PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Plaschke not a fan of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
And back then 220 was big and a 4.8 was fast. Remember they are talking about a time when average men had 28 inch waists and weighed 150. This always seems to get overlooked when they compare the old days to today!

I had to stop reading after the second paragraph... Has Douche Palaschke even been watching Brady during his career? This guy's a joke!

That has to be the most self serving article I have ever read. "Look at me, I just ridiculed the best player in football that had one of the most impressive years anyone in any sport has ever had! I'm a contrarion!"
Plashke, you sir are a tool.

Comparing Brady to A-Rod told me all I need to know - that this guy knows nothing about Brady or A-Rod. His article is a joke.

this hack is a know nothing putz and he wouldn't know fire if it burned him.
This has got to be the reply of year so far.

Comparing Brady to A-Rod told me all I need to know - that this guy knows nothing about Brady or A-Rod. His article is a joke.

This guy is just stirring up the pot with his lame-ass comparisions... Johnny U's boy is probably proud of his father and I have no beef with him for his hero worship.....

However, the writer obviously lacks any football knowledge as others have pointed out and his sole purpose was to get a little attention to his column.. Well, I know this guy won't be welcome in NE, if he chooses to advertise his presence here..

BTW - watching the replay of the Carolina SB game.. Can't believe that the score was 0-0 late in the 2nd quarter... Just shows you what kind of offense they have now compared to that year...

If Brady leads the New England Patriots to a Super Bowl win over the New York Giants next Sunday, everyone will celebrate his four world championships.

They will forget that Otto Graham won seven league championships.

We'll see where Brady is once he retires. Johnny Unitas only won ONE championship. Joe Montana didn't win seven. Neither did Bart Starr or Slingin Sammy Baugh.

Everyone will wax about how, in two Super Bowls, Brady led his team on late fourth-quarter game-winning field-goal drives.

They will forget that, in one of his four Super Bowl championships, Joe Montana drove his San Francisco team 92 yards for a last-second, game-winning touchdown.

That's still 2 more game winning drives than any other quaterback not named Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas can say. And one more than both of them.

Everyone will applaud Brady for his tough defender's mentality.

They will forget that Slingin' Sammy Baugh actually played defense, picking off 31 passes in his career, which is more than he threw in his last three seasons combined.

Brady once punted the ball and caught a pass. Did Slingin' Sammy Baugh ever do that.

Everyone will predict that Brady's 92.9% completion rate in the playoffs against Jacksonville is a record that will never be broken.

They will forget that Johnny Unitas once threw touchdown passes in 47 consecutive games, a record that will truly never be broken.

Its easy to throw touchdown passes in 47 consecutive games when you call your own plays. Every other qb not named Unitas hasn't done it either.

Rodriguez is great, he's headed for the Hall of Fame, but he will retire as neither the greatest third baseman nor shortstop in history.

You're right, Alex Rodriguez won't retire as the greatest SS or 3B in history, but he will retire as the greatest player in history. Had he played SS or 3B his whole career he would have retired as the greatest at either of those positions. He might even still be the greatest SS ever. I'm a Sox fan and I can admit this.

Have you ever seen Brady with blood? Have you ever seen him wearing even so much as a grass stain?

I have seen him with a protective boot on a sprained ankle.

Everyone will marvel at Brady's 15-2 postseason record.

They will forget that Bart Starr was 9-1 in the postseason with a record 104.8 passer rating.

Brady was 10-1 at one point. IMO, 15-2 is more impressive than 9-1, even though its a lower win percentage.

The point I'm trying to make is that its easy to find one quarterback in history that might have done something a little better than Brady. But, you can't find a single QB (except maybe Joe Montana) that did all the things Brady has done. He has done what Bart Starr (playoff win percentage), Joe Montana (game winning drives), Johnny Unitas (tons of touchdowns in a season), and Otto Graham (tons of championships) are all famous for. He may have not done each thing to the extent of what each of them has, but he has done them all.

I can't believe I read the whole article.

9-1 > 15-2?

Brady was 10-0 in the playoffs at one point anyway. 10-0 > 9-1, I think.

Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas were great, especially when they led their teams to all those undefeated seasons.

Oh wait, thats right, they NEVER did.

This guy is a friggin tool.

Tom Brady would pick apart the lame predictable defenses of years ago and he wouldn't need his offensive coordinator to do it.

This one struck a nerve, eh?

I think he makes some valid points.
No, it is ******ed journalism 101.

I had a high school teacher that played on the Otto Graham-led Browns of the late 40's and early 50's as a DL. The guy had trouble speaking because he had been stepped on by metal cleats on a goal-line stand. That wouldn't happen today either. But my former teacher was 6' and 240 as a DT. He couldn't play in the NFL either today either.

It's a different world, a different game and to think anything but that is a flawed, illogical argument. Plaschke should stick to the Lakers before I start comparing him to Ring Lardner, who once wrote:

“There isn't anything on earth as depressing as an old sportswriter.”

Last edited:
This one struck a nerve, eh?

I think he makes some valid points.

what points do you think he made specifically? I saw the article more about comparing QB's between eras and his opinion being that "old school" QB's were better. He used Brady to flame a reaction since he is the top QB in the league and is playing in the Superbowl.

If you search and replaced Brady for Manning (Peyton - lets be honest no one cares about Eli) in this article, it would read the same with the same points.

Last edited:
Just another classic "things were better back when I was a kid" approach. "up a hill both ways" blah, blah, blah.

The goode Olde Daze...

"You Young whippersnappers just don't realize how tough it was in the Goode Olde Daze."

"Why I walked to school five miles in the snow. Barefoot! And it was all uphill.... BOTH WAYS!":rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:
O.K., I agree with him, except for the A-Rod comparison. To me he's more like Dave Conception, borderline Hall of Famer at best, system player with a lot of rings [/sarcasm].

Wait... let me write this down, who's the football Babe Ruth again? I need to memorize that list so I can impress my friends!

I can see where he gets this. You could call Brady Mr. January/February. A-Rod is Mr. May. They are only a couple months apart.

I don't even need to read the article to know it's BS. This guy has a clear agenda & I know because I hear him every so often rant about Bill Belichick on Around the Horn. He's a hater with no factual evidence to back up anything he spews.

Re: The goode Olde Daze...

"You Young whippersnappers just don't realize how tough it was in the Goode Olde Daze."

"Why I walked to school five miles in the snow. Barefoot! And it was all uphill.... BOTH WAYS!":rocker: :rocker:

Feh! You had feet? ;)

Re: Mr. Plaschke.

This fellow's one accomplishment is that he got picked to be on Around the Horn. There is no substance to his writing.

After SB 36, I recorded some ESPN shows on my DVR the week after the big upset. That neophyte who writes for a newspaper whose hometown has no NFL franchise, cut off the other columnists during the show who were expounding on what a great upset Pats v. Rams shouted incomprehensibly about how it was of no importance since Boston doesn't care - - it only cares about the Red Sox and the Patriots will never be beloved in Boston. It was 2 minutes where the other loudmouths sat there speechless at the nervous breakdown this odd man was experiencing on national television.

Honestly, it's all on tape. This guy has a mental problem. The strange "column" about Brady is just another episode for him.

I'm already sick of hearing about Unitas from these old ***** who actually watched him play.

Who cares. He's dead. The era he played in is woefully inferior to today's era across the board....athletes, complexities etc.

I'd take Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino and Peyton Manning before I'd even think about Unitas if I were picking an all-time team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back