe payback is coming this SB when KC faces Philly again.

From 2001 - 2021 Belichick faced

P Manning 14 times
B Rothlisberger 12 times
B Farve 4 times
A Rodgers 3 times
R Wilson 2 times
P Mahomes 1 time

All regular season games and the only year that Belichick did not face off vs a HOF QB was 2021. The Chiefs have it easy.
Not to mention Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, and Culpepper when he went to Miami. The NFL is in a QB drought right now. The 2000s were awesome.

Mahomes beat Hurts who looks like a HOF someday, but I believe payback is coming this SB when KC faces Philly again.
If there was some way that the NYFL could get Mahomes a home SB game they would. I suppose Goondell can waive the 50 degree rule again like he did when the NYFL wanted to get NY fans to pony up for PSLs in their new stadium.

If there was some way that the NYFL could get Mahomes a home SB game they would. I suppose Goondell can waive the 50 degree rule again like he did when the NYFL wanted to get NY fans to pony up for PSLs in their new stadium.
The Chiefs are talking about a new stadium and a dome is on the table.

The Royals are moving downtown and once that is confirmed Chiefs stadium plans will solidify.

Funny fact :
As HC of their first team, Reid (with the Eagles) had a higher winning percentage than Belichick (with the Browns)

As HC of their 2nd team, Reid (with the Chiefs) has a higher winning percentage than Belichick (with the Pats)
Funny fact, Andy Reid has the most SB rings of any coach.

It would not surprise me to learn that Bill and Bob have a consensus about the QB situation. I think a lot of people have an overly simplistic view of how chain of command works in private enterprise. It’s not like the military where it’s salute and execute is the only model. I think Kraft has frequent discussions with BB about the team state of affairs, and the team owner and his GM discuss and agree on strategy. It’s simply naive to think that the GM of a multi-billion dollar business runs a free range rogue enterprise without being reined in by his CEO. Much more likely that they routinely meet and consult with each other. They’ve been working together for over twenty years, so they have a well established working relationship. And Bill is no dummy, despite popular opinion among some posters on here. When things start going sideways he’ll be communicating with his boss. Things like injury reports and player evaluations won’t be hidden from the boss. That’s why I’m not convinced it’s inevitable that Kraft will be firing Belichick. It’s more likely that when Bill leaves it’s his decision, or at least a mutual agreement that it’s time to part ways.
I agree with the first part, except that good officers in the military also consult their subordinates in decision making. Where lI disagree is that a good working relationship should not be the deciding factor on keeping Belichick in place. Ultimately, the results matter, and failure drives management changes.

These answers from Bill are interesting. He chooses to answer both times that the decision to draft Mac was a "collective" or "organizational" decision as opposed to just saying yes, he felt it was the right pick.

Funny fact, Andy Reid has the most SB rings of any coach.
Does that include the one he was given by Putin? And I know most people forget about the ones he won when George Santos was his QB. So what’s his current total? Not counting the one for this season.

Last edited:
These answers from Bill are interesting. He chooses to answer both times that the decision to draft Mac was a "collective" or "organizational" decision as opposed to just saying yes, he felt it was the right pick.

It's also hard to say they should have done X instead without the benefit of hindsight.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back